Bridge City vs WOS

adminbaberuth

the cards have put up a lot of points up in two games  like the mustangs have  the cards are a big football team like Nederland and lc-m and have one of the better coaches around he is not new to Thompson .the cards lost out in bi-district last year coach dubois has done a super job in just a short time there in bridge city don't you agree .the cards have one of the best running backs around in  the likes of the DRAPER kid he is a handful good speed and runs hard he is the spark plug  and you must keep a eye on the ADAMS kid he is a good one also the hard hitters on the other side of the ball DRAPER AND ADAMS are good  and now for team speed  I give them a C- just like lc-m .now in closeing good luck the both teams Friday.

1 hour ago, BlueOwl said:

It shouldn't even be a question if BC is going to score. They have scored 50+ both weeks. They will score. Now how many is the question. WOS always murders teams that run the slot t. But I can promise you Dubois will have his squad ready for this one. 

I agree he will do everything he can to try and have them ready.  But it won't matter.  A one dimensional offense will not challenge the Mustangs.   Especially when you have inferior athletes...

But I hope I'm wrong.  The Mustangs really need some teams to challenge them before district.  Because that is going to be a cake walk.  We'll see if their 4 opponents there can muster more than a collective 3 points this year. 

1 hour ago, MBaller#1 said:

Man the way the conversation is going im ready to see wo-'s and Gilmer looks like Gilmer has found their offense again 61 and 70 points in their first 2 games

Yes Gilmer has scored a lot but they've given up a lot on defense too.

But all WO-S players, coaches and supporters are only interested in BC this week.

2 hours ago, BlueOwl said:

It shouldn't even be a question if BC is going to score. They have scored 50+ both weeks. They will score. Now how many is the question. WOS always murders teams that run the slot t. But I can promise you Dubois will have his squad ready for this one. 

Dubois vs WO-S:

2014: L 21-42

2013: L 6-42

According to the Orange Leader, BC has fumbled 8 times (2 lost) already. That along with only 3 pass attempts is surprising. Considering you are going up against the best D you will see this year, you would think you would work on the pass game a bit when you have the game in the bag... Unless you don't want to expose a weakness.

I'm not suggesting BC can't win. Upsets happen every week. But for a team with no success against WO-S with a coach with no success against WO-S, to see the Mustangs in the same light as North Forest ("WO-S, you're next!") is just dumb.

5 minutes ago, tennisbc said:

Does WOS really have anybody they consider a rivalry. Jasper would be my top of the list.

Not locally. And yeah outside of the GT I always thought of Jasper being it. Some classic games between those two. 

The closest BC game I remember was a game after one of the hurricanes hit. It was a daytime game. I wanna say margin of victory was less than 20pts. 

6 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Not locally. And yeah outside of the GT I always thought of Jasper being it. Some classic games between those two. 

The closest BC game I remember was a game after one of the hurricanes hit. It was a daytime game. I wanna say margin of victory was less than 20pts. 

I can't remember the year,I think it might've been 96 or 97...we had 2day game with BC because of the weather....I believe WOS won by 3 or 7

1986 WOS 28-7

1987 WOS 35-0

1988 WOS 20-0

1989 WOS 57-7

1990 WOS 65-15

1991 WOS 42-14

1992 WOS 54-7 

1993 WOS 31-14

1994 WOS 48-7

1995 WOS 48-0

1996 WOS 24-21

1997 WOS 60-7

1998 WOS 27-6

1999 WOS 35-0

2004 WOS 27-21

2005 WOS 41-34

2006 WOS 42-6

2007 WOS 73-0

2008 WOS 66-7

2009 WOS 29-15

2010 WOS 28-0

2011 WOS 21-16

2012 WOS 46-0

2013 WOS 40-16

I'd like to address some things. The "WOS you're next" is a tradition thing. It's done every week no matter who we're playing. And don't think we can't throw the ball. Just cause we haven't opened it up much does not mean we can't. Just means we haven't had too. And obviously some of y'all don't remember the last times these 2 classes have met in the past. We were one of the only teams to beat them back in middle school. Don't expect a blowout because it's not gonna happen

7 minutes ago, BC is back said:

I'd like to address some things. The "WOS you're next" is a tradition thing. It's done every week no matter who we're playing. And don't think we can't throw the ball. Just cause we haven't opened it up much does not mean we can't. Just means we haven't had too. And obviously some of y'all don't remember the last times these 2 classes have met in the past. We were one of the only teams to beat them back in middle school. Don't expect a blowout because it's not gonna happen

Tradition?

Is it done after a loss, particularly a blow out loss?

10 minutes ago, BC is back said:

We don't need a blowout. Just need to win by 1. 

23 minutes ago, BC is back said:

WOS fans know "that" win back in 7th grade has fueled some BC players and fans into thinking they can repeat that. I'm glad "that" is the source of your hope. 

Dubois has a history of not having a passing game. Two or three attempts per contest does not define having one. When they have thrown the ball (Dubois teams), they have not looked good doing it. If BC does have a passing attack, there is good reason not to hide in in this game. It would be fun to see a Brett Favre come out of the Cardinal's nest. Please...show us what you got. 

This ain't middle school anymore.