2022 Willie Ray Smith Award Finalists - Winners Announced

11 hours ago, DLivingston said:

Only O-line guy I can remember was way back in 2003, Jorrie Adams from Jasper was an offensive finalist.  I think Red Bryant won the defensive award that year also. Jasper was stout that year.

Jorrie might not have won the Willie Ray, but he was Gatorade Player of the Year for 4A that year.

On 4/7/2022 at 12:33 PM, BADSANTA said:

Cardinalbacker what's funny? 1200 yards 17tds and 60 rec as a sophomore?? He was allstate as well. 

What he's probably laughing at is the perception that Silsbee fans just seem to think that Silsbee kids are shafted in every single accolade in the history of sport.  Always should've had more on this team or more for that team.  They can't fill every award with solely Silsbee kids.

Calm down.. the kid's a sophomore?  He'll have his time. I swear you guys are like the HD fans of individual awards.

4 hours ago, KF89 said:

Miller & Smith are legit top state players & 2 of the best in SETX history. Them not being on the finalist list is head scratching....

Oh, boy!  I remember a few years ago when a particular long-haired white coach's kid (Junior) from Silsbee was hailed as "one of the best receivers to ever come out of Southeast Texas."  I wont say his name because Aggie will instantly delete the post, but the named rhymed with "Bolton Lackey."

You sound exactly the same.  The fact that most of us have no idea who you're even talking about means that "Miller & Smith" aren't all that you think that they are. 

On 4/7/2022 at 12:33 PM, BADSANTA said:

Cardinalbacker what's funny? 1200 yards 17tds and 60 rec as a sophomore?? He was allstate as well. 

They play a weak schedule in a weak district and got smacked in the first round.  

And if you could point out his all-state accolade, I'd appreciate it.  I literally can't find it.  

This is the hidden content, please

Every year you can count on Silsbee fans showing up and crapping on the kids who did get selected because "whoever the 8 best kids on Silsbee's trash squad" didn't sweep the nomination spots for the WRS.

9 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

They play a weak schedule in a weak district and got smacked in the first round.  

And if you could point out his all-state accolade, I'd appreciate it.  I literally can't find it.  

Every year you can count on Silsbee fans showing up and crapping on the kids who did get selected because "whoever the 8 best kids on Silsbee's trash squad" didn't sweep the nomination spots for the WRS.

Big words coming from a powerhouse football program like bridge chity

22 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Oh, boy!  I remember a few years ago when a particular long-haired white coach's kid (Junior) from Silsbee was hailed as "one of the best receivers to ever come out of Southeast Texas."  I wont say his name because Aggie will instantly delete the post, but the named rhymed with "Bolton Lackey."

You sound exactly the same.  The fact that most of us have no idea who you're even talking about means that "Miller & Smith" aren't all that you think that they are. 

He was a good receiver though. Good BBall player too. 

25 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

He roasted who was on the schedule😂😂😂😂😂😂😂. See the thing about you and Bridge City is that you guys haven't done much in any sport in what 10-15 years. Its like you guys are just running around and exercising on the field can court. Getting in shape to lose by 50pts. I would have respect for your comment but outside of the young lady who won state in track whos dad is from Silsbee, BC has only been competitive in sleeping with each others siblings. 

30 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Every year you sit up in those stands in Bridge City know there is little to no chance of winning. Its like you waste a good Friday night stuffing you face in Nachos, luke warm Pepsi, and cold popcorn. You would be better off saving your $10 and just coming over to a Silsbee game. Silsbee, WOS, and Jasper have been the most consistent football 4A programs in the area. Bridge City im sure plays in 10 Homecoming games a year. You tried the triple option and it worked out once vs Silsbee 6 years ago. Outside of that, uses practices and pride boosting Friday night loses by 20. 

2 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

What he's probably laughing at is the perception that Silsbee fans just seem to think that Silsbee kids are shafted in every single accolade in the history of sport.  Always should've had more on this team or more for that team.  They can't fill every award with solely Silsbee kids.

Calm down.. the kid's a sophomore?  He'll have his time. I swear you guys are like the HD fans of individual awards.

Hey I just said he should gotten a mention. Im sure other fans would feel the same about their kids. 

4 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

The only facts are that Miller & Smith were 2 of the top players in setx football. If you have seen them play & disagree then cool but I promise you are in a small minority. 

18 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Every year you can count on Silsbee fans showing up and crapping on the kids who did get selected because "whoever the 8 best kids on Silsbee's trash squad" didn't sweep the nomination spots for 

Check out this link: www.news-journal.com/tncms/asset/editorial/4852dfbc-8aaa-11ec-9359-7be8de5e09c5

18 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Texas Sports writers 4a all state, and Padilla all state 

• Bobcat1 changed the title to 2022 Willie Ray Smith Award Finalists - Winners Announced