Bridge City vs WOS

adminbaberuth

18 minutes ago, BC is back said:

I'd like to address some things. The "WOS you're next" is a tradition thing. It's done every week no matter who we're playing. And don't think we can't throw the ball. Just cause we haven't opened it up much does not mean we can't. Just means we haven't had too. And obviously some of y'all don't remember the last times these 2 classes have met in the past. We were one of the only teams to beat them back in middle school. Don't expect a blowout because it's not gonna happen

Ah, the old "remember middle school" argument. That is as much a part of the BC tradition as "this is the year."

WO-S has scored 10 points more in the last six meetings than BC has scored in all 24. 

22 minutes ago, BC is back said:

I'd like to address some things. The "WOS you're next" is a tradition thing. It's done every week no matter who we're playing. And don't think we can't throw the ball. Just cause we haven't opened it up much does not mean we can't. Just means we haven't had too. And obviously some of y'all don't remember the last times these 2 classes have met in the past. We were one of the only teams to beat them back in middle school. Don't expect a blowout because it's not gonna happen

What happens on Tuesday and Thursday nights means nothing on Friday night. 

5 hours ago, aTmfan06 said:

Kennadale runs the slot T

And !! Doesn't matter. They have great athletes too. But when ur one dimensional makes it dat much harder. If u ever knew the history of w.o. ND I do mean years of pride on stopping the run. U want beat them that way. Once again if you truly watch what the d-line does against teams then u would know where I come from. Momo and Mandel king is on another level . Right now it's all abt BC . Kennedale will get there chance in a few weeks.

10 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Middle school?  We're talking middle school??

See you Friday night around 10 pm, BC is Back.  How do you like your crow served?

Lol, not 10pm. It outta b over by 9pm wen the backups are in. U need athletic athletes to even compete against this team. ND they still have gud teams out there that will challenge w.o. they're not gonna blow everyone out. But a team like B.c has to many matchup problems to even make it a close game. Can anyone on b.c hold any receiver on w.o. ?? ND wen they go up tempo God for bid have the oxygen ready!!

1 hour ago, BC is back said:

I have a lot of respect for BC and these seniors. A couple of things with this post, tho... There is a BIG difference between passing when you want to and passing when you HAVE no choice. I have heard a million times, "just because we don't doesn't mean we can't", If you aren't throwing during game speed (which it appears you don't) it will not be there consistently when you have to have it. You don't have to believe, you will see.

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to mention the 7th grade, LOL.

33 minutes ago, Gasilla said:

I have a lot of respect for BC and these seniors. A couple of things with this post, tho... There is a BIG difference between passing when you want to and passing when you HAVE no choice. I have heard a million times, "just because we don't doesn't mean we can't", If you aren't throwing during game speed (which it appears you don't) it will not be there consistently when you have to have it. You don't have to believe, you will see.

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to mention the 7th grade, LOL.

Remember where you heard the "just because you don't pass" argument last? 

Dubois's HJ teams.

It always goes back to middle school with BC. Our guys have grown a bit since then.

Middle school football and high school football. Reminds me of a bit of truly ancient history. If that matters to anybody.

In 1961 the 8th grade football team in Orange did pretty well. If you can call undefeated, untied and never even scored upon a successful season. That's right. Every game was a shutout victory.

Fast forward to 1965. Same group of players now high school seniors. Season record. Two wins, eight losses. Needless to say, they didn't make the playoffs.

A WOS fan was the one who brought up the old days giving us credit from middle school a couple weeks back. Saying we were gonna be there biggest test tis season. Just a repeat of what was said. that was the last time these classes met. The past varsity scores have nothing to do with this year. Just be ready come friday

55 minutes ago, BC is back said:

A WOS fan was the one who brought up the old days giving us credit from middle school a couple weeks back. Saying we were gonna be there biggest test tis season. Just a repeat of what was said. that was the last time these classes met. The past varsity scores have nothing to do with this year. Just be ready come friday

I said that about BC possibly being our biggest test. The only other team that I feel maybe tougher is Kennedale but I don't know much about them. I knew someone from BC was going to say something about the 7th grade season. It actually took longer than I expected, LOL. Seriously, though, BC was by far the toughest team the seniors faced in MS, IMO.

