Tony Brown

TXHORN_ET

12 minutes ago, dBerrySports said:

If you're not faulting him for taking something, you are not faulting him for, as the rules are in the NCAA right now, breaking a rule. You have to take your opinion on whether it's right or wrong to pay college players out of this. That has absolutely nothing to do with it. If Tony knowingly took an impermissible benefit, then he broke a rule and will be punished. Whether or not he should be paid is irrelevant to this.

There are rules in plenty different parts of life that you and I have to deal with that I'm sure we don't like and would like to change. But you can't break the rule and then pretend like it's okay because it's a bad rule. I'm neutral on kids getting paid, if it happens, cool. If not, okay. But the fact is, right NOW, it's not happening.

I'm missing your point when did I ever say he didn't break a rule and didn't need to be punished...I never said he shouldn't be punished however, do I blame he for what he done IF he indeed did do it? NO! If you would read this entire thread you'd know where I'm coming from, it's folks on here that go out there way to make it seem like TB is some type of trouble maker and we all know this is not the case. 

6 hours ago, baddog said:

Maybe Mr. Brown could bring his SAT scores and fill out a college entrance form and get his education that way. It's what all non- athletes have to do unless they are super intelligent. Oh yeah, and they have to pay their way. Poor Mr. Brown.

Well seeing that he graduated high school with almost a 4.0 GPA that wouldn't be an issue and with those grades he'd still get his school paid for as a normal student. BTW non-athletes don't have to go to wake up and go to class, practice, meetings, study hall etc so please stop trying to compare the two etc so please stop trying to compare the two cause we all know they aren't the same. 

6 hours ago, ozensfinest said:

Well seeing that he graduated high school with almost a 4.0 GPA that wouldn't be an issue and with those grades he'd still get his school paid for as a normal student. BTW non-athletes don't have to go to wake up and go to class, practice, meetings, study hall etc so please stop trying to compare the two etc so please stop trying to compare the two cause we all know they aren't the same. 

You couldn't be more wrong.  Non-athletes do have to wake up and go to class.  That's why they are in school in the first place.  Go to class to get a degree.  Now, if you want to talk about meetings and practice, you are right.  Non-athletes do not have meetings and practice.  However, they do have these things called jobs.  How about going to class from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm then work from 2:00 pm to 8:00 pm or later?  These jobs are how non-athletes pay their way through school since they are not receiving $41,000 a year in scholarships.  Find me another 18-22 year old, without a college degree, that is pulling in $41,000 a year.  

9 hours ago, dBerrySports said:

If you're not faulting him for taking something, you are not faulting him for, as the rules are in the NCAA right now, breaking a rule. You have to take your opinion on whether it's right or wrong to pay college players out of this. That has absolutely nothing to do with it. If Tony knowingly took an impermissible benefit, then he broke a rule and will be punished. Whether or not he should be paid is irrelevant to this.

There are rules in plenty different parts of life that you and I have to deal with that I'm sure we don't like and would like to change. But you can't break the rule and then pretend like it's okay because it's a bad rule. I'm neutral on kids getting paid, if it happens, cool. If not, okay. But the fact is, right NOW, it's not happening.

So do you get mad at the trooper for giving you a ticket on I-10?

11 hours ago, Ty Cobb said:

You couldn't be more wrong.  Non-athletes do have to wake up and go to class.  That's why they are in school in the first place.  Go to class to get a degree.  Now, if you want to talk about meetings and practice, you are right.  Non-athletes do not have meetings and practice.  However, they do have these things called jobs.  How about going to class from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm then work from 2:00 pm to 8:00 pm or later?  These jobs are how non-athletes pay their way through school since they are not receiving $41,000 a year in scholarships.  Find me another 18-22 year old, without a college degree, that is pulling in $41,000 a year.  

Lol I doubt there is many students at bama that have to work to pay their way through school and we all know if it is that money their making working part time not paying that tuition at bama nice try though.....