Splendora at Vidor

Realville

59 minutes ago, Self High 5 said:

I saw on maxpreps where Vidor played Vinton and lost 6-0. Is this true? I didn't even hear about the game.

52 minutes ago, Self High 5 said:

Lol ok! You're right because if there was a game I know I would have heard about it. Thought maybe it could have been a scrimmage.

No it was Vidor JV at Vinton Varsity, I guess they shut us out 6-0. I’m assuming our Varsitry would have beat them 60-0.

Splendora (2-3) beat the crap out of Shepherd (1-4) 52-0

Looking at the highlights Shepherd looks horrible, their defense allowed multiple long untouched touchdown runs. 

Splendora likes to line up in shotgun and spread it out. They throw underneath a lot, hit screen passes or run draw plays. I think this is going to be a big game for the Vidor defensive front and the secondary may get a chance to get their hands on the ball this week.

What I didn’t get to see in the highlights was the Splendora defense. They got the shutout against Shepherd but I don’t know if they will be able to stop the Pirates run game.

Vidor by 2 scores 28-14

4 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Splendora (2-3) beat the crap out of Shepherd (1-4) 52-0

Looking at the highlights Shepherd looks horrible, their defense allowed multiple long untouched touchdown runs. 

Splendora likes to line up in shotgun and spread it out. They throw underneath a lot, hit screen passes or run draw plays. I think this is going to be a big game for the Vidor defensive front and the secondary may get a chance to get their hands on the ball this week.

What I didn’t get to see in the highlights was the Splendora defense. They got the shutout against Shepherd but I don’t know if they will be able to stop the Pirates run game.

Vidor by 2 scores 28-14

Shepherd is pretty down this year!

Splendora is pretty soft up front on D-line from what I have seen this year.  I have watched on film or been to 3 of their 5 games and the linebackers have Dline pushed back into them a lot. The back end guys do not like to come make hits so Vidor should be able to run at Will this week. Offensively they aren’t very good up front but I hear they have a decent center.  I will put my $ on big boy 55 for the pirates to wear him out all night.  It looks like #22 for them can run the ball well and off box scores I have seen has about 850 yards through 5 games but he will have under 50 against the pirate defense.  Prediction
Vidor on Homecoming Night-42

Splendora-24

4 hours ago, livefor2day said:

Shepherd is pretty down this year!

Splendora is pretty soft up front on D-line from what I have seen this year.  I have watched on film or been to 3 of their 5 games and the linebackers have Dline pushed back into them a lot. The back end guys do not like to come make hits so Vidor should be able to run at Will this week. Offensively they aren’t very good up front but I hear they have a decent center.  I will put my $ on big boy 55 for the pirates to wear him out all night.  It looks like #22 for them can run the ball well and off box scores I have seen has about 850 yards through 5 games but he will have under 50 against the pirate defense.  Prediction
Vidor on Homecoming Night-42

Splendora-24

I think Vidor takes this one but I will be really surprised if they can hold 22 under 50 yards. He’s just a junior but it’s his third year on varsity. The kid can ball.

38 minutes ago, Lightning/Eagle said:

I think Vidor takes this one but I will be really surprised if they can hold 22 under 50 yards. He’s just a junior but it’s his third year on varsity. The kid can ball.

They should be able to hold him under 100 yards if all they run is draw plays out of the shotgun. Power runs or wildcat works best against Vidor. I think he will have a decent day but if you try to be cute the Pirates front will eat you up. Keep an eye out for the Vidor QB he’s been chewing up yardage on the ground this season. I wouldn’t be surprised if he has more yards rushing than the Splendora RB does in this matchup. 

The only thing that worries me about this game is remembering the way Santa Fe came into Vidor as an underdog a couple of years ago and beat us on Homecoming. They used a precise, quick hit, short yardage passing attack to move the ball on us all night. Hopefully we are much improved with this team in the areas of coverage and pass pressure but we have yet to face a good passing attack this year. We will see what kind of challenges Splendora brings, it should be an interesting matchup of two completely different styles.

40 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

The only thing that worries me about this game is remembering the way Santa Fe came into Vidor as an underdog a couple of years ago and beat us on Homecoming. They used a precise, quick hit, short yardage passing attack to move the ball on us all night. Hopefully we are much improved with this team in the areas of coverage and pass pressure but we have yet to face a good passing attack this year. We will see what kind of challenges Splendora brings, it should be an interesting matchup of two completely different styles.

From what I’ve read, what Santa Fe did sounds just like what Splendora does.   I would like to see Vidor take control of a game so the fans could relax and enjoy an easy victory for a change.  😄