Tony Brown

TXHORN_ET

I don't expect a lot of you guys to understand cause most of you never been in the situations he's in....19 or 20 years old second year being on his own young kids do stupid stuff. I can attest to it I done a lot of dumb things as a student athlete in college but of all I learned from it...Tony is an extremely bright kid he'll figure things out. This is just a bump in the road and something for him to learn from.

PS. Because this is a kid from Ozen I expect this thread to be at lease 10 pages

Just wait to you find out why he got sent home?

A fight? Lol happens all the time in college locker rooms maybe bad timing but I've never seen a player get in trouble for a fight with a teammate. 

His own teammates are the ones that made the decision to send him home...I have a feeling that it wasn't just a normal fight...and what I've seen is it was with a D-Lineman...so it's not your typical DB vs WR scuffle.

Now that it is the past, I feel comfortable talking about this.  About 3 or 4 years ago, Tony Brown got into a bad scuffle/fistfight with then, the star Linebacker at Ozen.  All district linebacker and team captain and lead the district in tackles his senior year.  Eventually, he loves to pick on or antagonize other players, and for some reason, don't fear that the other player won't fire back.  Well, let's just say that they had to pull this player off of Brown when it was said and done....  He never messed with this linebacker ever again....

I get tired of hearing how these athletes that find trouble, or trouble finds them, are just 18-19 yrs old and are on their own for the first time. Just an excuse for their behavior? How many thousands upon thousands aren't sent home that are on their own away from home for the first time?

if bama wins, will he get his ring?

I get tired of hearing how these athletes that find trouble, or trouble finds them, are just 18-19 yrs old and are on their own for the first time. Just an excuse for their behavior? How many thousands upon thousands aren't sent home that are on their own away from home for the first time?

if bama wins, will he get his ring?

Let me ask you a question? Have you ever been a student athlete at the D-1 level? 

It's easy for you to critique and criticize when you've never been in the situation before...I understand what Tony's going through been there done & even worst. Got kicked off the team at TCU for doing some stupid things, but most of all I learned from it. Tony's an intelligent young man and comes from a good family he'll figure things. 

Now that it is the past, I feel comfortable talking about this.  About 3 or 4 years ago, Tony Brown got into a bad scuffle/fistfight with then, the star Linebacker at Ozen.  All district linebacker and team captain and lead the district in tackles his senior year.  Eventually, he loves to pick on or antagonize other players, and for some reason, don't fear that the other player won't fire back.  Well, let's just say that they had to pull this player off of Brown when it was said and done....  He never messed with this linebacker ever again....

i remember that. 

I have a story about this. I was at a ball game when he played at Ozen. The play was over and his coach sent in a player to sub out for Brown. He sent the player back. The upset coach motioned for him to come to the sideline. He shook his head no and refused to come out of the game. Blowing of the coaches signal two or three times. He had to call a timeout. That was one hacked off coach. I do not like to talk bad about our local highschool kids. This kid is a man now. He has discipline issues that are long reaching. I support TB and hope and pray he gets it together. I have a freind who is of Beaumont legend blood. His son played for Ozen he has had season tickest for Ozen from day one.  He played for Hebert and college ball for Prarieview. This guy told me that TB was always involved with turmoil at Ozen in football. He said he would have trouble with college football. Time to step up TB grow up and give it your all. SETX supports you. 

Kid been in Saban's doghouse ever since he got to Bama, relegated to special teams duty not seeing time on the field with the actual defense except for the Ole Miss game last year because of DB injuries and abused by Treadwell in that game for the most part. Saban will never kick the kid off the team cause he wants him to figure it out, Saban told Tony early in the year: if you dont want to be here then leave. 

If Tony has NFL aspirations he might be better off leaving Bama cause he already got beat out by a freshman and another incoming freshman will beat him out for a backup role next season. If he stays he will be on his way to being a 4 yr starter on special teams. Not the career im sure he envisioned. I know one SEC school he would be starting at locally: a&m, that secondary is horrible. I hope everything works out well for him. 

Kid been in Saban's doghouse ever since he got to Bama, relegated to special teams duty not seeing time on the field with the actual defense except for the Ole Miss game last year because of DB injuries and abused by Treadwell in that game for the most part. Saban will never kick the kid off the team cause he wants him to figure it out, Saban told Tony early in the year: if you dont want to be here then leave. 

