how many teams have you played that are in the playoffs now

skipper

Not a fair question for anyone 4A and below since just about everyone gets in!!!

Let's do some basic math.  5A has 32 districts with 4 schools getting in from each district....that is 128 teams getting in from 5A.  In 4A, 16 Division I district with 4 schools getting in from each district...that is 64 teams.  16 4A, Division II districts with 4 schools getting in from each district...that is 64 teams.  Add 64 and 64 and guess what number you get....128.

Good one Grad. I was about to reply to badndn's post with that same math equation but you beat me to it.

Same amount of playoff teams come from 6A thru 3A. 2A only sends three teams per district.

any idea what the total number of teams in each classification is? I know i could go count, but hate to do that if the number is out there.

Let's do some basic math.  5A has 32 districts with 4 schools getting in from each district....that is 128 teams getting in from 5A.  In 4A, 16 Division I district with 4 schools getting in from each district...that is 64 teams.  16 4A, Division II districts with 4 schools getting in from each district...that is 64 teams.  Add 64 and 64 and guess what number you get....128.

adding to that.... I'm sure I could have miscounted, but ... I counted 181 total teams in 4A and 253 total teams in 5A.

adding to that.... I'm sure I could have miscounted, but ... I counted 181 total teams in 4A and 253 total teams in 5A.

Bingo!!!

Not so basic math says:

53% of the 3A schools got in.

51% of the 4A schools got in.

71% of the 4A schools get in.

51% of the 5A schools get in.

Point made.