West Orange Stark vs Silsbee

tennisbc

The score will be whatever it will be! To be honest this really isn't a rivalry game for WOS anymore! Silsbee folks hype it up yet fall short again and again! Yes they beat WOS years ago but this matchup isn't The same anymore! Hopefully there's no extracurricular  BS like during basketball season between the two teams! Silsbee will get beat for Homecoming and that's a dang shame!

40 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

No if Silsbee beats WO-S this Friday. I wonder what the 'this is no rivalry anymore' folk will say.  

And on a side note, even with Silsbee missing the player on offense and defense has a chance for the upset.  Just need a game plan to keep the Mustang QB in the pocket and not run free...

Even with a Silsbee win it's not a rivalry lol

12 minutes ago, wo-s#1 said:

Teams don't "keep"putting wos for homecoming,I can't remember the last time it happened....btw wos may get the w but it will be closer than some on here think!

In Silsbee's case this season, they really had no choice in having the WO-S game as it's homecoming game. Silsbee has only 4 home games this season (actually 3 due to Harvey). Week 1 had PN-G coming to town. No one has homecoming in week 1. Week 5 is WO-S. Week 9 and Week 11 are Bridge City and Cleveland. The school district didn't want to wait that long in the season for homecoming (Oct. 27 & Nov. 10). The BC game is Middle School night and Pink Out. Cleveland game is Senior night. So really the WO-S game was the only reasonable choice.

But, as for Silsbee Homecomings go, it's never been about the opponent. It's always been about what date on the schedule works best for the school and the community.

The fact that this is not a "rivalry" game means precious little to me.  I truly doubt that the coaching that either Cornel Thompson or Randy Smith will be any less intense because some of us don't consider each other "rivals."  And come Friday, I doubt that fact will cause any less effort by either the Mustangs or the Tigers.

I for one, am glad to have a quality team like Silsbee on the Mustangs' schedule.  The last couple of seasons notwithstanding, the ballgames between the two schools have usually been a pretty tightly contested affair.  Second, I am glad to see at least one team, among a schedule of increasingly run heavy teams, that spends a good bit of time putting the ball in the air.  The Mustangs will definitely need such tests and reps to get where all of us Stang fans want them to be around Christmas time.

Finally, it appears that Silbee is joining WO-S as the team that nobody wants to play.  My understanding is that Smith tried at least 3 other teams, all significantly larger than Silsbee, in an effort to regain a lost game.  All said no.  WO-S fans can sympathize.

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

In Silsbee's case this season, they really had no choice in having the WO-S game as it's homecoming game. Silsbee has only 4 home games this season (actually 3 due to Harvey). Week 1 had PN-G coming to town. No one has homecoming in week 1. Week 5 is WO-S. Week 9 and Week 11 are Bridge City and Cleveland. The school district didn't want to wait that long in the season for homecoming (Oct. 27 & Nov. 10). The BC game is Middle School night and Pink Out. Cleveland game is Senior night. So really the WO-S game was the only reasonable choice.

But, as for Silsbee Homecomings go, it's never been about the opponent. It's always been about what date on the schedule works best for the school and the community.

Aaw, I can roll with you this ONE time.  In this case, you're right in why WO-S is the homecoming opponent win the lack of Home games this year...

But you know my views on scheduling the homecoming opponent.  Lol

15 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Aaw, I can roll with you this ONE time.  In this case, you're right in why WO-S is the homecoming opponent win the lack of Home games this year...

But you know my views on scheduling the homecoming opponent.  Lol

And you can certainly have those views when it comes to your Jaguars and other teams.

Being a life long Silsbee Tiger, seeing Tiger homecoming games for 50 years, being involved with the school admins and coaches and learning over the years how the system works, I can say with 100% certainty that the date has much more to do with when homecoming is than what opponent it may be. That's just fact, not opinion.

5 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

And you can certainly have those views when it comes to your Jaguars and other teams.

Being a life long Silsbee Tiger, seeing Tiger homecoming games for 50 years, being involved with the school admins and coaches and learning over the years how the system works, I can say with 100% certainty that the date has much more to do with when homecoming is than what opponent it may be. That's just fact, not opinion.

50 years??? Man, I thought you were only like 40 years old??? (Insert smiley devil face emoji) lol!!!