Tony Brown

TXHORN_ET

• 4 weeks later...

im pretty sure Saban has had enough of that kid. He stays in Saban's doghouse. I wish him luck in the future, IMO not at Bama. 

Well, it might be time to transfer to UH. He would have three to play two if he got a full release since he didn't redshirt. Transfer corners have had some success at UH recently, DJ Hayden got drafted in the first round by the Raiders a couple of years ago and William Jackson should go in the middle rounds this year. Tony actually reminds me a lot of another UH corner a while back, Stanford Routt, that ran 4.27 at the combine and also got drafted by the Raiders in the second round. May just need a fresh start, Minkah Fitzpatrick is just a freshman and he isn't going to beat him out anyway.  

Are we seriously blaming Nick Saban??? If the kid is in the dog house, then he needs to stop doing the things that are getting him there!  Kid has an unbelievable opportunity and is throwing it away because he can't follow rules.  Changing schools will not fix that problem.  Grow up, mature and work your butt off on the field and off.  If you are doing those things and it's not working out, sure, transfer.  But don't bring your bad habits to another school and then blame it on that coach too.

Are we seriously blaming Nick Saban??? If the kid is in the dog house, then he needs to stop doing the things that are getting him there!  Kid has an unbelievable opportunity and is throwing it away because he can't follow rules.  Changing schools will not fix that problem.  Grow up, mature and work your butt off on the field and off.  If you are doing those things and it's not working out, sure, transfer.  But don't bring your bad habits to another school and then blame it on that coach too.

i dont see anyone on this thread blaming Saban, have you read that on another site perhaps? 

I read it as because he was in Sabans dog house he should transfer.  Blaming Saban might not be the intent, but the suggestion to transfer will not fix the root of the problem.  You will never convince me that UH is a better opportunity than Alabama.  Kid is a true sophomore and has played every game this season.  Kids future is bright at Alabama if he doesn't throw it away.  He may not have a choice if he is thrown off the team, but if he isn't, he needs to get his priorities straight or get trapped in the 409.

When you combine this event with his arrest right after arriving on campus, and it gets harder to keep giving TB benefit of the doubt. I cringed in the SEC  Championship game when Saban was furiously going after TB on the sideline after he drew that penalty. There are too many blue chips trying to get on the team in Alabama for Saban to keep putting up with BS.

Dont blow it, Tony Brown!

I read it as because he was in Sabans dog house he should transfer.  Blaming Saban might not be the intent, but the suggestion to transfer will not fix the root of the problem.  You will never convince me that UH is a better opportunity than Alabama.  Kid is a true sophomore and has played every game this season.  Kids future is bright at Alabama if he doesn't throw it away.  He may not have a choice if he is thrown off the team, but if he isn't, he needs to get his priorities straight or get trapped in the 409.

Wow, that's a lot to infer. Sometimes the root of the problem is that you need a change of scenery. I'm watching the A&M game right now and saw DeVante Fields sack their qb. Fields was the defensive player of the year in the Big 12 as a freshman but had issues, now he's at Louisville playing in a bowl game and about to get drafted. You can even take Hubanek playing A&M tonight after transferring from two schools, albeit for a different reason. 

Sometimes it just doesn't work for some players in some places. I'm not saying it's the best option but it's probably time to start thinking about it after how the last two years went. I think the "trapped in the 409" thing is still a bit of a stretch at this point though. 

I think a lot has to do with the fact that Saban knows how much talent Tony has and he isn't getting as much out of it as he thinks is possible. Especially with him being the DB coach and seeing Tony every single practice up close. Tony will be just fine at Bama with or without football because he is still one of the fastest sprinters in the country. I'd hate to see him leave bama because like someone else said it truly is the best opportunity for him as a football player. 

You don't transfer out of bama!!! Not an option! Take your medicine and grow.

Transferring out of bama is like asking God if you can leave heaven.

same can be said if you a QB at USC, Matt Cassel made it playing behind ppl better than him, but we at Arkansas sure is glad to have Ricky Town now (former USC QB) 

Sometimes a different scene is needed. 

