Nederland 14 West Orange Stark 6/ Game Called in 3rd Quarter

Aggieswife

Super impressed with the Ned secondary last night. WOS receivers were covered all night. WOS has some good RBs that run hard. It was a hard hitting game. Ned offense got hot at the right time. Ned QB is a much better runner than I expected and we already knew Fuselier was a beast. Great pass by Kendrick on the trick play! Both teams will be fine. The defenses should keep them in most games.

Playing up 2 divisions vs a good playoff team is exactly what need to prepare for district and beyond. Ned always gives us 100%. Fusilier has grown up since the last time I saw him in person. He will continue to do great things this season and I truly hope he gets the recognition and offers he deserves. 

Mustangs were lost last night. Defense failed to contain Nederlands best player. But showed slight improvement in some areas. I dont believe they were prepared well enough. I'm still waiting on an answer... "Who was running the show last night?" I actually saw arguing between 2 coaches during a TO, that led to a another delay of game penalty. Those coaches should be running stands today. Without a clear leader of staff and team, this was an embarrassment.

One of the old school guys in the stands, I know he reads this. Always down on T, blaming T for every mistake. Last night he may have realized how important the man is to the program.

20 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Playing up 2 divisions vs a good playoff team is exactly what need to prepare for district and beyond. Ned always gives us 100%. Fusilier has grown up since the last time I saw him in person. He will continue to do great things this season and I truly hope he gets the recognition and offers he deserves. 

Mustangs were lost last night. Defense failed to contain Nederlands best player. But showed slight improvement in some areas. I dont believe they were prepared well enough. I'm still waiting on an answer... "Who was running the show last night?" I actually saw arguing between 2 coaches during a TO, that led to a another delay of game penalty. Those coaches should be running stands today. Without a clear leader of staff and team, this was an embarrassment.

One of the old school guys in the stands, I know he reads this. Always down on T, blaming T for every mistake. Last night he may have realized how important the man is to the program.

Wow. I thought I was the only one who saw them arguing.lol,the funny part was u had 4 coaches walking around on headsets.who made the offensive calls and defensive calls.and no one was paying attention to down clock.even better who's in charge of the ST. Bcz they kept having to run a guy on the field.crazy.i never thought in a million yrs that our assistant thats been with T all these yrs that someone would know how to take charge.i pray we get him some help.bcz he can't coach forever.

4 hours ago, dj said:

I hope and pray ur right.but,without coach T I can't see it.no leadership from other coaches.someone should have taking the lead.at least get a play in.or at least know who is supposed to be in the game.lastnite was the best example of what CT means to this program.and I'm quit sure each coach on that staff are great men!! Just to be honest no one on that coaching staff could go anywhere and be an o/C or d/C. They're just regular assistance coaches.

Damn it's that bad? Maybe Toby can come home soon?? 

55 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Damn it's that bad? Maybe Toby can come home soon?? 

Mr.buddy Garrity it was that bad.all w.o could do was run a base defense bcz T wasn't  there.and the only adjustment the could make from time to time was walk a rover in front the #9 to give the yung corner help.but nothing else.no coach were even trying to put them where they belong.and to make matters worse maybe someone can tell me who the interim head coach was??idk. Lol, for a minute I thought we were playing sandlot.no organization at all.

Edited by dj
Missed a word

20 hours ago, GoPro said:

This WOS team is most undisciplined team I’ve seen in awhile , 5 delay of game penalty’s and countless others 

It was disappointing to watch.the biggest problem is this staff has been with T for a few yrs.and none of them has a clue on coaching.

Edited by dj
Missed a word

2 hours ago, dj said:

It was disappointing to watch.the biggest problem is this staff has been with T for a few yrs.and none of them has a clue on coaching.

You’re not very smart. I know several of those coaches very well. The ones I know have more than just a clue about coaching. 
Facts:

1. Its the first game of the season. Let’s relax before throwing the whole season in the dumpster. 
2. The head coach is gone. It’s definitely going to throw confusion into the mix. Hopefully they can work out the kinks and the confusion before next week. 
3. They were playing a good Nederland team that are also in a bigger division. It wasn’t supposed to be a cakewalk. Give Nederland their props for being good. 
4. The game was called early due to weather. If WOS had the full clock and came back to win, y’all would be touting this coaching staff as the best in the area. They lost by 1 score guys…

Most importantly. If those coaches were to blame, then that falls on Coach T for not having a contingency plan for him not being there and for not selecting and developing better coaches for his staff. I guess if you want to blame a coach, go to the top. That’s where the buck stops. I just don’t think that’s the case. 

Prayers for Coach T and his recovery. And prayers for the fans and the armchair coaches who just don’t know better. It’s not their fault either. They mean well but might be stupid.

18 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

You’re an idiot. I know several of those coaches very well. The ones I know have more than just a clue about coaching. 
Facts:

1. Its the first game of the season. Let’s relax before throwing the whole season in the dumpster. 
2. The head coach is gone. It’s definitely going to throw confusion into the mix. Hopefully they can work out the kinks and the confusion before next week. 
3. They were playing a good Nederland team that are also in a bigger division. It wasn’t supposed to be a cakewalk. Give Nederland their props for being good. 
4. The game was called early due to weather. If WOS had the full clock and came back to win, y’all would be touting this coaching staff as the best in the area. They lost by 1 score guys…

Most importantly. If those coaches were to blame, then that falls on Coach T for not having a contingency plan for him not being there and for not selecting and developing better coaches for his staff. I guess if you want to blame a coach, go to the top. That’s where the buck stops. I just don’t think that’s the case. 

Prayers for Coach T and his recovery. And prayers for the fans and the armchair coaches who just don’t know better. It’s not their fault either. They mean well but might be stupid.

I agree.We lose a game and all the negative comments come out. SMH. 

47 minutes ago, GUNHO said:

Notice most don't want to admit Ned had a lot to do with how we looked.Except for bonehead delay of game and false starts Ned pretty much handled us.

Both teams are gonna be just fine. It was a good early season game for both to play and both teams will improve because of it. Two very evenly matched teams in my opinion. The defenses for both will keep them in most games and if the offenses improve and start clicking the teams will be really good.

2 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

You’re not very smart. I know several of those coaches very well. The ones I know have more than just a clue about coaching. 
Facts:

Great post.  

3 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Facts:

I must question some of your statement regarding Coaches responsibilities. First

Who is responsible for managing the clock?  Coaches or players? Maybe I’m wrong but I believe that would be one of the coaches.

Who is responsible for transitioning the players on and off the field? I could be wrong, but I believe it that would be the coaches duty.

Should every coach in high school football know the rules about being on the field while the game is being played. I know that one for sure the coaches know better.

Players

These were some obstacles that affected the game against Nederland that players need to get better at.

Players should hydrate a few days before the game. Fellows drink your water!

Fellows know your assignment! It’s early I believe this is an easy fix.

Fellows listen to your coaches!

Fellows Focus for 4 quarters.

That’s all!