Black National Anthem?

baddog

PAMFAN10,

We might have different political opinions but I think that's what makes this country great. You state your opinion and you allow others to state theirs...and that's what this forum should be about. Let's face it, we're all grown...and nothing we hear on this forum is going to convert anyone. No matter what color we are, we're all Americans. I dont think using this place to post nonsensense and half-stories just to anger people for entertainment is doing anybody any good. I may disagree on some things with you but I will always be respectful when it is reciprocated, as you have shown...and I know most folks will agree with that

14 minutes ago, RedJollyRoger said:

PAMFAN10,

We might have different political opinions but I think that's what makes this country great. You state your opinion and you allow others to state theirs...and that's what this forum should be about. Let's face it, we're all grown...and nothing we hear on this forum is going to convert anyone. No matter what color we are, we're all Americans. I dont think using this place to post nonsensense and half-stories just to anger people for entertainment is doing anybody any good. I may disagree on some things with you but I will always be respectful when it is reciprocated, as you have shown...and I know most folks will agree with that

You know, I agree with you, but at the same time I disagree. 

About the only problem that I have with PamFam is that his pride won’t allow him to admit that there’s a violence problem in the black community.... which is pretty typical of the black community and BLM. 

Until the black community acknowledges that black violence is out of control, they’ll never be able to fix it. 
The man can cry about the Star Spangled Banner not being “their” anthem and otherwise complain about getting historically screwed by the “systemic” and “institutional” (both code words for “we can’t prove it”) racism, and I’m certain that if we’d just allow them, most blacks would buy one-way tickets out of here.  

EXCEPT NOBODY EVER DOES BECAUSE IN SPITE OF THE NONSTOP COMPLAINING, NO BLACK PERSON EVER LEAVES BECAUSE THIS IS THE BEST NATION ON THE PLANET IN WHICH TO BE BLACK. 

Fact. 

40 minutes ago, RedJollyRoger said:

PAMFAN10,

I agree. I think he’s a smart kid too.

2 hours ago, NetCat said:

So what you're saying is anything done during slavery is not for all Americans? And insulting? 

So....

Anything in the constitution prior to the end of the Civil War needs to be thrown out? 

You can't believe that needs to happen, but that is what you are preaching. 

I am preaching the truth. The constitution the star spangled banner I don’t care for none of it. It’s hypocritical all of it. Truth is truth like how could someone write the preamble in a slave driven society. How can that be possible. The constitution? the founders didn’t even Take it serious obviously. I’m American I love America. But the truth will remain the truth. 

Slave-driven society???  Are you aware that every single culture in the world, at some point in history were subjected to slavery? 30% of all Native African slaves were brought to the United states... 85% were sold by African tribal leaders of opposing tribes...Black freedmen owned 13% of these slaves in 1830... So, where to now? Why are blacks the only race that feel victimized in the modern era? Why do people feel they can't be accountable for their position in life? I however, need to run so I can go cash in on my white privilege for 12 hrs tomorrow.

9 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

I am preaching the truth. The constitution the star spangled banner I don’t care for none of it. It’s hypocritical all of it. Truth is truth like how could someone write the preamble in a slave driven society. How can that be possible. The constitution? the founders didn’t even Take it serious obviously. I’m American I love America. But the truth will remain the truth. 

You cannot "love America" but hate the constitution. We cannot be America without the constitution, it's wrapped up in the fiber of what being an American is. 

Our constitution is what allowed people to challenge and ultimately overcome slavery.

Without the constitution the decision (slavery or no slavery) is left in the hands of the people with money...what do you think they do?

The constitution defends OUR freedoms as Americans. 

10 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”

And you say throw this out???

What do you think will happen if we get rid of our individual rights and freedoms???

18 hours ago, baddog said:

Will the players stand for the black anthem and then kneel for the “white” one?

I wondered the same thing and the answer is ABSOLUTELY YES! I WILL NOT watch the NFL week 1 and possibly not all season. 

