WEST ORANGE-STARK 2022

WOSdrummer99

• 1 month later...

Well this just about finishes up a what could've been season. So close in so many games vs quality teams.

This is the hidden content, please

"As a staff, we also realize we’ve got to do things better, too. I totally understand, going 5-6 at West Orange-Stark is just not acceptable. Our plan is to change that and get back to where the Mustangs belong.”

I’m assuming that for any coach at WOS , it must be the place to be for “job security.” For example… Football had a disappointing season with lots of chatter about a needed change and yet he gets to stay on. I get it , he’s only been the guy one year. I’m sure with all the talent WOS has, they will get that winning mentality back. However , look at the WOS baseball team. Am I right that they didn’t win one single game last year and only two or three games the season before and yet no changes with that either. One can argue that the talent in baseball is not there, but not to win a single game last season and get to keep a job after not really being competitive the year before. It just seems a little off on the mentality “only the strong survive”  that WOS has always competed with. Either way, pulling for WOS to get it going in the right direction. 

10 minutes ago, Gametime5 said:

I’m assuming that for any coach at WOS , it must be the place to be for “job security.” For example… Football had a disappointing season with lots of chatter about a needed change and yet he gets to stay on. I get it , he’s only been the guy one year. I’m sure with all the talent WOS has, they will get that winning mentality back. However , look at the WOS baseball team. Am I right that they didn’t win one single game last year and only two or three games the season before and yet no changes with that either. One can argue that the talent in baseball is not there, but not to win a single game last season and get to keep a job after not really being competitive the year before. It just seems a little off on the mentality “only the strong survive”  that WOS has always competed with. Either way, pulling for WOS to get it going in the right direction. 

Baseball coach has completed 4 years and I think maybe has 7-8 wins…Not sure how anyone keeps a job like that?

13 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Well this just about finishes up a what could've been season. So close in so many games vs quality teams.

This is the hidden content, please

"As a staff, we also realize we’ve got to do things better, too. I totally understand, going 5-6 at West Orange-Stark is just not acceptable. Our plan is to change that and get back to where the Mustangs belong.”

What are they going to change? Change back to the 5-0 defense? Change back to more intense practices? 
change back to more discipline football?

they should have never got away from these things to start with. 

2 hours ago, Gametime5 said:

Go look in the volleyball topics. 0-18 for our 2nd year coach. No, we don't need athletic scholarships for volleyball when we have a cosmetology "salon" now open to the public. Rotfl

Don't see basketball being much better either. A decline across all sports. Even the ones that were already bad.

But to step away from the traditions that gave us names like kj miller... still ballin. Was ridiculous. No1 is coming to our new VIP press box area to watch us if we continue this path. At least not D1 scouts. Lamar people already questioning the quality of players coming out of WOS now. 

Empowering Lives Through Excellence Everyday

^ Our district motto? ^

14 hours ago, marshman said:

What are they going to change? Change back to the 5-0 defense? Change back to more intense practices? 
change back to more discipline football?

they should have never got away from these things to start with. 

He want do it.his pride want let him. But, he was quick to say that he played a bunch of sophomore.didnt everyone do the same thing?? Or the coaching staff started late.im sorry if that was the case why let ppl who don't kno these kids change everything.i truly believe that reality sink in and they will see that they don't kno what they're doing.

22 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Question for others who have seen more coaching changes at their schools.

Is it common to have new Coordinators start during the Summer at 2 a days? Or do they  typically come in sooner? Like sometime in the 2nd semester.

I would generally say sooner. But not always. It just depends. It can honestly go either way. 

22 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Is it common to have new Coordinators start during the Summer at 2 a days? Or do they  typically come in sooner? Like sometime in the 2nd semester.

From what I’ve experienced, a majority of the time, they finish out the school year, and their contract at their current school.

If the schools are close in proximity, and the incoming coaches are done coaching a 2nd sport, they will come over to their new school after the school day.

29 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Don’t know about the DC but Trahan was here in the spring,seen him and Hick at a baseball game.

16 minutes ago, MackLewis said:

From what I’ve experienced, a majority of the time, they finish out the school year, and their contract at their current school.

If the schools are close in proximity, and the incoming coaches are done coaching a 2nd sport, they will come over to their new school after the school day.

Exactly. 

On 11/19/2022 at 5:16 PM, wo-s#1 said:

Don’t know about the DC but Trahan was here in the spring,seen him and Hick at a baseball game.

He was there.just excuses he wanted to use.and to make matters worse I had thr pleasure of talking to one of the kids that left with his dad.and, some of things that were brought up.unreal !! One thing I do know is with this current staff want ever play for a state championship. All we will have forward to is reading CT book when it comes out.no matter who they play that team has a shot if they just do the basic things.