Barbay leaving Jasper

AggiesAreWe

8 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

I think he will be a better fit at Jasper then at WOS. He also will have some motivation to beat the mustangs 

He'll have more to work with in Jasper than he has had anywhere else as a HC. I just need him to show me he can win and I'll be fine. We don't to start cycling through coaches again. I know Barbay was there for ten years, but it was a mess before that. 

12 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

I think he will be a better fit at Jasper then at WOS. He also will have some motivation to beat the mustangs 

I have a wait and see approach to the situation at WOS right now. I wonder why they really passed on Foreman when he was the people's choice down there.

1 minute ago, wo-s#1 said:

Is there a list of the finalists?

I haven't seen one. This Foreman stuff might not even be true. I just want someone with a track record that will get the most out of those kids. Jasper deserves a contender and we've always had the kids to do that, but they need to be well coached. They have a gem of a DC in Bronson, but the offense needs to be retooled and in the weight room. Physicality was badly lacking last season on that side of the ball. 

6 minutes ago, Bulldogs92 said:

I haven't seen one. This Foreman stuff might not even be true. I just want someone with a track record that will get the most out of those kids. Jasper deserves a contender and we've always had the kids to do that, but they need to be well coached. They have a gem of a DC in Bronson, but the offense needs to be retooled and in the weight room. Physicality was badly lacking last season on that side of the ball. 

If he is the guy. Hopefully he will keep him at DC. Who knows he might bring something to table. The other HC that’s in the process that’s a no go for sure. 

6 minutes ago, Bulldogs92 said:

I hear ya and agree,Bronson should imo get the chance to run it …he’s had the defense on the climb the last few years..

25 minutes ago, wo-s#1 said:

Don’t know about the better fit part but at this point there will be some motivation involved no doubt…

I mean that as your not following hooks and Thompson. You don’t have to live up to them and their records. The guy y’all hired is  already on staff and should be  be familiar with the kids. 

1 hour ago, Bulldogs92 said:

He'll have more to work with in Jasper than he has had anywhere else as a HC. I just need him to show me he can win and I'll be fine. We don't to start cycling through coaches again. I know Barbay was there for ten years, but it was a mess before that. 

Not so sure about that. Beaumont Central had some athletes.

To hear Toby Foreman's name only makes sense. He has applied for the Jasper position more than once in the past.   Having competed against Jasper for years when he was offensive coordinator and head track &field coach at WOS.  He knows the potential in Jasper, even saying publicly he thinks Jasper is a premier job and the past tradition of Jasper track& field has always intrigued him. The late coach Lloyd Weatherspoon (former head track coach in Jasper) being one of the biggest influences of his coaching career.

alot of people forget or just don't know that Toby lead WOS to 3 straight track& field state championships 2009-2011.

a throwback article from one the times he applied to Jasper.

This is the hidden content, please

3 hours ago, Uncle Pig said:

I don’t blame you brother. Y’all woulda been better off if Barbay had hung around as compared to hiring a guy with a 42-52 record 

Tobys record is misleading because he didn't have much time to coach. The majority of his time was spent applying for jobs