West Orange-Stark (40) @ Nederland (34) - FINAL

jdawg03

The Bulldog offense is improved from last year. I was hoping for 3-7, but after watching one of the worst defenses I have seen in a long time, I am afraid it is going to be 2-8 again

The defense is slow and tackling is about as bad as you can get, but the really bad news is  in the 4th quarter, they showed that they have little desire to win

As far as the coaching staff goes, you are down 40-34 with about 3 minutes to go and you run east and west, then up the middle, then decide to throw on 3rd and about 7

I do not know who coaches the offensive line or the defensive coaches, but I can tell you that they are not getting the job done

I can say that the Mustangs showed great poise throughout the game. They never showed defeat. I liked their fight. The QB is SOOO good. I’m really impressed with the offensive line. We are big and they didn’t appear to be tired when it really counted. Shout out to the running backs, they did a really good job as well. I hope the weather will be much cooler next week. Nederland will be solid this year and I will root for them this season. Way to go Stangs!

19 minutes ago, spidersal said:

The Bulldog offense is improved from last year. I was hoping for 3-7, but after watching one of the worst defenses I have seen in a long time, I am afraid it is going to be 2-8 again

The defense is slow and tackling is about as bad as you can get, but the really bad news is  in the 4th quarter, they showed that they have little desire to win

As far as the coaching staff goes, you are down 40-34 with about 3 minutes to go and you run east and west, then up the middle, then decide to throw on 3rd and about 7

I do not know who coaches the offensive line or the defensive coaches, but I can tell you that they are not getting the job done

The kids didn’t want to win… what an IDIOT

I take it that you didn’t watch the game or the 4th quarter The Bulldog defense didn’t show up in the 4th quarter and didn’t appear that they wanted to! I can do without the idiot remark. You also need to learn how to read a post. It said very little desire. If they do want to win, they must be way out of shape and fundamentally unsound, because the WOS QB made them look like we’re standing still or he just ran over them like they were still in junior high

44 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

I can say that the Mustangs showed great poise throughout the game. They never showed defeat. I liked their fight. The QB is SOOO good. I’m really impressed with the offensive line. We are big and they didn’t appear to be tired when it really counted. Shout out to the running backs, they did a really good job as well. I hope the weather will be much cooler next week. Nederland will be solid this year and I will root for them this season. Way to go Stangs!

Our kids were hanging there heads and moving slow toward the locker room at the half. But came back out with the same, if not more,  intensity and energy. 

Nederland exposed some weaknesses. And we have plenty to work on before welcoming the Bears to DRH next Friday.

Nederland will get better. But I don't know if we were that bad, or they were that good. Kinda like last season... we didn't really know what we had after shutting them out in week 1.

Either way a win is a win. And I'm proud of the way we fought back. The leaders of the team never gave up. And kept everyone else giving 112%

1 hour ago, spidersal said:

I think we just ran out of gas...it was the longest regular season game I remember in a long time that didn't go to overtime 

1 minute ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

I think we just ran out of gas...it was the longest regular season game I remember in a long time that didn't go to overtime 

I agree it was longer than I thought. Didn't realize it was so late til after I made the walk down to the church. But I'm also glad we didn't start at 8. It wasn't too bad out there by gametime. The south breeze helped. I can't wait to get a good north wind around middle October.

That breeze also seemed like it held the ball up for the onside recovery.

The Dogs played alright for most of the game, but they ran out of gas by the 4th quarter. The Larry Neumann conditioning and tackling drills is no longer prevalent as evidenced by the poor tackling and inability to pursue to the football.  I think WOS coaching or there lack of helped the Dogs too. This was not your Hooks or Thompson WOS team. WOS has the talent, it just isn't being utilized effectively. I haven't seen the Dogs run an offense so basic and generic since the late 70' and early 80's. I think our record will be comparatively similar too to that era. It was a long boring game... no energy in the house... lots of big gaps where there there should've been fans and the band was sitting near the Windmill museum. I guess our tradition got cancelled. 

Yes I certainly see a major problem. I understand that there is not a whole lot of talent on the team, however they walk on and off the field, with little enthusiasm .

You take a 4th quarter lead 34-22 and then completely shut it down is a telling sign of some bad football to come

IMO, it appears that the players are being poorly coached and the possibility that they don’t want to play for this coaching staff

IMO, last year and this year will be 2 of the worst teams in the history of Nederland football.  They still have 6 teams on the schedule that are better than WOS

Both teams played under extreme conditions. I do believe these teams will show improvement as the season continues. WOS defense has got to stop the run on both sidelines. Congrats to the bands as well, they work hard to put on a show for the fans in the stands so;  show them some love when they play on your side of the field.🙂