I don't expect a lot of you guys to understand cause most of you never been in the situations he's in....19 or 20 years old second year being on his own young kids do stupid stuff. I can attest to it I done a lot of dumb things as a student athlete in college but of all I learned from it...Tony is an extremely bright kid he'll figure things out. This is just a bump in the road and something for him to learn from.

PS. Because this is a kid from Ozen I expect this thread to be at lease 10 pages

Wow, that's a lot to infer. Sometimes the root of the problem is that you need a change of scenery. I'm watching the A&M game right now and saw DeVante Fields sack their qb. Fields was the defensive player of the year in the Big 12 as a freshman but had issues, now he's at Louisville playing in a bowl game and about to get drafted. You can even take Hubanek playing A&M tonight after transferring from two schools, albeit for a different reason. 

Sometimes it just doesn't work for some players in some places. I'm not saying it's the best option but it's probably time to start thinking about it after how the last two years went. I think the "trapped in the 409" thing is still a bit of a stretch at this point though. 

Fields didn't have a choice in the matter as he was thrown off the team.  Hopefully he got the help he needed to get control of his "issues".  A change of scenery alone will not fix the problem.  I understand transferring because you get beat out by an underclass man and you want playing time or your home sick, I get that.  No way TB should transfer if it's his choice.  

Talent will only carry you so far.  TB has the world in his palms and he could throw it all away behind poor decision making.  Like another poster said, most of us have never been in his position and that is 100% correct.  Most of us were not born with the athletic gifts from God that TB was born with and he has worked hard to get to Bama.  But that is not an excuse to mess it up. Those kids have an amazing support structure at those schools.  Schools are investing a lot of money into these kids are doing everything they can to ensure the kids graduate with a degree and set them up for success in life.  TB has to practice, study and stay out of trouble.  Cmon man, is it really that hard to do?

Fields didn't have a choice in the matter as he was thrown off the team.  Hopefully he got the help he needed to get control of his "issues".  A change of scenery alone will not fix the problem.  I understand transferring because you get beat out by an underclass man and you want playing time or your home sick, I get that.  No way TB should transfer if it's his choice.  

Talent will only carry you so far.  TB has the world in his palms and he could throw it all away behind poor decision making.  Like another poster said, most of us have never been in his position and that is 100% correct.  Most of us were not born with the athletic gifts from God that TB was born with and he has worked hard to get to Bama.  But that is not an excuse to mess it up. Those kids have an amazing support structure at those schools.  Schools are investing a lot of money into these kids are doing everything they can to ensure the kids graduate with a degree and set them up for success in life.  TB has to practice, study and stay out of trouble.  Cmon man, is it really that hard to do?

Apparently for him it is that hard to do.

He's already gotten beaten out twice at two different positions. The latest is by another true freshman 5-star, Minkah Fitzpatrick, who's a longer and more rangy cover guy that Saban probably sees in the mold of first round pick Dre Kirkpatrick. Not to mention the other 5-star track kid, Kendall Sheffield from FB Marshall, will be ready to go next year in the 'Bama secondary. Every kid that's at Alabama has worked hard to get there, just like the vast majority of all other college athletes. The difference is at 'Bama you don't get the same amount of rope because everybody is just as talented as you are.

I highlighted Fields because you really can't get much worse than what he was doing, yet you haven't heard a peep from him until he was laying on A&M's qb last night. Cam Newton got in trouble multiple times at Florida, Urban Meyer didn't kick him off the team but he saw the writing on the wall and transferred. Should he have tried to stick it out at Florida because it was best for him, or did he make the right decision by going to Blinn and winning a title before going to Auburn and winning another title with a Heisman to go with it? Saban suspended Alvin Kamara for the Sugar Bowl a couple of years back, should he have stuck it out at 'Bama to get back in his good graces or go kill it like he's doing at Tennessee right now?

I'm not saying a change of scenery is the best option, I'm just saying playing special teams and backing up younger players at 'Bama might not be. Getting sent home you sophomore year the day before your team's biggest game of the season is a lot darker mark than a misdemeanor arrest as a freshman. If he was in Saban's doghouse before he's probably moved to the outhouse now.