Thoughts on Your Team's First Scrimmage?

RedJollyRoger

6 hours ago, Reagan said:

I heard Bridge City spanked Lumberton pretty good.  Did anyone see this one?

I believe BC had 3 scores and Lumberton with 1. I saw some things I liked, but also some things that still need work. Two of the scores for BC were on long passes. BC defense had several big 3rd down stops. Oline has to play better. We are missing a huge piece from last season, but the new guys have to step up. I don't think I'll make it to the LCM scrimmage this week, dang Thursday night curveball

On 8/14/2021 at 2:06 PM, jake94 said:

We have a lot of work to do. There is a HUGE drop off in our running game from what we’ve been used to the last several years from what I saw last night.

I saw one RB break a couple of good runs, but like I said , I didn't see much of the scrimmage and have no idea if it was starters or backups.

On 8/14/2021 at 5:10 PM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Exactly. I'd be worried if Memorial went out there and played like world-beaters, that usually leads to an average or worse season going down the road. (2014 and 15 comes to mind)

Got Nederland next week for our 2nd scrimmage. Hopefully in this one the offense is opened up more. 

I remember Hines junior year, they was killing people in a scrimmage and look at that year. When Bambi was a freshman I watched them scrimmage atascocita, they could not move the ball and was complete trash that year… just an observation 

35 minutes ago, pakronos said:

I remember Hines junior year, they was killing people in a scrimmage and look at that year. When Bambi was a freshman I watched them scrimmage atascocita, they could not move the ball and was complete trash that year… just an observation 

Wrong. Hines JR year with Pearland was average. Lil Tex actually went to that scrimmage for a few that's how I know.

When they scrimmaged Atascocita with Harrison at QB they literally ran over them with Martin and Dauphine, there's actually news footage to prove that.

I know your thoughts on the Memorial program and why though most of it is on a personal level between you and someone else, just don't let that cloud your judgement. 

On 8/17/2021 at 4:46 PM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Wrong. Hines JR year with Pearland was average. Lil Tex actually went to that scrimmage for a few that's how I know.

When they scrimmaged Atascocita with Harrison at QB they literally ran over them with Martin and Dauphine, there's actually news footage to prove that.

I know your thoughts on the Memorial program and why though most of it is on a personal level between you and someone else, just don't let that cloud your judgement. 

the scrimmage with atascocita that was in humble, THEY DID NOT MOVE SQUAT AND BAMBI WAS A FRESHMAN!! I went to the Pearland scrimmage and Hines was doing whatever he wanted, easily!!