Little Cypress-Mauriceville (29) @ Vidor (36) - FINAL

jdawg03

1 minute ago, lcm93 said:

They slow undisciplined team in order to change this team to be winners the community must change and I don't see it changing!!

I think the fans came out and supported the Bears. The kids were not focused on the game. Play calling and being super aggressive could be on the coaching. But all the arm tackling and trying to strip the ball was horrible. 

1 minute ago, Boneyard Boys said:

The QB they had last year was tough as nails, I liked him but when your defense can’t stop the run it doesn’t matter who the quarterback is I guess.

LCM has trouble with the slot T for years. Livingston vidor orangefield. If they run that offense they have a good chance of beating them. 

10 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

LCM has trouble with the slot T for years. Livingston vidor orangefield. If they run that offense they have a good chance of beating them. 

When you watch Vidor play against a team that can’t stop the run the defense stays on the field too long, gets tired and can’t tackle or beat blocks. Then their offense comes out and scores quickly on big plays, it’s hard for coaches to play conservative and keep their offense on the field longer to give their defensive guys a breather. LCM could have easily lined 7 up all night long at wildcat or just give him power run handoffs and chewed up clock, got first downs and tried to beat Vidor at their own game. Some coaches won’t do it they love taking deep shots and looking for big plays. Huffman the last few years has been a good example of a team that could play the same strategy and beat the Pirates with a similar style, then switch it up against other teams.

Hats off to the Vidor Pirates tonight. They had the will to win and stuck to their scheme.

The Bears had flashes of brilliance but couldn't put together cohesive drives when they needed them. Not understanding why we constantly went deep instead of getting our offense in a rhythm and giving the D a break.They were gassed after the first quarter. We were passing to run instead of running to pass. We had guys wide open over the middle but instead tried to go for the home run which didn't work once. We went with the Wildcat and #7 scored. I only saw that play one more time and we had a good gain. The offensive and defensive schemes either weren't executed correctly or were bad for the situation. Pitching the ball in your own end zone is like calling a quarterback draw from shotgun with fourth and inches! Oh wait we did that too and failed.

We attempted to run the 5-0 defense tonight ( which is what West Orange would always dominate Vidor with) but had one of the best defensive ends in the state trying to clog up the middle instead of sealing off the edge. 

Yes the officiating sucked but it didn't determine the outcome of the game. Peevey will have a "come to Jesus" meeting with the coordinators this week and hopefully the line out these issues as they will be traveling to Livingston this week. They won't be a slouch for sure.

4 minutes ago, RVTrash said:

BLAHHH HAHAHA..and some of you guys from Vidor were ready to run Coach Matthews OUT OF TOWN about 2-3 weeks AGO!!!! Get your note pad out, shut your trap and take notes......Congrats Vidor and Coaching Staff !!! 

Your referring to Mr Negative Thornton Melon Head. He sure is quiet tonight. Lol