If Tony has NFL aspirations he might be better off leaving Bama cause he already got beat out by a freshman and another incoming freshman will beat him out for a backup role next season. If he stays he will be on his way to being a 4 yr starter on special teams. Not the career im sure he envisioned. I know one SEC school he would be starting at locally: a&m, that secondary is horrible. I hope everything works out well for him. 

Great track program as well. 

It's easy for you to critique and criticize when you've never been in the situation before...I understand what Tony's going through been there done & even worst. Got kicked off the team at TCU for doing some stupid things, but most of all I learned from it. Tony's an intelligent young man and comes from a good family he'll figure things. 

It doesn't matter if you've been there and had some bad experiences. The problem is he has discipline issues and that starts at home. There are tens of thousands of kids in the same situation, away from home and have to make new friends, that don't get in the trouble he has got into. It's called responsibility and maturity. It starts in the home. I'm not saying that kids his age in his situation won't do stupid things but most learn from the first time and don't keep putting themselves in the wrong situation. I'm sorry but I don't have sympathy for some one, kid or adult, who keeps putting themselves in situations that they know are wrong and doesn't try to avoid them. 

No it is easy to critique when 1) this is not his first incident 2) there are guys on that very team from this area who even though younger than Brown, have not chosen the same path and 3) the decision to send  Brown home was first made by a players' committee which indicates to me that this is not the culture, at least at Alabama.  I wish him well whether at Alabama or else where, but to try and defend him merely by saying "well that is just how it is" reveals some of the true problems with American culture today.

I've seen the term "Saban's doghouse", the players elected to send him home so it's a bigger issue than being in Saban's doghouse. Says a lot when your teammates vote that way.

Saban's doghouse as in seeing playing time with the actual defense in games, not cause of injuries. If you go look at several Alabama media sites you will see the same thing. 

As far as a bigger issue: yes. It is very alarming when your team leaders vote that way. 

No it is easy to critique when 1) this is not his first incident 2) there are guys on that very team from this area who even though younger than Brown, have not chosen the same path and 3) the decision to send  Brown home was first made by a players' committee which indicates to me that this is not the culture, at least at Alabama.  I wish him well whether at Alabama or else where, but to try and defend him merely by saying "well that is just how it is" reveals some of the true problems with American culture today.

Never said it was ok but y'all on here acting like he committed some type of crime...fights with teammates in a college locker is VERY common and something that happens all the time. You guys are acting like Tony is consistently a behavior problem when in actuality this is his first time getting into trouble. The first incident it was found that the officer was indeed the agressor and not Tony. So let's not act like Tony has been a constant problem in the locker room. And let's stop comparing other kids to Tony and his situation two different kids from different places. DT & Tony come from two totally different backgrounds. Like I said it easy for you guys to criticize when you ain't never been a athlete at a high level like Alabama you don't know what Tony's going through mentally & emotionally...He's probably frustrated from not playing etc. Being a student athlete not as easy as a lot of you are on here making it seem but of course I don't expect y'all to understand cause none of you have been in his shoes.

Never said it was ok but y'all on here acting like he committed some type of crime...fights with teammates in a college locker is VERY common and something that happens all the time. You guys are acting like Tony is consistently a behavior problem when in actuality this is his first time getting into trouble. The first incident it was found that the officer was indeed the agressor and not Tony. So let's not act like Tony has been a constant problem in the locker room. And let's stop comparing other kids to Tony and his situation two different kids from different places. DT & Tony come from two totally different backgrounds. Like I said it easy for you guys to criticize when you ain't never been a athlete at a high level like Alabama you don't know what Tony's going through mentally & emotionally...He's probably frustrated from not playing etc. Being a student athlete not as easy as a lot of you are on here making it seem but of course I don't expect y'all to understand cause none of you have been in his shoes.

Oh, spare me.  The very fact that it was a players committee that sent him home indicates that this wasn't your "VERY common" fight (as you continue to claim).  And no, I don't know what is is like to be a student athlete...I actually had to work to pay my way through school.  So if you are seeking sympathy on that issue, you have come to the wrong place.

