Lcm is getting turf field!!!

lcm93

On 3/16/2022 at 7:06 PM, navydawg31 said:

Good for LCM, I wonder if Silsbee will ever get turf. 

It blows my mind that Silsbee doesn’t have turf. I mean seriously why in the world don’t they have it? That’s a nice stadium, but the fact that it doesn’t have turf makes it not so nice. 

On 3/17/2022 at 11:13 AM, BEARCPA said:

Bingo. Jealousy may play a small part in it, but from what I've seen the issue is mainly people with antiquated views on everything, including improvements to their school district. "We didn't have turf fields back when I played, so why do kids these days need it?" Sadly there are a lot of folks like this in SETX, and the high school athletic facilities around here mostly reflect that way of thinking.

Your "what we have is good enough" point is great, because people will say that in regard to local high school athletic facilities, then they will turn around and complain when our football teams get knocked out of the playoffs early (except for WOS and Newton usually) by schools with much better facilities. Top-notch athletic facilities certainly won't guarantee playoff success, but it definitely helps programs get going in the right direction. 

+1,000

7 hours ago, Uncle Pig said:

It blows my mind that Silsbee doesn’t have turf. I mean seriously why in the world don’t they have it? That’s a nice stadium, but the fact that it doesn’t have turf makes it not so nice. 

I agree, it should already have turf. Was in the works a few years ago but donor died and the people over the estate decided against giving the money.

There will be turf in the next 2 years.

On 3/17/2022 at 1:30 PM, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

There making the home side on the visitors side. Im assuming the bleachers will be done by Football time. 

Post 2022 season... New press box and expanding the visitor's side to become the home stands. Also moving the existing softball field and creating parking on the West end of the stadium for the home team. I for one would throw some RGB lighting in to display the home team colors. 

Now the Bears will look like a Cadillac.... Just don't play like a Ford. 

5 hours ago, P-Hot-N-Shot-G said:

Post 2022 season... New press box and expanding the visitor's side to become the home stands. Also moving the existing softball field and creating parking on the West end of the stadium for the home team. I for one would throw some RGB lighting in to display the home team colors. 

Now the Bears will look like a Cadillac.... Just don't play like a Ford. 

In terms of high performance in today's world's ford is at the top. Might need to reterm what you just said lol 

On 3/20/2022 at 8:55 AM, AggiesAreWe said:

I agree, it should already have turf. Was in the works a few years ago but donor died and the people over the estate decided against giving the money.

There will be turf in the next 2 years.

keep fingers crossed, but coming sooner than you think

12 hours ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

As soon as the last school gets turf then natural grass will start being hip

Its already getting that way in the NFL with all the studies coming out saying that lower-body injuries (mostly knee) are a lot more common on the artificial surfaces. I know the Ravens switched from field turf to grass about 5 years ago.  

Durability

The Ravens have 8ish home games a year!! That is with a full time grounds crew.

LCM field has

5 varsity games, 5 JV games, 5 freshman, 5 8th grade, 5 7th grade, I'm guessing about 20 soccer games. Not to mention practices and Track meets, field days, grad ceremonies, and other events with on field use.