THSCA does not recognize the Faith Family championship

They won fair and square. No different than schools who recruits players all over the state. I see it weekly where some 3 or 4 star ️ athletes are changing schools. So what is good for the me is good for all in my opinion. It’s never gonna stop unless you make that player set out of competition a year. 

46 minutes ago, Rodney Dotson said:

They won fair and square. No different than schools who recruits players all over the state. I see it weekly where some 3 or 4 star ️ athletes are changing schools. So what is good for the me is good for all in my opinion. It’s never gonna stop unless you make that player set out of competition a year. 

Not true!! They won in a small school bracket by recruiting over 16 different districts. FF isn't a 4A school. 

46 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Pardon me but who cares.  THSCA doesn’t hand out titles.  I’m sure it’s an attempt to get UIL’s attention.  Maybe it will work. 

lol. again like I said above, I wonder why such the mess this time?  FF has won 2 other titles without all the chaos. 

Anyone can propose a rule change to the UIL.

1 hour ago, BEARCPA said:

I do not know, I just stated that they've rubbed a lot of folks the wrong way since they first came on the scene. Didn't know we had any FF defenders on the board lol

never said I was. I simply was wanting to find out from the "in the knows" we have here. Cause they speak/post like they are on top of things.

Curiosity killed the cat, but Satisfaction brought it back.

3 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Been plenty of discussion about Faith Family since 2019.

UIL has it's radar up but not much they can do right now. State legislation has their hands somewhat tied.

I thought it was funny that the coaches association did that.

Exactly.  FF is a power move by the state legislature.  Similar to the power grid fiasco.

11 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Oak Cliff Faith Family    657 ???

2022-24 Realignment 
Duncanville 4642 enrollment compared to Faith Family 657 ??? I believe Faith Family participate in other sports than basketball 🏀. I’m curious to hear what the schools in FF district are saying about this school/team. Faith Family district is made up of all Prep Schools 

18 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

2022-24 Realignment 
Duncanville 4642 enrollment compared to Faith Family 657 ??? I believe Faith Family participate in other sports than basketball 🏀. I’m curious to hear what the schools in FF district are saying about this school/team. Faith Family district is made up of all Prep Schools 

BOYS SOCCER
GIRLS SOCCER
TRACK & FIELD
VOLLEYBALL
RUGBY (these at Oak Cliff)

WAXAHACHIE

BOYS BASKETBALL
GIRLS BASKETBALL
VOLLEYBALL

This is the hidden content, please

4 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

never said I was. I simply was wanting to find out from the "in the knows" we have here. Cause they speak/post like they are on top of things.

Curiosity killed the cat, but Satisfaction brought it back.

I need some of whatever you’re on 

20 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Not true!! They won in a small school bracket by recruiting over 16 different districts. FF isn't a 4A school. 

Quite sure, they dont have to 'recruit much. if any. In those 16 Districts that are in "their"  area the standouts come calling to them more so than not. I bet my house on that.

They can accept any student out of the 16 districts. Supposedly in multi school districts the players come out of the attendance zone except for the magnat schools which can come from throughout the district. I will say this about the situation which I think is very unfair. I ran into one of the UIL leaders about a year ago and stated that I have lived in states like Arkansas, Colorado and Nebraska where the private school play right in with the public schools and they do not have these recruitment problems like they do in Texas. He replied that in Arkansas they have a unique way of taking care of the problem that works pretty good. I came home and researched it a little. I found out that in Arkansas the schools are assigned by enrollment but in the case of private schools if one becomes too dominant they are assigned to a higher classification by the Arkansas Athletic Activities Association. In Nebraska there are a lot of Catholic schools in their association. In some instances some of those schools were very strong but they never dominated year after year like Faith and Family does. A year ago at the State tournament I sat next to a coach from a good AAA school in North Texas. He told me that Faith and Family never runs out of talent. You can think they have graduated most of their team and the next year they show up with a bunch of new faces who are as talented or more talented than the last group.

6 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

Quite sure, they dont have to 'recruit much. if any. In those 16 Districts that are in "their"  area the standouts come calling to them more so than not. I bet my house on that.

This is the Ja Morant syndrome. Ja's dad is more like a trainer than father.  A lot of these kids live in a sports bubble.  They eat, sleep and live basketball.  In season ball, off season ball.  If they are good enough they go to the G league, or NIL from this  college or that.   They are mercenaries.