Nederland 14 West Orange Stark 6/ Game Called in 3rd Quarter

Aggieswife

1 hour ago, ladybug33 said:

1. Who is responsible for managing the clock?  Coaches or players? Maybe I’m wrong but I believe that would be one of the coaches.

2. Who is responsible for transitioning the players on and off the field? I could be wrong, but I believe it that would be the coaches duty.

3. Should every coach in high school football know the rules about being on the field while the game is being played. I know that one for sure the coaches know better.

1. Mostly a coach, but on offense the QB shares a large burden for this too. That coach may have had some other responsibilities due to the HC being gone. Ultimately, it’s the head coaches fault for not covering that contingency. 
2. The players are as responsible as anyone for this item. Of course, the coaches need to make sure it’s happening correctly. Ultimately, it’s the head coaches fault for not covering that contingency. 
3. Yes they should, and a large majority of them (especially HC’s) know this rule. Ultimately, it’s the head coaches fault for not stressing that rule to his assistants and players. 

Your advice to the players is spot on. Note about hydration: Not just water, but Powerade, Gatorade or even Pedialite. Stay away from caffeine and alcohol (both dehydrate). That’s why I never drank beer until AFTER the game… 😇

41 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

1. Mostly a coach, but on offense the QB shares a large burden for this too. That coach may have had some other responsibilities due to the HC being gone. Ultimately, it’s the head coaches fault for not covering that contingency. 
2. The players are as responsible as anyone for this item. Of course, the coaches need to make sure it’s happening correctly. Ultimately, it’s the head coaches fault for not covering that contingency. 
3. Yes they should, and a large majority of them (especially HC’s) know this rule. Ultimately, it’s the head coaches fault for not stressing that rule to his assistants and players. 

Your advice to the players is spot on. Note about hydration: Not just water, but Powerade, Gatorade or even Pedialite. Stay away from caffeine and alcohol (both dehydrate). That’s why I never drank beer until AFTER the game… 😇

Pickle juice, which I mix with 50% Clamato (picante).  Excellent drink for replenishing your bodily fluids.  I also add a little tobasco to taste. 

4 hours ago, Majestyk said:

What I saw and heard were typical week 1 mistakes. Coach T's absence surely didn't help and the Dogs had more than a little bit to do with it. They are gonna beat some folk this season.  WOS execution was lacking but they do have some specimens and will be a handful as the season goes on.

I like to think so. But the play calling still hasn't gotten any better. When u had that 15/16 teams it made him look gud.but who couldn't call plays for those 2 yrs.dont get me wrong he is a wonderful man. But he still the worse offensive coordinator along with crouch that has called plays.never had any experience at it. The guy was a lineman and bf he told over.he was a lineman coach.not trying to be mean.just telling the truth.

And later down the line when they are winning they will be the greatest coaching staff in the world. When you down grade the whole coaching staff you are also down grading CT who is one of the best person and coach in football. He surely does not need that right now. 
You who are down grading the coaching staff should be ashamed.

Well this is my 2 cents.  First game.  Absolutely there were kinks to work for WOS.  Coach T being gone was a big issue. The kids just didn't have that focus.  They will be fine, especially the Running Dept..  Big Ned unusually good on the first game.  #8 and the defensive front had a lot to do with it.  Without the lightning delay, it may have been a little outcome.  Sheffield Prod. had a few kinks as well.  I still enjoyed it.