No disrespect, but a few thoughts:

1. Dubois seems to energize his kids, but simply does not integrate the passing phase out of the run, are switch gears when needed. It's not his system. Trouble. 

2. What you did in Pop Warner does not mean it will happen on Friday nights. 

3. The D Line for the Mustangs is flat out talented. I know our history pretty dang well. Might be our best unit ever as a group. Smack. They are just too talented for BC's line. 

4. Mustangs offense probably slices BC's less talented athletes. Just truth. 

5. Barring multiple turnovers, I see no way a sensible person cannot see what's coming. Fine to get hyped, then Tyson punches you. 

6. The coaching staff and team chemistry at WO-S, is simply on another level. Cornel, and company, have elevated the program to memories of yester year. The two best coaches in Southeast, TX are T and Larry Neumann. Giving coach of the year award to Dubois over Cornel a season or two ago, probably fuels Cornel's inner voice. Not good. Game over.  Just the truth to a reasonable, not foggy fan. 

No injuries to either team. Both have some fun times ahead this year. BC runs an offense that gives many defenses headaches. Just not the one wearing silver hats. 

Honest as I know how to be. 

7 minutes ago, Uncle Pig said:

Negative. WOS would be in the top 10 in 5A. Dominating...you can bet every team they play is terrified of them  

Curious what number you would have them at.

1. Cedar Park (2-0) beat Austin Vandegrift 13-0.

2. Aledo (2-0) beat Westlake, Calif. 65-7.

3. Denton Ryan (2-0) beat Mesquite Poteet 24-13.

4. Manvel (2-0) beat Galena Park North Shore 26-13.

5. Temple (2-0) beat Round Rock 39-25.

6. Frisco Lone Star (2-0) beat Mansfield Timberview 20-14.

7. Dallas Highland Park (2-0) beat Waxahachie 40-37.

8. CC Calallen (1-1) lost to SA Johnson 17-12.

9. Richmond Foster (2-0) beat A&M Consolidated 34-28

34 minutes ago, Lightning/Eagle said:

Curious what number you would have them at.

1. Cedar Park (2-0) beat Austin Vandegrift 13-0.

2. Aledo (2-0) beat Westlake, Calif. 65-7.

3. Denton Ryan (2-0) beat Mesquite Poteet 24-13.

4. Manvel (2-0) beat Galena Park North Shore 26-13.

5. Temple (2-0) beat Round Rock 39-25.

6. Frisco Lone Star (2-0) beat Mansfield Timberview 20-14.

7. Dallas Highland Park (2-0) beat Waxahachie 40-37.

8. CC Calallen (1-1) lost to SA Johnson 17-12.

9. Richmond Foster (2-0) beat A&M Consolidated 34-28

How bout 10 since you don't have one. Fair enough?

mustang fans bridge city will TRY and slow the game down that's how dubois  would like it and BALL CONTROL. football and he is good at it. if you were at the game Friday lc-m did a no no in there kicking game and I feel the cards will try and not let it happen  like lc-m did if they do  long night for sure. I agree with TD if we can win by one point I will be happy . bridge city are chopping at the bits  for sure they feel like they can take wo-s down 

24 minutes ago, Uncle Pig said:

How bout 10 since you don't have one. Fair enough?

Yep, I can live with that. But 10 is Angleton and that would be a tough game for you guys. Not knocking WOS at all. Most definetly a legit title contender but not sure they would be top 10 in 5A. Some really good programs also with tradition in 5A.

10 minutes ago, skipper said:

wo-s could care less who they play  because it will not happen 6a and 5 a teams shy away and yes the kids from wo-s did play a 5a school and lost both times  that's life all in the past who cares

This may be your best post ever!!!!

+1