Bridge City vs WOS

adminbaberuth

19 minutes ago, dBerrySports said:

This kind of reminds me of the buildup surrounding the WO-S/H-J game in 2014. Hawks were 8-0 going into the game I believe.

Yeah and they were putting up some numbers.According to most of HJ one questionable call did them in because they were fixing to turn it around.lol

1 minute ago, GUNHO said:

Yeah and they were putting up some numbers.According to most of HJ one questionable call did them in because they were fixing to turn it around.lol

I covered that game lol, I don't remember the exact call but you're right, I do remember one questionable call that the H-J fans didn't like.

29 minutes ago, dBerrySports said:

This kind of reminds me of the buildup surrounding the WO-S/H-J game in 2014. Hawks were 8-0 going into the game I believe.

Just to show you how important I thought it was I can't recall that much about it other than it had to do with a punt.

Dubois will do everything within his power to have the cardinals ready come Friday night. Only problem is, is how do you prepare for a team that is loaded with talent, speed and the desire to be the best!! I look for BC to score but I doubt very seriously they get more than one TD.  This should be a good game, but the score will not reflect it!  I say WOS 42 BC 7

Good luck to both Teams!!

48 minutes ago, chukslegacy said:

Dubois will do everything within his power to have the cardinals ready come Friday night. Only problem is, is how do you prepare for a team that is loaded with talent, speed and the desire to be the best!! I look for BC to score but I doubt very seriously they get more than one TD.  This should be a good game, but the score will not reflect it!  I say WOS 42 BC 7

Good luck to both Teams!!

You are right Dubois is hard to work this week. And everything you said about WOS is right. Call it hope or pride but I just think BC will be their Achilles heel this week. I see it being a great game too but the score being 28-21 our way. 

9 minutes ago, BC is back said:

You are right Dubois is hard to work this week. And everything you said about WOS is right. Call it hope or pride but I just think BC will be their Achilles heel this week. I see it being a great game too but the score being 28-21 our way. 

I don't have a dog in this fight but this is hilarious

1 hour ago, GUNHO said:

Just to show you how important I thought it was I can't recall that much about it other than it had to do with a punt.

It was a punt.  And that game was pretty tight until WOS blew it open a little in the 4th.  But that HJ team was better than this BC team IMO and this WOS team could be better than that WOS team. 

6 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

That's the funny thing... Hunter Denton has and can outrun anybody that's coming to town Friday night.  But why let facts get in the way of the "BC has no athletes" myth. 

I don't recall anybody saying BC has no athletes.

But if you find my post so hilarious, go ahead and kick to Mr. Morris as I have advised or to Mr. Miller as my friend kicker has and let's see if young Mr. Denton can run them down.

I have been to a lot of WO-S football games in my life, and there is one thing you that WO-S is great at... STOPPING THE RUN. You don't run the ball on WO-S. You cannot run the ball up the middle because you run into Mr. King (4yr. Starter). and you cant run the ball outside because then you go right into WO-S bread and Butter and thats there speed. There is not a team in the Area that can hang with WO-S.  So saying that, I'll take WO-S getting the 3rd straight shutout in blowout form.

WO-S- 48
BC- 0 

Going to take a shot at giving an opinion on this one without sarcasm or "homer" viewpoint so here goes...

It cannot be disputed that the premiere football program in this part of the state resides in West Orange, all the numbers prove that point emphatically. Year in and year out they are the benchmark that all others, including larger class schools, are measured against. This particular group has been special for quite sometime and they continue to impress even the toughest skeptics. Besides the fact they are physically talented this group at WOS has been running basically the same overall system since they began playing ball and that fact cannot be overstated. The familiarity they possess with the offense, defense, and coaching style is amazing, it's all they have ever known and very few schools can even attempt to compare with that fact. With that being said it's not difficult to make a case for the Mustangs running the table this season and easily handling the Cardinals on Friday night. Only problem with that statement is that this is a high school game and anything can happen. I witnessed a BC vs WOS game in the early 90's where BC came out amped up, scored on the opening drive and thought "this might be the year we win!" and then watched WOS reel of 55 unanswered points. All the opening score did was "kick a sleeping dog and made him mad". On that note I know many BC fans cringed when they saw some of the social media stuff that got started last week and with good reason. Most would have rather not been so public about the comments aimed at WOS and preferred that talk stay in the locker room, no reason to "poke the bear" so to speak when the element of surprise may have been an advantage. Either way what's done is done. 

There are 2 potential scenarios that could take place....

1. WOS dominates from start to finish like most are predicting. The speed advantage and experience in big games goes without saying, WOS is loaded with playmakers and a fantastic leader/QB along with a potentially historic defense. All signs point to this happening.

2.BC figures out a way to move the chains and keep the clock running which in turn keeps the potent WOS offense off of the field. Many on this board have made comments about one dimensional offenses not doing well against WOS and that's a true statement for the most part. I may be wrong but it seems like in the past several seasons Orangefield has been able to hang around with WOS in a few games doing exactly what BC hopes to do. If BC manages to somehow control the clock for a while and can get a big play from either the defense or special teams this game could be closer than many predict. Will that happen, we won't know until Friday night. BC does have a few things going for them and won't be showing up empty handed. Up front they have some size and experience which is a plus as long as they can play 4 quarters. BC does have a few guys that can run with almost anybody on the field and they are capable of scoring at any time. BC will have to limit the 3 and outs and turnovers to have a legitimate shot of keeping WOS anywhere close but it can be done. 

I personally look forward to the game and hope it lives up to the hype. One would think WOS would like to play a game where they at least get challenged and need to play their starters for more than 2 or 3 quarters, the blowouts don't help them in their quest for another title. Hopefully everybody plays well, comes out injury free, and both teams get better as they pursue the playoffs.

Good luck to both teams!

Rake1

23 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

But if you find my post so hilarious, go ahead and kick to Mr. Morris as I have advised or to Mr. Miller as my friend kicker has and let's see if young Mr. Denton can run them down.

BC fans remember a "very fast" Morris from WOS getting caught from behind in the 2011 game so it's possible. As a fan I'd like to see Denton and Morris in a foot race or chasing one another on the field! They can both fly!! Great athletes!!

Rake1  

1 hour ago, WOSgrad said:

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

I agree. Very low scoring.  For the home team.  Unless the Stangs are very off, they will put up some points.  BC does not have the personel to slow down the WOS aerial attack

On 9/3/2016 at 1:35 PM, TxHoops said:

I agree he will do everything he can to try and have them ready.  But it won't matter.  A one dimensional offense will not challenge the Mustangs.   Especially when you have inferior athletes...

But I hope I'm wrong.  The Mustangs really need some teams to challenge them before district.  Because that is going to be a cake walk.  We'll see if their 4 opponents there can muster more than a collective 3 points this year. 

1 hour ago, WOSgrad said:

On 9/4/2016 at 3:20 PM, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

i guess BC has reason to be optimistic, just not this game here. Just dont have the athletes to match up. WO-S is also disciplined and experienced in addition to being talented. If you don't check off those 3 boxes, no chance to beat them no matter how much hope or heart you have. i believe its as simple as that.

There's eight pages of people saying that we don't belong on the field with the mighty mustangs.  I hope you guys realize that we haven't played our starters in the second half this year, either.  Hell, we didn't even have our leading rusher in the game last Friday.  

It doesn't matter.... the game still has to be played.