Looks like some folks in Mont Belvieu need to learn manners

WOSgrad

15 hours ago, BHFAN said:

You got to love social media :) I got the tweet that night as well and thought it wasn't right for a Sup to publically ridicule a school. The 08 thing looked like a huge cover up as well. Dr. Poole has done great things for BH while he has been there, but in these two cases he definitely was in the wrong. I can't help to wonder if there is something more to his comments though. Could it have been that Vidor could have played at our field and denied saying there field was fine? No idea just throwing that out there.

Were their any injuries due to field condition?

Being a close neighbor and rival to BH I LOVE when the Cougars beat The Hill. I may even talk some trash about it. With that being said my experience is that the people in BH are good people, just like those in Crosby and Dayton. I think BH unfairly catches grief bc they have very few minorities and their schools have an abundance of money due to the industry in Mt Belvieu. No district in the state would turn down the revenue, but it makes them any easy target for others whose districts struggle with funding. 

I think the supts tweets were not a good idea, but since he apologized I think ppl should look at his whole body of work and not a few minutes of poor words on social media. 

As someone who loves their community I know it hurts when something like this overshadows all the good in a community. I hope this mess passes soon and The Ant Hill can celebrate all of their great points instead of hearing about this. 

And I hope we beat the snot out of BH on 9/9. 

11 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

I am glad you were able to share this as Dr. Kilgo fastened on something that is usually what sticks in my craw when this situation is brought up here.  And that is that a school does not have the latest in turf or indoor training facilities does so simply because it does not desire their school district to have them.  Nothing can be farther from the truth.  Quick fact, no high school field in Orange County has artificial turf.  Equally quick fact, every AD in a school in Orange County wants turf on their field be it Jeff Mathews, Cornel Thompson, Randy Crouch, Josh Smalley, Dwayne DuBois or Johnny Robinson.  Second equally quick fact, every superintendent and board of trustees of every school district in Orange County....Vidor ISD, Bridge City ISD, Orangefield ISD, Little Cypress-Mauriceville CISD, West Orange-Cove CISD or Community Christian School, would love to provide it.  However, whenever they enter into their budget workshops, the money simply isn't there.

Now, one by one, districts around the area are finding ways to fund such a venture and perhaps very soon every district in the area will overcome the cost obstacles to install such a field.  But for those that have it to look down their noses at those who don't does not make those who have it look superior, it makes them look like idiots.

+1000.

The sup. should be the leader and face of the school district and should be held accountable.  His employees look up to them.  Students look up to the teachers...  Students are the future.  But this guy is obviously a jackarse for 1. Having this to say WHILE at a position of leadership and 2. have the gall and audacity to post it online via social media knowing damn well it would get read by all...  And it's even more sad that one young lady called it for what it is.  She's gonna be a difference maker in this world one day somewhere in the near future, just watch.. 

On August 29, 2016 at 1:38 PM, Uncle Pig said:

Guess if Vidor had turf and better facilities, and not stuff from the Stone Age this wouldn't be an issue. Another example of a setx school needing to get with the times 

How about you send the Vidor school board a check to "get with the times".   That post compares to the comments of the BD Superintendent.  

7 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Guess this wont go away. 

Those were deleted from Superintendent Snob's profile yesterday evening. Admittedly though, it wasn't done until the "apology" which from my understanding occurred Monday morning.

Just a typical day in Baby's Hill.

37 minutes ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

Some people tend to forget the reason we have schools....it ain't to provide entertainment to the masses.........

Correct. It is to provide our children with the tools they need to become productive members of society and possible future leaders of this country, Hand in hand with that - is the expectation that schools will hire the most qualified, educated and socially mature individuals for this job.  

Having a superintendent (the person in charge of implementing the school board’s vision by making day-to-day decisions about educational programs, spending, staff, and facilities as well as hiring, supervising, and managing the central staff and principals) that is ignorant and careless enough to openly tweet about another school district and their unfounded careless spending habits is NOT someone that I would want molding my child’s future.

9 minutes ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

Some people tend to forget the reason we have schools....it ain't to provide entertainment to the masses.........

It's about beat your chest cause BH has more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$,so much they structured hundreds of thousands of $$$$$$$$ over 5 yrs to give it back to large corporations that overpaid taxes.It's We Can We Will training,Sure kids there get a quality education,they're provided the best of the best because the cost is NOT a factor.I'm good with it until it becomes personal attacks on the less fortunate.Prime example a landowner of a mobile home park off 146(many mobile homes) sold the property for a plant expansion,then gave less fortunate families 30 days notice to vacate,even though their rent/leases had been paid.Put yourself in their shoes=gotta move,find more prop,moving costs,utility deposits,etc etc

My son and I were talking last night about this incident. He reminded me that during his sophomore year GCM played at Barbers Hill. It was a rainy, mud bowl of a field. He tweaked his knee due to the playing conditions. (GCM won by the way. They still have not stopped D'Martie Allen.)

Funny how that happened.

Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone.

I've wanted to build a new stadium for a while and won't completely fault BH or its' fans for complaining over the condition of our football field. It was pretty well a mud hole after two weeks of constant rain. I can remember playing Nederland in Bulldog Stadium 2009 and having the same conditions there from a couple weeks of SETX liquid sunshine. Having a new scoreboard is great but I would have rather a turf field. Kids are bigger and faster today than 20 - 30 (or 40 in my case) years ago. It is on the radar screen for us to install a new turf field in the next 2 - 3 years depending on the money situation; I actually believe our team plays better on turf. Anyway, the scoreboard we have is used, not sure who we bought it from but it is nice.

6 hours ago, robanadana said:

I've wanted to build a new stadium for a while and won't completely fault BH or its' fans for complaining over the condition of our football field. It was pretty well a mud hole after two weeks of constant rain. I can remember playing Nederland in Bulldog Stadium 2009 and having the same conditions there from a couple weeks of SETX liquid sunshine. Having a new scoreboard is great but I would have rather a turf field. Kids are bigger and faster today than 20 - 30 (or 40 in my case) years ago. It is on the radar screen for us to install a new turf field in the next 2 - 3 years depending on the money situation; I actually believe our team plays better on turf. Anyway, the scoreboard we have is used, not sure who we bought it from but it is nice.

Can I shake the scoreboard operator's hand , just so I can put a face with the actions?  lol

9 hours ago, robanadana said:

The scoreboard came from a company in Florida wanting to get into the Texas market, I didn't hear anything about it being used, but that it was about 1/2 the price of what one would cost. ($55 K is what I have heard).  The FL company is using this board as an example of their product for them to try to establish a foothold in Texas.  Also I'm pretty sure the Booster Club raised most of, if not all the money, through fund-raisers/donations.  Although $55K is a lot of money to raise, that figure is doable with enough hard work and dedication.  IMO raising $1M for a turf field solely on fund-raising/donations would be out of reach, except maybe stretched over a few years, combined with VISD money.