Looks like some folks in Mont Belvieu need to learn manners

WOSgrad

Not taking up for the slim ball, but the incident with his kid was close to 8 or so years ago.... Now it does not surprise me that he said what he said because if you know the guy you would know what type of person he is. HE thinks he is better than everybody else....the people of mont belvieu do not. They also do not apologize for the money that the SCHOOL has. Yes there are a few that have money there, but go find out where the parents work....more than likely a plant around here. Then ask  them how many hours they work....all I'm saying is that there may be some money there, but majority are working class families who value a good education and hard work.

5 minutes ago, NDNation said:

This is the hidden content, please

Vidor parents searching for lost shoes from marching band. Evidently, to much to ask for Vidor to have field ready.

The superintendent doesn't know his "to, too, and two" rules?

2 hours ago, joebob said:

Im still not sure how he held onto his job after that 08 deal with his son....He certainly hasn't toned down.

I moved there about the time this happened and it amazed me at the people supporting him for what he did...........it was a lesson to his kid of you do what you want and daddy will cover for you

You got to love social media :) I got the tweet that night as well and thought it wasn't right for a Sup to publically ridicule a school. The 08 thing looked like a huge cover up as well. Dr. Poole has done great things for BH while he has been there, but in these two cases he definitely was in the wrong. I can't help to wonder if there is something more to his comments though. Could it have been that Vidor could have played at our field and denied saying there field was fine? No idea just throwing that out there.

2 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

You got to love social media :) I got the tweet that night as well and thought it wasn't right for a Sup to publically ridicule a school. The 08 thing looked like a huge cover up as well. Dr. Poole has done great things for BH while he has been there, but in these two cases he definitely was in the wrong. I can't help to wonder if there is something more to his comments though. Could it have been that Vidor could have played at our field and denied saying there field was fine? No idea just throwing that out there.

That's why it's called "home field advantage". 

6 minutes ago, GCMPats said:

That's why it's called "home field advantage". 

True , but if your field is a mess and your opponent has one that is not wouldn't it make sense to play on the safer field? Like I said I have no idea if this is the case , just very strange comments on twitter.

25 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

True , but if your field is a mess and your opponent has one that is not wouldn't it make sense to play on the safer field? Like I said I have no idea if this is the case , just very strange comments on twitter.

It had been wet for weeks but also had pretty good rains Thursday night and Friday afternoon that didn't help the situation. 

1.  Nobody gets on Nederland for their field conditions.  

2.  I was wondering how the Hill scored so many points, they're just better in the mud I guess.

3. Safety of the kids my arse, just glad nobody tore anything playing on that.

4.  How dare it rain so much, I mean people in Baton Rouge died, so we definitely have our priorities straight because the "best" band in Texas couldn't play!

Dang, three pages and I still don't see what the problem is? If the field was raggedy it was raggedy, it doesn't have anything to do with being from Barbers Hill. I don't think anybody thought the comment was snobby until the girl's rebuttal which she had every right to make.

Fact of the matter is that NONE of our kids in the district play on grass in high school and very few even play on it in middle school. People want it told like it is in other facets of life so I don't see what's wrong with highlighting what he felt was a safety hazard for his students.  

1 hour ago, CougarCal said:

1.  Nobody gets on Nederland for their field conditions.  

2.  I was wondering how the Hill scored so many points, they're just better in the mud I guess.

3. Safety of the kids my arse, just glad nobody tore anything playing on that.

4.  How dare it rain so much, I mean people in Baton Rouge died, so we definitely have our priorities straight because the "best" band in Texas couldn't play!

what does Ned have to do with it?  They played away last week so the field isn't torn up yet.

1 hour ago, BHFAN said:

Nope. You play the schedule. If it was unsafe, forfeit.  File with the UIL..

4 minutes ago, NDNation said:

What did we ever do before Turf?

Have mudbowls. Hence the reason our ISD got smart and got turf, at that time nobody else played on grass in our 6A district. After you rip up a field its hard to maintain the rest of the season. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I thought those were reserved for yalls coach if Ned isn't beaten this yr? 

Peacekeeping refers to activities that tend to create conditions that favor lasting peace.

10 minutes ago, NDNation said:

Peacekeeping refers to activities that tend to create conditions that favor lasting peace.

10 minutes ago, NDNation said:

:)