Friendly Reminder About Forum Rules

bullets13

Football season is upon us, and it’s the time of year where posters get all up in their feels and start breaking forum rules.  I encourage everyone to read through them if they’re new to the site, or if maybe it’s been awhile and you need a refresher.  To help you out, I’ll go over a few of the ones that usually get broken here for your reading pleasure, and even provide a few examples for you: 

No profanity.  This includes using symbols.  Obviously not all profanity is created equal, but for certain words, or for using them to describe someone else, you’ll catch a ban pretty quick.  

Keep it civil:  no abusive or racial comments.  
acceptable: I disagree with that.  
unacceptable: you’re an idiot.  
acceptable: you’re wrong about that. 
unacceptable: You’re an idiot. 
acceptable: quit asking me the same thing over and over.  
unacceptable: I’ll answer you when your mom leaves. 
I think y’all get the point here.  

Stick to the topic.  This can get a little fuzzy at times, and it’s okay to bring up someone’s comments on a previous thread, within reason. 
acceptable: when this team played last week you were saying something different. 
unacceptable: in the Benghazi thread on the political forum you made  a point I disagree with.  
Acceptable: LCM is down 10.  If they lose and we win this one, we’re tied for first in district!
unacceptable: I just saw that Carthage is up 35 on Marshall.  They’d destroy this team if they played. 
again, use common sense. 

and finally, and probably most importantly, no bashing of teams, coaches, individual players, or communities. 

acceptable: the quarterback is struggling with his accuracy today.  
Unacceptable: this quarterback is garbage.  Bench him!

acceptable: the secondary can’t cover their receivers. 
Unacceptable: man, their wide receivers are torching #3!

acceptable: I don’t like coach Harris’ game-plan. 
Unacceptable: this coach is a moron! Fire him! 

acceptable: I think Johnson is a better option at running back.
unacceptable: this team isn’t going to win until they quit handing the ball off to Williams.  

acceptable: Hamshire Fannett doesn’t have enough parking, and needs turf. 
Unacceptable: The HF stadium sucks.  They should bulldoze it. 

acceptable: this is a tough matchup for Williams.  
unacceptable: Williams isn’t good enough to be on the field in this one.  He’s single-handedly losing the game for us. 

acceptable: it seems like we have to problems with the fans every time we go to Caneyhead.  
Unacceptable: everyone who lives in Caneyhead is white trash.  

Use your common sense here once again. It’s understandable to get frustrated with teams, players, facilities, and communities.  If you can’t find a way to respectfully make your point, just keep it to yourself.

i appreciate your time here, gentlemen.  Here’s to a great season of SETX football, and an enjoyable season of posting on the best sports site in Texas! 

3 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

The one that stumps me is caneyhead? I always thought it was extremely derogatory, almost to the point of being a racial slur. Apparently it's acceptable. Maybe it's OK to refer to the area, but not to call someone a caneyhead? Doubt I've ever even been there, maybe drove thru and missed the stop sign. Idk

It's a place that people are from.  It some circles it might be considered derogatory to say someone is from there?

4 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

The one that stumps me is caneyhead? I always thought it was extremely derogatory, almost to the point of being a racial slur. Apparently it's acceptable. Maybe it's OK to refer to the area, but not to call someone a caneyhead? Doubt I've ever even been there, maybe drove thru and missed the stop sign. Idk

It’s even a badge of honor for some. I was there all weekend. Lol. It’s comparable to saying “Yeah, they’re from Vidor…”

Not too many years ago, it was almost derogatory. I guess it’s in the eye of the beholder. 

I never understood the Caneyhead thing... it's not bad at all as evidenced by the fact that a lot of people kinda low-key brag about it.  "My grandma lived in Caneyhead and we spent a lot of time there growing up.  So you could kinda say I'm from Caneyhead, too."

We lived in Leggett/Seven Oaks for a while growing up.  Nobody even wants to admit that they're from Leggett.  It's just different. 

10 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

it's an area near Fred/Spurger on Highway 92 . Dam B lake /Neches river. 

6 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

I never understood the Caneyhead thing... it's not bad at all as evidenced by the fact that a lot of people kinda low-key brag about it.  "My grandma lived in Caneyhead and we spent a lot of time there growing up.  So you could kinda say I'm from Caneyhead, too."

We lived in Leggett/Seven Oaks for a while growing up.  Nobody even wants to admit that they're from Leggett.  It's just different. 

lol if about an hour drive between the two is close enough for ya to gain citizenship then so be it. 🙂

2 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

it's an area near Fred/Spurger on Highway 92 . Dam B lake /Neches river. 

Caneyhead proper is actually between Silsbee and Fred. From FM 1122 north on FM 92 to Tyler County line is considered Caneyhead. Also, most folks only consider Caneyhead residents to be on the east side of 92. West side is considered Drakeville.

I know this area very well being I spent a lot of my time in and out of there with friends, classmates and girls. All Caneyhead residents attended Silsbee schools (if they went to school).

14 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Caneyhead proper is actually between Silsbee and Fred. From FM 1122 north on FM 92 to Tyler County line is considered Caneyhead. Also, most folks only consider Caneyhead residents to be on the east side of 92. West side is considered Drakeville.

I know this area very well being I spent a lot of my time in and out of there with friends, classmates and girls. All Caneyhead residents attended Silsbee schools (if they went to school).

You are correct, lol. And to be completely transparent, I was at Beech Creek HC in Drakeville - not necessarily Caney Head (although the two kind of meld together in that area...).