DuBois to Bridge City

Working for the same school you graduated from, and being the head man in charge is everybodys dream Like the saying "You'll always end up back home one way or another"

Working at the same school you went to growing up (especially if small town) is stupid. I couldn't imagine anything worse than coaching kids of guys you grew up with. Dream? Sounds like a nightmare to me.

By the way...I knew he would leave. Just thought it would be to a bigger, higher paying school district.

Working at the same school you went to growing up (especially if small town) is stupid. I couldn't imagine anything worse than coaching kids of guys you grew up with. Dream? Sounds like a nightmare to me.

By the way...I knew he would leave. Just thought it would be to a bigger, higher paying school district.

Well it's all about how you approach the situation. If you come in your old school all nice and friendly be prepared to be ran out of town. If you come in with a business attitude and mindset of educating the student athletes only. You will be tenured at the school. Food for thought "OLDSCHOOL2"

I couldn't agree more. Guys that used to be your friends will turn on you quickly when you don't play their kids. I've seen it happen too many times...Coach Dubois' phone will be ringing off the hook. "Hey ole buddy ole pal, we go way back. How bout you give my boy a chance at QB this year?" Coach Dubois is obviously a great coach, and could've probably gotten any of a number of jobs across the state; this is a prime example of it being more important where one lives than where one works.

I think BC is a slightly bigger and higher paying district.

I wonder if the people in Sour Lake realize what they just lost?

I am quite certain those intimately acquainted with the football program know exactly what they lost. It really is fair in the grand scheme of things. They have, after all, had a living legend, Todd Sutherland, as their long time basketball coach and were able to replace him with Clay Davis, who is no doubt one of the best coaches in this area in his own right. I equate it with the Colts getting to replace Peyton Manning with Andrew Luck.

The good news is Dubois has established a great program there. Just have to find the right replacement to continue his work...

I am quite certain those intimately acquainted with the football program know exactly what they lost. It really is fair in the grand scheme of things. They have, after all, had a living legend, Todd Sutherland, as their long time basketball coach and were able to replace him with Clay Davis, who is no doubt one of the best coaches in this area in his own right. I equate it with the Colts getting to replace Peyton Manning with Andrew Luck.

The good news is Dubois has established a great program there. Just have to find the right replacement to continue his work...

Like Todd, he has been grooming people on his staff to take over for him. It could be a short turn around if the administration chooses to go that way.

That's the NFL and this is the UIL. Nobody will be able to replace Dubois or Sutherland. The assistant coaches might have a the same system, but as decision making and making adjustments that's no comparison.

That's the NFL and this is the UIL. Nobody will be able to replace Dubois or Sutherland. The assistant coaches might have a the same system, but as decision making and making adjustments that's no comparison.

Thanks for the breaking news with your first sentence there. As for the second, I agree both are very tough to replace. However, you seem to not know much about Coach Davis. You will. I predict he will enjoy a long and VERY successful career there. He, like Dubois now, is "home". And he is one heck of a basketball coach.

Thanks for the breaking news with your first sentence there. As for the second, I agree both are very tough to replace. However, you seem to not know much about Coach Davis. You will. I predict he will enjoy a long and VERY successful career there. He, like Dubois now, is "home". And he is one heck of a basketball coach.

Sure!

Dubois is a home run for BC. People were mocking the list of applicants and all the while it was well thought the Cardinals would land him. No matter now what all went on in the past because that's over with, I wish Coach Dubois all the best and think he's a guy the entire BC community can stand behind and not be divided over.

He's referring to the schools major upgrade in coach not the coach upgrading in schools but saying that BC is a down grade is very ignorant. BC with the right coach witch I believe they have will be much improved.

I'm not sure who said BC was a downgrade?? They appear to be very comparable situations.

[quote name="Mpadgett" post="1625360" timestamp="1421546032"]

[quote name="Chris17" post="1625244" timestamp="1421519650"]The pay should be better and they have stadium to put the visitors in.[/quote
Not sure why the pay would be better but thanks for clarification.[/quote]
The pay would be better because it would be more money. Usually people view more money as better.