Silsbee vs. Nederland

BADSANTA

5 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Silsbee is 3-0 vs WOS when its win or go home 😂😂😂😂😂😂

But they always end up going home - with an L to end the run. Never win AND go home.

I'll take 0-3 against y'all in the postseason with four titles any day. 

And y'all would swap for those in a heartbeat ;)

3 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

WOS hasn't ever beat Silsbee in the playoffs is a fact. 

Somehow I'm not bothered by that. If that's the legacy you hang on to, I'd suggest raising your expectations. I can not imagine our coaches have ever used BEAT SILSBEE as the mark of a successful season.

Not once.

This week should be an easy win for y'all.

7 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

WOS hasn't ever beat Silsbee in the playoffs is a fact. 

It is fact!! 0-3. But, beating w.o is the goal.yall will never win a state title then.the goal is to play for 16 weeks. And Silsbee hasn't done that yet. So, I'll take a state title over a regular win.

Let’s see how the “coaching” at Nederland adjusts to their personnel, young inexperienced group. Its a bold strategy to not have a practice on Monday, and they only walk through on day before. The middle schools practiced Monday,  just not the big boys that seem to want to and need some reps. At Nederland, silsbee wins by double digits. At Lamar, Silsbee also by double digits.

1 hour ago, PhatMack19 said:

I will say there have been more workers at the stadium working over that last month than have been there the last year combined.  Not sure why they didn’t start working like that a little sooner.  

So havent really been keeping up with all the stadium work area wide.  Knew of ours and saw LCMs but this was the first i had seen on Nederlands.  What are they doing there?

2 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

I will say there have been more workers at the stadium working over that last month than have been there the last year combined.  Not sure why they didn’t start working like that a little sooner.  

Yeah, I know.   That happens when you wait till almost June to start a project.  🙄

1 hour ago, ST413 said:

So havent really been keeping up with all the stadium work area wide.  Knew of ours and saw LCMs but this was the first i had seen on Nederlands.  What are they doing there?

Phase 2 of upgrades.   Phase 1 was the turf (2 years ago),  phase 2 is replacing the restrooms, ticket booth and upgrading the stands for ADA compliance.   Phase 3 will be a new pressbox but that will be next year.   Hopefully they don't start in June.

Work being done down there has been scarce for a long time. Then last 3 weeks, workers all over until late at night, weekends, holidays (I’m sure NISD paying double time for that). Still way behind. After game moved today, the workers...well they gone! 
whoever is putting the apartment complexes all over the area needs to be in charge, those things are being completed in no time 😂

11 hours ago, PINETREE said:

Are tickets being sold @ the gate for Silsbee/Nederland game at Lamar University or have to buy online?

Kind of strange, a guest reported this. Here's the info he left. Hope it's correct...

*Friday, Sept. 9, 2022 - *The Nederland vs Silsbee varsity football game will be held at Lamar University's Provost Umphrey Stadium. Kickoff is 7:00 pm.

Nederland Season Ticket Holders may use their Nederland Reserved Tickets for this game. Show the printed ticket or screenshot for each person entering the gate.

General Admission tickets will be sold at the Lamar gate for $7.00. Cash or Credit Card accepted. 

Passes Accepted: UIL District 9-5A & 9-4A; THSCA; NISD Employee ID (+1); Nederland Senior Citizen Gold Card; NISD Scoreboard Sponsor Pass(+1); Underlevel Athletic Football Pass

This is the hidden content, please
 at Lamar University.

5 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Kind of strange, a guest reported this. Here's the info he left. Hope it's correct...

*Friday, Sept. 9, 2022 - *The Nederland vs Silsbee varsity football game will be held at Lamar University's Provost Umphrey Stadium. Kickoff is 7:00 pm.

Nederland Season Ticket Holders may use their Nederland Reserved Tickets for this game. Show the printed ticket or screenshot for each person entering the gate.

General Admission tickets will be sold at the Lamar gate for $7.00. Cash or Credit Card accepted. 

Passes Accepted: UIL District 9-5A & 9-4A; THSCA; NISD Employee ID (+1); Nederland Senior Citizen Gold Card; NISD Scoreboard Sponsor Pass(+1); Underlevel Athletic Football Pass

at Lamar University.

It is , all most verbatim from the NISD website. (Credit NISD).

VARSITY FOOTBALL GAME
As announced yesterday, due to construction delays and material shortages, the Friday, September 9th varsity football game versus Silsbee will be played at Lamar University Provost Umphrey Stadium.
All season tickets, general admission tickets, faculty badges, and gold cards will be honored and accepted at the gate.
Gates will open at 5:30pm.
Kick-off at 7:00pm.
Nederland will be on the Home side.
General admission tickets can be purchased online by visiting the Athletics website until Friday, September 9th at 12noon --> 
NHS students can purchase tickets at Nederland High School in person until Friday, September 9th at 12noon.