Summer Workouts

NetCat

On 6/9/2020 at 9:41 AM, SmashMouth said:

You’re a silly boy... Let’s just shut everything down forever, right? My son started summer workouts yesterday morning. He’s one of the most important things in my life, and I would give my life to save his. No hesitation. You need to worry about your family and your kids and leave the parenting of my kids to me. Get your head out of the sand (and your butt) and learn the facts. Young healthy teen athletes have almost no chance of serious health issues or death from the China virus. Go spout your crap somewhere else. And leave my child out of your fear driven comments. 

Amen Brother! Can We Please Legalize Freedom! And Self Governance! Good Grief!

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. 

This is the hidden content, please

This is JMO, I was very confident we'd have a 2020
season...that confidence is waning with each passing day

47 minutes ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

Yep 

Keep in mind that these are precautionary measures to protect the kids. Possible exposure. No student athlete has tested positive.

I know what your seeing is different than around here. We have to be optimistic and maintain our faith. Stay safe out there.

54 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Keep in mind that these are precautionary measures to protect the kids. Possible exposure. No student athlete has tested positive.

I know what your seeing is different than around here. We have to be optimistic and maintain our faith. Stay safe out there.

All across the country high schools are shutting it down and thses are positive test. Even in north Texas they are saying that they just trying to see about having school let alone sports. Im not  here for sunshine and rainbows, I'm here to give the thurnderstoms report  because that's the way its heading. But you wanna talk football let's talk football. 6a northshore katy duncanville and allen 5a aledo 4a Carthage pg wos and argyle 3a netwon 2a refugio. Everyone else better prey for that rona virus cancel the season, because after those teams get do with your gonna wish it had. And I don't see any other teams out there that will change my mind.

5 minutes ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

All across the country high schools are shutting it down and thses are positive test. Even in north Texas they are saying that they just trying to see about having school let alone sports. Im not  here for sunshine and rainbows, I'm here to give the thurnderstoms report  because that's the way its heading. But you wanna talk football let's talk football. 6a northshore katy duncanville and allen 5a aledo 4a Carthage pg wos and argyle 3a netwon 2a refugio. Everyone else better prey for that rona virus cancel the season, because after those teams get do with your gonna wish it had. And I don't see any other teams out there that will change my mind.

Not even that Silsbee team that’s knocked y’all out two years in a row? 

Hell, let’s just shut it all down. The mommas and daddies can stay at home from work too. I don’t see much need for opening anything up anymore. Let’s stay quarantined til there’s nothing to go back to. That’ll teach us! We don’t need schools to open either. No need to go to school cuz there will be no jobs or a future to train for. Shut it ALL down. 

Anybody please answer this:

If a student got the flu while at school, would we completely shut down the schools?

If a student was seriously injured or killed in a car crash, would we completely abolish students fro driving altogether?

If, God forbid, one of our young athletes was injured with life-changing consequences, would we ban high school sports altogether?

14 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

If a student got the flu while at school, would we completely shut down the schools?

If a student was seriously injured or killed in a car crash, would we completely abolish students fro driving altogether?

If, God forbid, one of our young athletes was injured with life-changing consequences, would we ban high school sports altogether?

Democrats would try......

2 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

The left has already proven they would burn this  country to the ground to gain power! And we know what party the left is attached too. If you don’t think the way this virus situation has been handled is a power grab then you haven’t done much research. The damage and fear  this shutdown has caused is immeasurable!  This country has been played like never before. Wake up people! You can bank On the left creating more chaos the closer the election gets because they know a BIG RED HUGE TSUNAMI IS COMING!! 

2 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Hell, let’s just shut it all down. The mommas and daddies can stay at home from work too. I don’t see much need for opening anything up anymore. Let’s stay quarantined til there’s nothing to go back to. That’ll teach us! We don’t need schools to open either. No need to go to school cuz there will be no jobs or a future to train for. Shut it ALL down. 

Brother I think Common Sense has just about been eradicated! 

18 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Guys, while I agree with a lot of what you are saying.  This is devolving into a political thread and this ain't the forum for it.

I agree. I’ll try to get it back on thread. I’m so glad our young athletes are getting back to working out and staying healthy. I hope and pray for their health and safety on an off the field. 

In my own humble opinion, if a parent is not comfortable allowing their child to participate in sports, then they shouldn't allow it...same for attending school, make other arrangements. The idea of a "one size fits all" solution can't be the answer. People of all ages accept some level of risk in their everyday lives. Educate yourself on the risks and mitigations and proceed accordingly. The politicization of this virus is repulsive. If you aren't comfortable allowing your child on the field, then dont allow it...you're the parent. You make the decision to keep them safe, whatever that looks like to you. The most important aspect is that you should have the freedom to choose. Go Pirates!

1 hour ago, RedJollyRoger said:

In my own humble opinion, if a parent is not comfortable allowing their child to participate in sports, then they shouldn't allow it...same for attending school, make other arrangements. The idea of a "one size fits all" solution can't be the answer. People of all ages accept some level of risk in their everyday lives. Educate yourself on the risks and mitigations and proceed accordingly. The politicization of this virus is repulsive. If you aren't comfortable allowing your child on the field, then dont allow it...you're the parent. You make the decision to keep them safe, whatever that looks like to you. The most important aspect is that you should have the freedom to choose. Go Pirates!

I agree 100%! (Except for the go pirates part...)

😬

On 6/16/2020 at 4:27 PM, SmashMouth said:

If, God forbid, one of our young athletes was injured with life-changing consequences, would we ban high school sports 

Well a  young 16 year old athlete  in north Mississippi collapse and died at football practice yesterday . JUST BECAUSE THEIR YOUNG ATHLETES  DOESN'T MAKE THEM INVINCIBLE.  Thses kids hadn't been in the heat much this year and Mississippi is hotter than texas believe me I know. You cant just throw the young men out here and start popping the whip its gonna take time. The cause of death hasn't been determined yet. My prayers go out to the family.