Maybe I am wrong, but if the black people are trying to bring light to, and end the racism that they see and feel, isn’t playing a Black National Anthem creating more division? 

35 minutes ago, Let’sGetAlong said:

I wondered the same thing and the answer is ABSOLUTELY YES! I WILL NOT watch the NFL week 1 and possibly not all season. 

Maybe I am wrong, but if the black people are trying to bring light to, and end the racism that they see and feel, isn’t playing a Black National Anthem creating more division? 

Of course it is, but try explaining that to a black person.

10 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

Lol. Things didn’t start to grow here until after slavery was abolished. It’s proven that slavery as an institution is an archaic and inefficient means of production. 

The only places that still still have slavery in 2020 are the most backwards third-world countries. 

To be quite honest, slavery has as much to do with what we’ve accomplished as steam trains, oxen, and mules.  

“This iPhone X I’m holding is the result of slavery that existed 155 years ago.”

Now, if you’d like to thank the slave owners for the animal husbandry programs that yielded the genetics that have led to the success of black athletes, I’m okay with that.  In fact, I believe that all black athletes should be taxed and those taxes should be paid as reparations to the descendants of lawful American slaveowners whose slaves were stripped from them through no fault of their own. 

THAT, my friends, is equally as ignorant as any argument made by BLM.  

5 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Lol. Things didn’t start to grow here until after slavery was abolished. It’s proven that slavery as an institution is an archaic and inefficient means of production. 

The only places that still still have slavery in 2020 are the most backwards third-world countries. 

To be quite honest, slavery has as much to do with what we’ve accomplished as steam trains, oxen, and mules.  

“This iPhone X I’m holding is the result of slavery that existed 155 years ago.”

Now, if you’d like to thank the slave owners for the animal husbandry programs that yielded the genetics that have led to the success of black athletes, I’m okay with that.  In fact, I believe that all black athletes should be taxed and those taxes should be paid as reparations to the descendants of lawful American slaveowners whose slaves were stripped from them through no fault of their own. 

THAT, my friends, is equally as ignorant as any argument made by BLM.  

i agree.

ALL blacks should stop playing sports. their genetics are direct result from slavery and now the white people are just USING them for entertainment............  what are you willing to bet that don't happen.

Will the Hispanics start clamoring for a Mexican Anthem, Native Americans for an Indian Anthem,the Muslims for an Islamic Anthem,  you catch my drift.  When will all the stupid 💩 stop?  Probably never, it’s been 150 years since slavery ended, but somehow this keeps the black man down.  

9 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

Will the Hispanics start clamoring for a Mexican Anthem, Native Americans for an Indian Anthem,the Muslims for an Islamic Anthem,  you catch my drift.  When will all the stupid 💩 stop?  Probably never, it’s been 150 years since slavery ended, but somehow this keeps the black man down.  

because the DEMS have conditioned them to play the victim.  

ALWAYS the victim blaming others for their failures

you don't hear successful people no matter what color blaming others for their set backs.  

3 hours ago, NetCat said:

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”

And you say throw this out???

What do you think will happen if we get rid of our individual rights and freedoms???

Were they not aware of the millions they had not receiving this freedom?? Did they free slaves after this meeting?? Sounds like a bunch of lies on a paper to me.

3 hours ago, NetCat said:

You cannot "love America" but hate the constitution. We cannot be America without the constitution, it's wrapped up in the fiber of what being an American is. 

Our constitution is what allowed people to challenge and ultimately overcome slavery.

Without the constitution the decision (slavery or no slavery) is left in the hands of the people with money...what do you think they do?

The constitution defends OUR freedoms as Americans. 

Well I’m telling you I love America. And care less for the constitution and the men who wrote it.

4 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

We’re they not aware of the millions they had not receiving this freedom?? Did they free slaves after this meeting?? Sounds like a bunch of lies on a paper to me.

