Port Arthur Memorial (24) @ Baytown Lee (28) - FINAL

jdawg03

Yea…the turnovers didn’t help.  But that’s not the reason they lost.  After ALL the turnovers they were still up.  Don’t give them an excuse.  They didn’t adjust plain and simple.  I’m not sure how you can go to sleep tonight knowing you gave them the game by not doing your job.  Coaching.  You wanna see the kids be the best they can be… This staff wrecked the ship tonight.  Sad part is…the kids bailed them out earlier in the season.  Yes a W is a W…but if it wasn’t for the players….they would have two more loses. Hate to throw it out there but man… At some point… You have to be better as a coach.

3 minutes ago, Djones8301 said:

This game was simple…PAM didn’t come prepared to play tonight. Came out flat, turnovers, missed tackles, dumb penalties! Better clean it up or they will be heading north in the first round!

Yup! (In bold)

Those 2 last ones (one each on the last 2 Lee drives) kept those drives alive and Lee ended up scoring TDs each drive. One of those drives it happened right before a 3rd and long for Lee, we were going to get off the field. 

At the end of the day, these are 16-18 yr old kids.   They get cocky and buy into the hype, they don’t prepare hard and don’t  take certain opponents seriously, and they come out flat.  It happens weekly across the state.

Timpson did they same thing tonight in Joaquin, although the Rams are a solid team. Timpson squeaked it out by making adjustments and waking up the 2nd half.

It seems like PAM’s coaches failed to do the same.   I’d love to see a program like Memorial with a coach like Therwanger.

14 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

A surprise in Baytown tonight as Port Arthur Memorial suffers its first loss of the season. #txhsfb #BEScores 

This is the hidden content, please

"We did a lot of things wrong that you have to do to win games. We turned the ball over, which you can’t do." - coach Brian Morgan 

This is the hidden content, please

17 hours ago, Shiner said:

Does anyone from PA miss Kenny yet?

nope. the only props i will give ol xbox is the kids respected him. i'll give him his due for that, but the coaching remains the same if not worse. the wins are coming from more of the kids ability. take the porter game. last min of the game PAM get a fumble recovery on around the 3 yard line run it back to the 40 and try to lateral it...WITH THE LEAD!!! just go out of bounds or slide and game over!! porter recovers the lateral drive to around the 20 and missed a chip shot fg to win. that kid was hitting them from the 35 in warm ups

11 minutes ago, pakronos said:

nope. the only props i will give ol xbox is the kids respected him. i'll give him his due for that, but the coaching remains the same if not worse. the wins are coming from more of the kids ability. take the porter game. last min of the game PAM get a fumble recovery on around the 3 yard line run it back to the 40 and try to lateral it...WITH THE LEAD!!! just go out of bounds or slide and game over!! porter recovers the lateral drive to around the 20 and missed a chip shot fg to win. that kid was hitting them from the 35 in warm ups

I sometimes wonder where do you get your info. It was Not a "LATERAL!" The Kid actually had the "STRIPPED," in other words a "FUMBLE!" 

1 minute ago, ThaGhost said:

@Mr. Buddy Garrity to answer your question, yes that was still inbounds when the late hit was called on #22. A Titan didn't get him down and was holding on when #22 came and finished the play. The official wasn't going to throw the flag until six of Lee coaches ran over to him.

I figured as such. I didn't hear a whistle and the kid was still fighting for yardage like he was supposed to.