Looks like some folks in Mont Belvieu need to learn manners

WOSgrad

I hope the Superintendent of Barbers Hill ISD has learned the perils of social media.  That being said, I hope none of the BHISD students are ever held accountable by the administration for any social media posts they make.  As a retired teacher/coach, my 8th graders were constantly warned of writing/typing/posting anything they would not want the whole world to see (including their future children!)  If the BH ISD board lets this ride, it is on them.  Kudos to the BH Drum Major!  She represents the district very well with class.  Too many good folks over there to be led by a hair-trigger sup.

I'm amazed at some of the post.  Maybe I'm one of the few that's old enough to remember when everyone played on grass, or mud if it had been raining.  If BH had lost 40-6, I could understand blowing off a little steam.   But rattling his jaws after a big win = snob (and a bunch of other words not suited for this Forum).

Btw, rather that judge the folks from MB/BH by their Supt, let's judge them by the actions of the young lady that made the rebuttal.

1 hour ago, CCRed said:

Why's that ?  Because BH and their superintendent are above everybody else ?  Sounds like the drum major might be one of a few without a snobby attitude.

It was a joke because before Poole got hired at BH, he was high up at UIL. Crosby loves to jump on bandwagons. We atleast went and played at Vidor. Remember, Crosby refused to do so several years ago.

4 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

It was a joke because before Poole got hired at BH, he was high up at UIL. Crosby loves to jump on bandwagons. We atleast went and played at Vidor. Remember, Crosby refused to so several years ago.

4 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

It was a joke because before Poole got hired at BH, he was high up at UIL. Crosby loves to jump on bandwagons. We atleast went and played at Vidor. Remember, Crosby refused to so several years ago.

That makes you even that much better than us, congrats.  

3 minutes ago, CoogGuy said:

Typical BH deflect the story toward someone else what does Crosby playing Vidor have to do with the asinine comments your clown of a superintendent made.  Carry wayward son. 

Has everything to do with it. I didn't hire the guy, but ya'll voted in the school Board that refused to travel to Vidor. Point is you and I have no control over what our school administrators say. With that being said, I was explaining why I put what I put in a post. Now I can see it was a waste of time. If you attack our community as a whole, well get ready for me to respond. It amazes me though out of everyone responding to this thread, a Crosby poster is front and center as savior of the sports world. Thanks Mr. Perfect!

8 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

If people remember, not too long ago, a certain school in 21-5a refused to play at Vidor. Hmmm, how soon we all forget.

8 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

Yea, just trying to deflect this a little bit. Lol

Sucks when it's your communites turn to get bashed over the actions of one or a couple of people. Lol

You brought up Crosby. Try again. 

19 minutes ago, CoogGuy said:

You brought up Crosby. Try again. 

Try again? I did already and explained that this isn't the first time comments have been made by school administration.  Also, sick and tired of Crosby posters whinning about BH people. It's freaking old. Moral of the story is Crosby fans have no room to talk because they said things and acted the same as our adminstration. Do you understand now?

Actually since we're getting kindergarten now, CCRED started it on the first page. LOL

11 hours ago, piratefan said:

This is the hidden content, please

I am glad you were able to share this as Dr. Kilgo fastened on something that is usually what sticks in my craw when this situation is brought up here.  And that is that a school does not have the latest in turf or indoor training facilities does so simply because it does not desire their school district to have them.  Nothing can be farther from the truth.  Quick fact, no high school field in Orange County has artificial turf.  Equally quick fact, every AD in a school in Orange County wants turf on their field be it Jeff Mathews, Cornel Thompson, Randy Crouch, Josh Smalley, Dwayne DuBois or Johnny Robinson.  Second equally quick fact, every superintendent and board of trustees of every school district in Orange County....Vidor ISD, Bridge City ISD, Orangefield ISD, Little Cypress-Mauriceville CISD, West Orange-Cove CISD or Community Christian School, would love to provide it.  However, whenever they enter into their budget workshops, the money simply isn't there.

Now, one by one, districts around the area are finding ways to fund such a venture and perhaps very soon every district in the area will overcome the cost obstacles to install such a field.  But for those that have it to look down their noses at those who don't does not make those who have it look superior, it makes them look like idiots.

3 minutes ago, GCMPats said:

15 books of Green Stamps. We have 14 books in the Goose.  Almost there!

Lol

It just seems logical to me since of the area we are in that if you have grass fields rather football, soccer, softball/baseball that you should have a tarp for it, that would help big time for schools that just cant afford turf.

Oh and btw folks: doesn't Vidor have an indoor facility on campus already with turf installed or its just an old gym? 

26 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Lol

It just seems logical to me since of the area we are in that if you have grass fields rather football, soccer, softball/baseball that you should have a tarp for it, that would help big time for schools that just cant afford turf.

Oh and btw folks: doesn't Vidor have an indoor facility on campus already with turf installed or its just an old gym? 

Grass fields just need proper draining.  

It rained alot.  Grass was wet. Ants don't like it when it rains, hence the belly aching. 

Poole made a moronic tweet!!!  Every one of you on here painting BH fans and community members with the broad stroke of the "snob brush" is just as moronic if you subscribe to this "guilt by association" crap!!!  Just the fact that the Drum Major called him out on it is proof  that not everybody associated with the Hill is a douche!  Every community has a couple and unfortunately, perhaps our biggest is glowing neon right for the world to see.  Please don't let the classless words of one paint that picture for the whole!!!!