If you go back and study, some of the founding fathers were opposed to slavery... it’s an issue that they conceded on so that the colonies could unite and break free from England. 
The issue remained a polarizing one that led up to the Civil War. 

Did you know that slavery was still legal in the England at the time of the American Revolution? It was partially outlawed in 1807 and formally abolished by the Slavery Abolition Act of 1833? 

America is no different than any other modern nation. There’s a history of slavery everywhere. 

In 2020, you’re mad that America was doing something in 1776 that pretty much every other country in the world was doing at the same freaking time. 

8 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

If you go back and study, some of the founding fathers were opposed to slavery... it’s an issue that they conceded on so that the colonies could unite and break free from England. 
The issue remained a polarizing one that led up to the Civil War. 

Did you know that slavery was still legal in the England at the time of the American Revolution? It was partially outlawed in 1807 and formally abolished by the Slavery Abolition Act of 1833? 

America is no different than any other modern nation. There’s a history of slavery everywhere. 

In 2020, you’re mad that America was doing something in 1776 that pretty much every other country in the world was doing at the same freaking time. 

You like to say I said things that I never said. I never said I was angry at America in anyway. I’m saying the men who wrote the constitution were aware that a decent size of the population were not going to receive the freedoms they boldly and proudly spoke on and written down. You can spin that fact however you please. They knew all men were not created equal in America. Give me liberty or give me death (unless your black) the preamble the constitution the star spangled banner. It’s all lies misleading false. Facts have to remain facts.

9 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

You like to say I said things that I never said. I never said I was angry at America in anyway. I’m saying the men who wrote the constitution were aware that a decent size of the population were not going to receive the freedoms they boldly and proudly spoke on and written down. You can spin that fact however you please. They knew all men were not created equal in America. Give me liberty or give me death (unless your black) the preamble the constitution the star spangled banner. It’s all lies misleading false. Facts have to remain facts.

I understand that you’re upset... but you realize that women weren’t even allowed to vote either, right?

Here’s the thing... we can ALL agree that slavery is morally wrong. But that wasn’t the case 400 years ago. As a group all of our ancestors came kicking and screaming into what we have today. From legalized slavery to a civil war to end it, then all of the way up through the right to vote and full civil rights in 1964. 
Kids should learn about the struggle and the process that got us to where we are today. 

The problem that I see it is that now we have a group of people (and I think you’re a member) who dismiss all that has been fought for and accomplished because they’d rather be offended by the way things were hundreds of years ago. 

I don’t know.... maybe you feel that if you cry big enough tears and wail loudly enough, you’ll get some money.... that’s about the only logical reason for your misplaced anger. Your ancestors fought to be recognized as part of the “men” in that document that you crap on.
That’s just ungrateful. 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

I understand that you’re upset... but you realize that women weren’t even allowed to vote either, right?

Here’s the thing... we can ALL agree that slavery is morally wrong. But that wasn’t the case 400 years ago. As a group all of our ancestors came kicking and screaming into what we have today. From legalized slavery to a civil war to end it, then all of the way up through the right to vote and full civil rights in 1964. 
Kids should learn about the struggle and the process that got us to where we are today. 

The problem that I see it is that now we have a group of people (and I think you’re a member) who dismiss all that has been fought for and accomplished because they’d rather be offended by the way things were hundreds of years ago. 

I don’t know.... maybe you feel that if you cry big enough tears and wail loudly enough, you’ll get some money.... that’s about the only logical reason for your misplaced anger. Your ancestors fought to be recognized as part of the “men” in that document that you crap on.
That’s just ungrateful. 

I promise you me and you live in two different realities. It’s like talking to a tree you love to tell me how I feel on situations rather than just asking you love to group me in groups etc etc. no matter what you spin what I said are facts.  founding fathers where murdering slave owning colonists who surely have been burning in hell.

15 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

You know, I agree with you, but at the same time I disagree. 

