Lcm 2023

lcm93

2 hours ago, 72 Pinto said:

West Orange coaches are recruiting LCM ball boys?  I bet the UIL isn't too concerned with that.  

Ball boys? Are they usually coaches kids? Lol 

Guess we need to step up our recruit game. In case nobody has noticed. WOS openly recruits any and everyone. We have commercials on local TV promoting our many academic and athletic opportunities. An open district with no tuition fees that also has no standards for those students wishing to continue their education. We take em all.

3 hours ago, 72 Pinto said:

West Orange coaches are recruiting LCM ball boys?  I bet the UIL isn't too concerned with that.  

Go watch an LCM game and see who the ball boys are. For the particular game in reference it was 4 freshman players who will probably be on varsity this year for LCM. 

They definitely all try to pull in kids from other schools.  I think maybe others are smoother and quieter about it, though.  This kid leaving mid season and showing up at the cross town school the next day is just a bad look.  Bad on the kid as well.  Doesn't seem like a very loyal kid.  If I were the WOS coach I wouldn't allow him to play.

49 minutes ago, 72 Pinto said:

They definitely all try to pull in kids from other schools.  I think maybe others are smoother and quieter about it, though.  This kid leaving mid season and showing up at the cross town school the next day is just a bad look.  Bad on the kid as well.  Doesn't seem like a very loyal kid.  If I were the WOS coach I wouldn't allow him to play.

I agree. That's a fine line on what kind of message that sends to the team. But. I already know what the new WOS leader will say. In my opinion probably opposite of what CT would do.

7 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Winning is the best recruiting tool. 😁

Win lose or draw the atmosphere and culture he is creating is lightyears better for the kids and community. I think at this point his overall coaching record speaks for itself for the ones who call him a dud...  the mouth will say anything 

On 7/13/2023 at 6:50 PM, 72 Pinto said:

So take your best freshmen players and put them on your cross town rivals sidelines unsupervised?  Seems like a way to get your best kids snagged.  My coworker said the LCM head coach used to pick up the WOS kid and bring him to LCM workouts while the kid was enrolled in WOS still.

LoL. That's a lie. 

7 hours ago, marshman said:

And the UIL is allowing him to be cleared to play from week 1? 
that is wild. Wouldn’t have expected that

As for I know, yes. Not sure if it's from week 1. But I don't know of any reason he would be held out. Did he play any games for LCM last season? Or does that even matter?