Black National Anthem?

baddog

2 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Leviticus Chapter 25 

44 Both thy bondmen, and thy bondmaids, which thou shalt have, shall be of the heathen that are round about you; of them shall ye buy bondmen and bondmaids.

45 Moreover of the children of the strangers that do sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy, and of their families that are with you, which they begat in your land: and they shall be your possession.

46 And ye shall take them as an inheritance for your children after you, to inherit them for a possession; they shall be your bondmen for ever: but over your brethren the children of Israel, ye shall not rule one over another with rigour.

That is in the Old Testament.... as I understand it, God speaking to Moses about slavery. Jesus even spoke on how to treat your slaves. I guess all of them are burning in hell, too, huh?

I’m so glad that as a society we all pretty much condemn slavery in our modern time. It’s too bad that some of us would rather dwell on the past. That issue (slavery) was settled here in the US about 100 years before you were born. You see, the way that works is that when the issue is settled, it’s settled. We aren’t still punishing the Germans for what they did 75 years ago. It’s done. The Jews aren’t out raising hell that the Germans all somehow owe modern Jews compensation for the Holocaust. 
But people like you can’t let it go. It’s insane.  

You need help . You just don’t see it. At first I thought you was trolling but I see this is true thought. We are two far apart so no point and beating a dead horse. I agree to disagree. 

5 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

You need help . You just don’t see it. At first I thought you was trolling but I see this is true thought. We are two far apart so no point and beating a dead horse. I agree to disagree. 

I’d like to understand. 

What is it about slavery that makes people that didn’t experience it unable to forgive? 

The title of the song is Lift Every Voice and Sing.  Some refer to it as the Negro National Anthem.  anybody can sing it.  I love singing it in church.  I hate seeing it smeared in a place like this.  But so be it.  

I still respect the national anthem.  Although the 2nd and 3rd stanzas are blatantly racist.    I just sing along with the first stanza and let that be it.

34 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

The title of the song is Lift Every Voice and Sing.  Some refer to it as the Negro National Anthem.  anybody can sing it.  I love singing it in church.  I hate seeing it smeared in a place like this.  But so be it.  

I still respect the national anthem.  Although the 2nd and 3rd stanzas are blatantly racist.    I just sing along with the first stanza and let that be it.

Do you know anyone that knows the words to the rest? Or sings more than the first? 

Heck I'd be surprised if half the people on this site knew there was more than the first part. 

As far as I know, in the last 100 years, it's only been the first part that's ever been sung. 

39 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

I don't think anyone is smearing the song...but I could be wrong. 

47 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

The song is not being smeared.

1 hour ago, Kountzer said:

One can find racism everywhere if that’s what you are looking for.  It’s a shame there is a segment of society that believe if one is white, they are racist.  That is why this will never go away, there is a new generation already being led to believe this.  Maybe the racist ideals are being taught at home.

29 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

One can find racism everywhere if that’s what you are looking for.  It’s a shame there is a segment of society that believe if one is white, they are racist.  That is why this will never go away, there is a new generation already being led to believe this.  Maybe the racist ideals are being taught at home.

"Their blood has wash'd out their foul footstep's pollution. No refuge could save the hireling and slave

From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave,"

Francis Scott Key was a rich Southern plantation owner, slave owner.  He was friends with president Andrew Jackson, another rich Southern slave owner.  Key was often in Jackson's ear, making sure that slavery stayed the law of the land.   Key's bro in law was Chief Justice Taney author of the odious dread Scott decision.

3rd stanza star spangled banner.   Key is talking about killing a bunch of slaves.  I don't talk about racism all that much.  When it happens I do my research first.

6 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

"Their blood has wash'd out their foul footstep's pollution. No refuge could save the hireling and slave

From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave,"

Francis Scott Key was a rich Southern plantation owner, slave owner.  He was friends with president Andrew Jackson, another rich Southern slave owner.  Key was often in Jackson's ear, making sure that slavery stayed the law of the land.   Key's bro in law was Chief Justice Taney author of the odious dread Scott decision.

3rd stanza star spangled banner.   Key is talking about killing a bunch of slaves.  I don't talk about racism all that much.  When it happens I do my research first.

I bet there are only a handful of people that knew those words.  I also looked it up, and there are those that say it is not racist.  The slaves that are spoken of went over to the British side. Maybe that had something to do with the lyrics of the song.  Opposite sides in a war are at risk of being killed.  Still say a lot of racist ideas begin at home, black or white.

Can't say I blame the slaves for going with the British in that occasion.  Way before Megan Markle there was British heiress Dido Elizabeth Belle who  was of African descent.  She had influence on that nation dropping slavery way before  this country did.  But....as I stated, I usually stick to the 1st stanza then watch the ball game.

6 hours ago, Kountzer said:

Can't say I blame the slaves for going with the British in that occasion.  Way before Megan Markle there was British heiress Dido Elizabeth Belle who  was of African descent.  She had influence on that nation dropping slavery way before  this country did.  But....as I stated, I usually stick to the 1st stanza then watch the ball game.

As does every sporting event in America!  The other stanzas are not an issue until the tired racism card needs to be played.

the DEMS and black population sure act like they want to be segregated.

black colleges

united negro college fund 

the national association for the advancement of colored people 

miss black america contest

black entertainment television 

magazines like ebony and jet

now this anthem 

there are plenty more examples

can you imagine if the rest of america started doing this?

