Bellville (27) vs West Orange-Stark (20) - FINAL

jdawg03

9 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

We believe another coach would have continued our tradition. We also believe if any another qualified candidate would've been given any consideration at all. This could've been a better season for our student-athletes. And we would not have lost students as a result. 

Once again, I don’t disagree. But belief and reality are two different things. God be with the next guy. He’s gonna need it. 

50 minutes ago, wbfan said:

Ma'am...they aren't going to fire a coach that made the playoffs. West Orange-Stark is a school with a football team, not a football team with a school.

Fact is football is very important at WOS. The coach didn't nearly meet expectations so that probably means it's time for him to go. School board really needs to consider hiring a coach the people will get behind. Even when they do that the new coach will have a tough task because I don't see the district getting much easier next year 

5 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

Fact is football is very important at WOS. The coach didn't nearly meet expectations so that probably means it's time for him to go. School board really needs to consider hiring a coach the people will get behind. Even when they do that the new coach will have a tough task because I don't see the district getting much easier next year 

If what you say is true, I just wish academics were even half as important. It seems that football wins at all costs is more important than the success of ALL WOS students. 

3 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Ma’am, I have a lot of respect for you, and I always enjoy your posts and your enthusiasm. But is that really the answer and what you want these kids to learn?

I don't want these kids to learn that a job would be handed to you without consequences for disappointing reaults. Its all about the expectations based on the returning talent and a "current" staff member taking over. Current usually means business as usual. I could give numerous examples. Why the sudden drop?

I heard the sideline to sideline guys early on predict us to play Carthage in Dallas. Then they came to town after the lcm classic. Saw png and said we were down. Hinted that we were out coached by the first year png staff. Even picked us to beat Jasper later in the year. Another first year staff that got the Win against us. Then, this week, they said... we have no play makers.

I'm sorry. Excuse me. Now it's the kids. When the coaching makes the kids look bad, it's a failure. What game was it that AggiesAreWe said we lost on the sideline? What game was it that Gary Stelly was giggling about us not getting a play called in after a TO?

Coaching... don't need 7 years to figure it out here. 7 games and we knew.

7 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I don't want these kids to learn that a job would be handed to you without consequences for disappointing reaults. Its all about the expectations based on the returning talent and a "current" staff member taking over. Current usually means business as usual. I could give numerous examples. Why the sudden drop?

I heard the sideline to sideline guys early on predict us to play Carthage in Dallas. Then they came to town after the lcm classic. Saw png and said we were down. Hinted that we were out coached by the first year png staff. Even picked us to beat Jasper later in the year. Another first year staff that got the Win against us. Then, this week, they said... we have no play makers.

I'm sorry. Excuse me. Now it's the kids. When the coaching makes the kids look bad, it's a failure. What game was it that AggiesAreWe said we lost on the sideline? What game was it that Gary Stelly was giggling about us not getting a play called in after a TO?

Coaching... don't need 7 years to figure it out here. 7 games and we knew.

One more time, I’m not saying you’re wrong. I disagree with the way the fans are approaching this entire debacle though. 

1 minute ago, SmashMouth said:

One more time, I’m not saying you’re wrong. I disagree with the way the fans are approaching this entire debacle though. 

Yea that wasn't really direct so much at you.

But this brings up something more for our discussion. How would you have us approach this? We're still new to this coaching change thing.

1 minute ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Yea that wasn't really direct so much at you.

But this brings up something more for our discussion. How would you have us approach this? We're still new to this coaching change thing.

Lmao. Fair enough. It’s late. I’ll try to answer when I can. Headed to the deer lease in 4 hours.