Uvalde School Shooting, 21 Dead

tvc184

7 minutes ago, baddog said:

If you are armed, you can fight back also. 

Not everyone is armed, many Pro 2nd amendment ppl aren't armed at all times.. I'd waiver a majority of Pro 2nd amendment ppl don't carry... that argument won't work here

I don't think the solution is taking away weapons that will never happen or work, it's more of what do we do now? Wait and see where the next school is going to have kids slaughtered? I have a son in school, own weapons, and don't believe every idiot in the world should should have the right to possess a weapon... we have things in place where not everyone can enlist in the army, drive a car, etc

30 minutes ago, 45thSucks said:

Nice deflection.. you could've simple answered the question, yet you chose not to

But to answer your question since I'm not a coward or chicken #### like yourself 

An assault rifle has many different definitions depending on who you ask

Majority if not all firearms can be considered a "assault rifle" depending on how its modified, rapid fire, magazine fed etc

Now let me ask you since you deflected and quoted me, all these states that have heavy gun laws etc, do they have high crime with guns that shoot 30+ bullets in seconds and school shootings or is it idiots in the streets.. let's try that one, see if you can answer that without another question 

I have a pistol, FN-57, that holds 20 rounds in a standard double-stacked clip. It's very accurate...actually once used by the Secret Service. It's not an assault rifle, but I would pit myself against a guy carrying an AR-15 any day of the week. It's not the assault rifles or any rifles for that matter that is the problem. I can take a standard carbine with a 10 round clip and have just as much portability, have a duffle bag full of clips and have just as much firing capacity.

Folks, we have a MENTAL HEALTH ISSUE on our hands... Btw, Timothy McVeigh was not using an assault rifle.

This is the hidden content, please

From the article:

The father of a teenage victim of the Parkland, Florida, school shooting told Fox News Digital on Wednesday that state governments haven’t "learned anything" from past school shootings and insisted more gun laws are not the solution to preventing more shootings.

"Evidently they didn’t learn anything," Andrew Pollack, whose daughter Meadow was killed when a gunman opened fire at her school in Parkland in 2018, told Fox News Digital.

Pollack referenced a school shooting in Santa Fe, Texas, in 2018 that left 10 dead and reiterated that more could be done to increase security in schools.

"They didn’t learn anything from what happened in Texas at that school shooting, they didn’t learn anything from what happened in Parkland at that shooting, they didn’t learn anything from what happened at Sandy Hook," Pollack explained. "When you focus on just gun control this is what happens. It’s happened again."

7 hours ago, tvc184 said:

Because the media and people want immediate answers and that was what had been reported at that time.

Maybe a year before I retired, we had an officer involved shooting where a suspect was killed. I arrived on scene within a couple of minutes. I quickly spoke to an officer who had spoken with a witness. The information that I received was it a man approached the officer and put his hand near his back pocket like he might have been going for something. No weapon was ever displayed but the officer shot him.

So I approached the chief and another commanding officer with that information. I was told practically immediately that that is not what happened. I was simply relaying the information but that information was so far from the truth. I later watched the car camera video and the officer’s  body camera video and the story I was told at the actual crime scene was so far from the truth. That video was later released to the public. 

The point is that I was on scene  within a couple of minutes and was given what appeared to be good information from an eye witness, through another officer, and it was complete nonsense. Had I spoken to the media at that time however, I might have repeated that completely bogus story. On occasion I have been the on scene spokesman and fortunately, not for officer involved incidents.

That is why we do “investigations”.

Remember Michael Brown and “hands up, don’t shoot”. The FBI under President Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder had a year long investigation costing millions of dollars which concluded that the hands up don’t shoot, never happened.

Not so strangely, the DA and local and state police came to the conclusion within a couple of days.

Interesting. Hopefully the DPS disciplines Sgt. Estrada for "confirming" those false reports.

I've seen plenty of law enforcement spokesmen say things like "we will not comment on the specifics of today's events until our investigation is concluded" at press conferences that follow shootings, etc. Why do you think that wasn't the case in Uvalde?

8 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

I have a pistol, FN-57, that holds 20 rounds in a standard double-stacked clip. It's very accurate...actually once used by the Secret Service. It's not an assault rifle, but I would pit myself against a guy carrying an AR-15 any day of the week. It's not the assault rifles or any rifles for that matter that is the problem. I can take a standard carbine with a 10 round clip and have just as much portability, have a duffle bag full of clips and have just as much firing capacity.

Folks, we have a MENTAL HEALTH ISSUE on our hands... Btw, Timothy McVeigh was not using an assault rifle.

Thank you, this conversation should not be about guns, some just don't get that.

16 minutes ago, 45thSucks said:

Not everyone is armed, many Pro 2nd amendment ppl aren't armed at all times.. I'd waiver a majority of Pro 2nd amendment ppl don't carry... that argument won't work here

I don't think the solution is taking away weapons that will never happen or work, it's more of what do we do now? Wait and see where the next school is going to have kids slaughtered? I have a son in school, own weapons, and don't believe every idiot in the world should should have the right to possess a weapon... we have things in place where not everyone can enlist in the army, drive a car, etc

Of course not everyone is armed. I agree with your post. It’s what makes this such a delicate subject. No one on here wants any more dead kids. 

3 minutes ago, BEARCPA said:

Interesting. Hopefully the DPS disciplines Sgt. Estrada for "confirming" those false reports.

I've seen plenty of law enforcement spokesmen say things like "we will not comment on the specifics of today's events until our investigation is concluded" at press conferences that follow shootings, etc. Why do you think that wasn't the case in Uvalde?

You will have to ask law enforcement in Uvalde.

Typically not commenting has to do with hindering an investigation and the rules of evidence.

I wish that I had seen exactly what was said in the “confirmation”.  Many times they will use phrases like…. the information we have at this time….. what we have been told by witnesses…… 

1 hour ago, Bobcat1 said:

States with the most gun related homicides 

Louisiana - R

Mississippi - R 

Alabama - R 

Missouri - R 

Maryland - R

South Carolina - R 

Tennessee - R 

Illinois - D 

Kinda busy at work right now as too work for a living. I dig into your little article to fit your narrative later but this is from your own article that you posted.

While many factors may impact why one state has a higher homicide rate than another, it’s hard to deny that gun violence in America needs to be addressed.

Louisiana - R

Mississippi - R 

Alabama - R 

Missouri - R 

Maryland - R

South Carolina - R 

Tennessee - R 

Illinois - D 

Kinda busy at work right now as I too work for a living. I’ll dig into your little article to fit your narrative later but this is from your own article that you posted.

“While many factors may impact why one state has a higher homicide rate than another, it’s hard to deny that gun violence in America needs to be addressed.”

Louisiana - R

Mississippi - R 

Alabama - R 

Missouri - R 

Maryland - R

South Carolina - R 

Tennessee - R 

Illinois - D 

Kinda busy at work right now as I too work for a living. I’ll dig into your little article to fit your narrative later but this is from your own article that you posted.

“While many factors may impact why one state has a higher homicide rate than another, it’s hard to deny that gun violence in America needs to be addressed.”