1 hour ago, THE DUDE said:

black colleges

now this anthem 

Racism would be yelled louder than it is now.  Frankly, I’m getting tired of this 💩.  Just keep looking for racism, it will never end, even after these criminals destroy ever statue they can get their hands in.

2 hours ago, THE DUDE said:

black colleges

now this anthem 

Why do you think there are black colleges? Bet? Black magazines etc etc your mad at a people who wasn’t  allowed so created there own. How is that racist. If this country wasn’t so racist. It would be no need for HBCU BET NAACP etc etc. Education is free

12 hours ago, Kountzer said:

You do realize that England still had slaves at that time, right? Just like the Emancipation Proclamation that only offered freedom to Southern slaves but fell short of freeing those in the North, the English offered freedom to US slaves while keeping their own in shackles. 

The English forbid the slave trade in 1807 and abolished slave ownership in 1833... 28 years or so before our Civil War broke out.  “Way before” is a relative term I guess. Five seconds is an eternity when your hair is on fire. 

23 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

Why do you think there are black colleges? Bet? Black magazines etc etc your mad at a people who wasn’t  allowed so created there own. How is that racist. If this country wasn’t so racist. It would be no need for HBCU BET NAACP etc etc. Education is free

Can a white woman participate in the miss black America pageant?

22 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

Just curious... why do you think that all of those organizations are pretty much crap? An HBCU degree is typically ranked just under one from University of Phoenix or Southern New Hampshire University online come hiring time. Nobody watches BET, and the NAACP is a corrupt, anti-Semitic shell of what it used to be. 

If you and people like you got over racism, the pimps like Al Sharpton, Shaun King, and Quannel X would have to go find a new hustle, AND the Democrat party wouldn’t own your vote anymore.  

1 hour ago, BS Wildcats said:

Can a white woman participate in the miss black America pageant?

Could blacks participate in America pageant at the time they created black America pageant? Where black being allowed in colleges before hbcu. They were excluded so they created there own.

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

Just curious... why do you think that all of those organizations are pretty much crap? An HBCU degree is typically ranked just under one from University of Phoenix or Southern New Hampshire University online come hiring time. Nobody watches BET, and the NAACP is a corrupt, anti-Semitic shell of what it used to be. 

If you and people like you got over racism, the pimps like Al Sharpton, Shaun King, and Quannel X would have to go find a new hustle, AND the Democrat party wouldn’t own your vote anymore.  

I tell you this all the time you need to step away from talking points and stop trying to group people into groups what is a person like me? You don’t understand me so you try to put me in a box where you can just throw pointless statements and talking points. Nothing new of thought or origin just talking points. 

16 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

Could blacks participate in America pageant at the time they created black America pageant? Where black being allowed in colleges before hbcu. They were excluded so they created there own.

First Miss Black America Pageant was held in 1968. The first African-American contestant in the real “Miss America Pageant” was in 1971. Heck, the first AA winner of the Miss America Pageant was in 1983. 
So there was a necessity for a segregated black pageant up until 1971. That’s 49 years ago. Why is it still happening, Pamfam?  Is it that long, celebrated 3 year time when the Black Miss America Pageant existed and blacks couldn’t participate in the original one? I doubt it, because the only thing anybody remembers about the black pageant is that one time when Mike Tyson raped that one contestant.  

And if you go back and look, most of the HBCUs were founded by white philanthropists.  

This is the hidden content, please

“But after the Civil War, African American education blossomed. Black ministers and white philanthropists established schools all across the South to educate freed slaves. These schools, more than 100 of which are still open today, became known as historically black colleges and universities, or HBCUs.”

That’s right. You need to thank Whitey for that, too. It needed to happen because access to higher education was for all intents and purposes banned in the segregationist South. Except today blacks want to keep those proud segregationist ways alive via “black only” institutions. 

21 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

First Miss Black America Pageant was held in 1968. The first African-American contestant in the real “Miss America Pageant” was in 1971. Heck, the first AA winner of the Miss America Pageant was in 1983. 
So there was a necessity for a segregated black pageant up until 1971. That’s 49 years ago. Why is it still happening, Pamfam?  Is it that long, celebrated 3 year time when the Black Miss America Pageant existed and blacks couldn’t participate in the original one? I doubt it, because the only thing anybody remembers about the black pageant is that one time when Mike Tyson raped that one contestant.  

And if you go back and look, most of the HBCUs were founded by white philanthropists.  

This is the hidden content, please

“But after the Civil War, African American education blossomed. Black ministers and white philanthropists established schools all across the South to educate freed slaves. These schools, more than 100 of which are still open today, became known as historically black colleges and universities, or HBCUs.”

That’s right. You need to thank Whitey for that, too. It needed to happen because access to higher education was for all intents and purposes banned in the segregationist South. Except today blacks want to keep those proud segregationist ways alive via “black only” institutions. 

Like I said it’s no reason for me and you to continue to debate. Did you think you just educated me on anything?  It’s you that loves bringing up race. 

1 hour ago, PAMFAM10 said:

So no, isn’t that racism.  This is 2020, if statues can be destroyed, girls join the Boy Scouts, and men use women’s restrooms, then a white woman should be able to enter a racist pageant such as miss black America.