Facts officer was found to be the agrressor. Someone said something about it starts in the home. Well both of Tony's parents are coaches. One the head coach of Ozen girls basketball and she is a very disciplined coach and a great person if you ask anyone. As for his dad? He had a stroke when Tony was in high school and wasn't able to talk for awhile. Wasn't even living at home for his junior season. He was Ozens defensive coordinator prior to that. Anyways this isn't a home thing. Other than this one incident and Saban nagging on Tony in games and at practice, btw he led Bama in special teams tackles, what has he done wrong? He is still an EXCELLENT student and he plays/runs for Bama at the Highest Level of D1 competition. His teammates chose to send him based on the fact that they needed no distractions whether from Ridley, Ragland, or Brown. It is a winning culture at Bama and they weren't going to let anyone get in the way of distracting the team over a scuffle. Tony will be just fine at Bama. People loved to hate him even when he was in High school. Grow up. 

Oh, spare me.  The very fact that it was a players committee that sent him home indicates that this wasn't your "VERY common" fight (as you continue to claim).  And no, I don't know what is is like to be a student athlete...I actually had to work to pay my way through school.  So if you are seeking sympathy on that issue, you have come to the wrong place.

Lol a player's committee in college football is something that's very common them making a decision on a players discipline is also something that's common as well...we had one when I played...but like I said this thing is way over your head WOS so I don't expect you to understand.

Facts officer was found to be the agrressor. Someone said something about it starts in the home. Well both of Tony's parents are coaches. One the head coach of Ozen girls basketball and she is a very disciplined coach and a great person if you ask anyone. As for his dad? He had a stroke when Tony was in high school and wasn't able to talk for awhile. Wasn't even living at home for his junior season. He was Ozens defensive coordinator prior to that. Anyways this isn't a home thing. Other than this one incident and Saban nagging on Tony in games and at practice, btw he led Bama in special teams tackles, what has he done wrong? He is still an EXCELLENT student and he plays/runs for Bama at the Highest Level of D1 competition. His teammates chose to send him based on the fact that they needed no distractions whether from Ridley, Ragland, or Brown. It is a winning culture at Bama and they weren't going to let anyone get in the way of distracting the team over a scuffle. Tony will be just fine at Bama. People loved to hate him even when he was in High school. Grow up. 

You know folks on here love to hate on kids from Ozen it's been a common thing since I've been a member of this site...hence why I said I expect this thread to get to 10 pages...Still remember reading the hatred & racism that was spewed on this site when Willie got arrested while we were in high school they on here crucifying him now he's making money & taking care of his family playing the game he loves. On top of that he's about to get another shot to play in the NFL now HATE ON THAT!!

Lol a player's committee in college football is something that's very common them making a decision on a players discipline is also something that's common as well...we had one when I played...but like I said this thing is way over your head WOS so I don't expect you to understand.

First time I have ever heard of a player being sent home by a player's committee.  Look you can go 'til you are blue in the face claiming that there is nothing unusual about this or that this is the culture of college football, but the results show that you are, as usual, wrong and you can tell us all about your college days to try and convince us otherwise, but you are just blowing smoke.  There are folks from all over the Triangle, and for that matter, all over this nation who have managed to avoid these "VERY common" occurrences.  So don't try to sell me your crap, 'cause I ain't buying!

You know folks on here love to hate on kids from Ozen it's been a common thing since I've been a member of this site...hence why I said I expect this thread to get to 10 pages...Still remember reading the hatred & racism that was spewed on this site when Willie got arrested while we were in high school they on here crucifying him now he's making money & taking care of his family playing the game he loves. On top of that he's about to get another shot to play in the NFL now HATE ON THAT!!

The only one I see on here making this an Ozen thing....is...well....you!  What are your trying to say this fighting and what not is an Ozen thing that nobody else would understand.  That must be what you are trying to say as you are saying as thousands of other FBS athletes have managed to deal with the stress of the world of a student athlete, the only examples (even though I readily acknowledge that there are others) that you have provided are him...and...well...you.

But while you try to make this a war of Ozen vs. the world, it is not about that.  And much as you try to make it, it really isn't about you.  It is about a kid who created such a disturbance by his actions that the player leadership of his team did not want him to take even a single step onto the AT&T Stadium field on New Year's Eve.  Has he committed any criminal act? No.  But he needs to realize that his actions, every freaking single one of them, carry consequences, both good and bad.  If he realizes that, he should be fine.  If not....if he, like you attempts to whitewash this as being hate on an Ozen alum or that he is being punished for a "VERY" common occurrence, then he will likely end his football career pretty soon with talent foolishly wasted.