Thoughts on Your Team's First Scrimmage?

RedJollyRoger

I thought Vidor looked good especially on offense, quick off the ball, ball carriers are hard nosed and hard to bring down and had alot of YAC unlike the past few years. QB threw about 6 or 7 passes and only had a few incompletions. He also has great vision and very speedy. But had some miscues with false starts and fumbles which was expected in the first scrimmage. Defense looked salty like expected, Buna scored on a long pass play on their second drive. I don't think they crossed the 50 yard line maybe twice all night. But WOS will be a much better measuring stick next week! 

I only caught the last half of the live quarter for the Ned game.  Offense looked pretty good, there were a  few mistakes (overthrown or underthrown balls, possible wrong routes run.)  The D-line and O-line looked good, big boys on both sides. The D will be tough, they get to the QB and swarm the ball, they recovered at least one fumble that I saw.  The secondary needs some work, but I am not sure if it was first team still playing or if it was backups when I was there.

2 hours ago, Bigdog said:

I only caught the last half of the live quarter for the Ned game.  Offense looked pretty good, there were a  few mistakes (overthrown or underthrown balls, possible wrong routes run.)  The D-line and O-line looked good, big boys on both sides. The D will be tough, they get to the QB and swarm the ball, they recovered at least one fumble that I saw.  The secondary needs some work, but I am not sure if it was first team still playing or if it was backups when I was there.

We have a lot of work to do. There is a HUGE drop off in our running game from what we’ve been used to the last several years from what I saw last night.

1 minute ago, pakronos said:

I don't care if its a scrimmage or the state championship...IF YOU CANT MOVE THE BALL, YOU WON'T WIN MANY BALL GAMES OR GET OUT THE FIRST RD.....EVER!!!!

PAM looks like poo....on a stick........with flies.....................angry biting flies!!!

Wow. Hopefully they will get better as the season goes on

in the words of the worlds best friend Big D...."we are smoke and mirrors".... most of the games last year were won on mistake lol. the other team for a change didn't have killer instinct. haven't been out the first rd in two years....i KNOW we don't have a true running game. sorry the qb shouldn't be your rb!!

32 minutes ago, pakronos said:

in the words of the worlds best friend Big D...."we are smoke and mirrors".... most of the games last year were won on mistake lol. the other team for a change didn't have killer instinct. haven't been out the first rd in two years....i KNOW we don't have a true running game. sorry the qb shouldn't be your rb!!

1.  it was WB

2.  the QB couldn't run

3.  They played a gang of sophomores during the Varsity portion which some of those kids maybe played in the JV portion.  If I were a WB fan, I'd be slightly concerned they didn't do more damage

3 minutes ago, Austin1985 said:

1.  it was WB

2.  the QB couldn't run

3.  They played a gang of sophomores during the Varsity portion which some of those kids maybe played in the JV portion.  If I were a WB fan, I'd be slightly concerned they didn't do more damage

Exactly. I'd be worried if Memorial went out there and played like world-beaters, that usually leads to an average or worse season going down the road. (2014 and 15 comes to mind)

Got Nederland next week for our 2nd scrimmage. Hopefully in this one the offense is opened up more. 

12 hours ago, Austin1985 said:

1.  it was WB

2.  the QB couldn't run

WB is fine. They actually looked really good on defense. The offense had a couple of drops, miscues, and Bryce could have had couple easy rushing TDs had this been a real game. The Bruins are breaking in an entirely new coaching staff and new schemes on both side of the ball.

12 hours ago, pakronos said:

No. 28 is a monster at RB for the Titans. PAM will be fine. There's not a team in that district that's going to stop that kid.