Happy Snapshot Day to You and Your's

scat_trap

54 minutes ago, Matthew328 said:

HP was 6A a few years ago..its not unprecedented

Thats right, but the conspiracy theorists all over social media will never believe it, even though HP did indeed move up in the past. Its a fact they willfully ignore. 

What people also fail to understand is that HP is mostly "landlocked", and cannot grow significantly even if they wanted to.    

4 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

Wasn’t Lumberton suppose to be 5A last realignment but due to teams opt ups and down the number changed and put them down in 4AD1 and them having one of the biggest enrollments in the state at that classification? 

Yes...but that cutoff # is probably going to be even higher this time around and Lumberton didnt grow

2 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

Thats right, but the conspiracy theorists all over social media will never believe it, even though HP did indeed move up in the past. Its a fact they willfully ignore. 

What people also fail to understand is that HP is mostly "landlocked", and cannot grow significantly even if they wanted to.    

I've got every Dave Campbell since 1990  I don't recall HP being in the largest classification.  I need proof please and thank you

Found it.  2014 and 15 seasons

6 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

I mean, the Highland Park +5 thing is mostly in jest from me, but the whole landlocked and can't grow if they want to... Is literally how HP wants it to be. You think they couldn't open up and take kids from those surrounding areas if they wanted to? But... they don't want to. I could be wrong, but I believe I read a story awhile back about some apartment complexes being built next to HP and some of those students possibly being zoned for HPISD, but the city said no. 

Highland Park landlocked itself, it's literally in the middle of Dallas but wants nothing to do with the rest of the city of Dallas, especially the schooling.

3 hours ago, Bigdog said:

Allen - 7102 !

Their neighbors just to the south in Plano should turn in an enrollment around 17,000 for a three high school district. Allen's neighbors to the west just opened their 12th 5A high school in a town with the land area the size of Crosby's attendance zone. Only thing comparable to the growth in north Dallas around the state are the Kay and Cy-Fair districts. 

3 hours ago, Steven Avery said:

Hmm....Fudging the numbers like the books a few years ago? 

Probably so. I'd imagine Coach P and Coach Hurts are trying to work out a deal where we could send some kids over to our neighbors in Channelview and recount to make sure we stay D2. I heard Deer Park and La Porte are doing the same thing which is why they haven't turned in a number either.