About the only problem that I have with PamFam is that his pride won’t allow him to admit that there’s a violence problem in the black community.... which is pretty typical of the black community and BLM. 

Until the black community acknowledges that black violence is out of control, they’ll never be able to fix it. 
The man can cry about the Star Spangled Banner not being “their” anthem and otherwise complain about getting historically screwed by the “systemic” and “institutional” (both code words for “we can’t prove it”) racism, and I’m certain that if we’d just allow them, most blacks would buy one-way tickets out of here.  

EXCEPT NOBODY EVER DOES BECAUSE IN SPITE OF THE NONSTOP COMPLAINING, NO BLACK PERSON EVER LEAVES BECAUSE THIS IS THE BEST NATION ON THE PLANET IN WHICH TO BE BLACK. 

Fact. 

While watching CBS News yesterday, they had a clip on how immigrants who are becoming citizens were sworn in one at a time in their cars.   Everyone who was sworn in was black, except for one from India.   Curious that so many blacks in America think it’s racist, but so many blacks outside can’t wait to get in.  

Saw a meme yesterday.   Showed a pretty little Japanese girl of about 3 sitting on the beach.  On top it said:

SHE OWES US AN APOLOGY, and immediately underneath, FOR PEARL HARBOR!

Then under that:

At first I looked at this and said, What?   But this is a great point.  It’s RIDICULOUS to blame anyone alive today for slavery, stolen land from the 1800’s, or any other crime from hundreds of years ago.   IT’S JUST PLAIN STUPID.

No offense to anyone, but that’s the truth.   Only slave owners that I know of today, are in Northern Africa and a few other Muslim countries.  Be mad at them, I am.

2 hours ago, Hagar said:

Saw a meme yesterday.   Showed a pretty little Japanese girl of about 3 sitting on the beach.  On top it said:

SHE OWES US AN APOLOGY, and immediately underneath, FOR PEARL HARBOR!

Then under that:

At first I looked at this and said, What?   But this is a great point.  It’s RIDICULOUS to blame anyone alive today for slavery, stolen land from the 1800’s, or any other crime from hundreds of years ago.   IT’S JUST PLAIN STUPID.

No offense to anyone, but that’s the truth.   Only slave owners that I know of today, are in Northern Africa and a few other Muslim countries.  Be mad at them, I am.

......but......but....Obama apologized to the Japs for nuking them. 

I’m sick of talking and hearing about slavery. My boss is black and we get along fine. So where is my white privilege? It’s all a crock.

2 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

I promise you me and you live in two different realities. It’s like talking to a tree you love to tell me how I feel on situations rather than just asking you love to group me in groups etc etc. no matter what you spin what I said are facts.  founding fathers where murdering slave owning colonists who surely have been burning in hell.

Leviticus Chapter 25 

44 Both thy bondmen, and thy bondmaids, which thou shalt have, shall be of the heathen that are round about you; of them shall ye buy bondmen and bondmaids.

45 Moreover of the children of the strangers that do sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy, and of their families that are with you, which they begat in your land: and they shall be your possession.

46 And ye shall take them as an inheritance for your children after you, to inherit them for a possession; they shall be your bondmen for ever: but over your brethren the children of Israel, ye shall not rule one over another with rigour.

That is in the Old Testament.... as I understand it, God speaking to Moses about slavery. Jesus even spoke on how to treat your slaves. I guess all of them are burning in hell, too, huh?

I’m so glad that as a society we all pretty much condemn slavery in our modern time. It’s too bad that some of us would rather dwell on the past. That issue (slavery) was settled here in the US about 100 years before you were born. You see, the way that works is that when the issue is settled, it’s settled. We aren’t still punishing the Germans for what they did 75 years ago. It’s done. The Jews aren’t out raising hell that the Germans all somehow owe modern Jews compensation for the Holocaust. 
But people like you can’t let it go. It’s insane.