Crosby v. Vidor (Stallworth 7pm 11/10)

Cougtalk

Well Crosby, we get a home game. Defense plays like it has the past couple of games and I think we handle business. Crosby has to control their personal fouls in this game though, nothing having a team in a punting situation and giving them a first down to continue a drive. 

A revenge game might not be the right name for it sbut nice it's completely different characters but this one is going to feel good. 

13 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Well Crosby, we get a home game. Defense plays like it has the past couple of games and I think we handle business. Crosby has to control their personal fouls in this game though, nothing having a team in a punting situation and giving them a first down to continue a drive. 

A revenge game might not be the right name for it sbut nice it's completely different characters but this one is going to feel good. 

Got it all figured out how you're gonna stop our offense because you played Splendora? How about the fact that Barbie's Hill beat us the first game? What about playing PNG at the Rez? I think you better talk with PAM about your statistics. Not gonna feel good once we smack y'all. BTW, I believe we've played more at Stallworth than you the last few years. Perfectly fine with playing there.

13 minutes ago, robanadana said:

Got it all figured out how you're gonna stop our offense because you played Splendora? How about the fact that Barbie's Hill beat us the first game? What about playing PNG at the Rez? I think you better talk with PAM about your statistics. Not gonna feel good once we smack y'all. BTW, I believe we've played more at Stallworth than you the last few years. Perfectly fine with playing there.

Will be a tough win for Code Red. No chest thumping here. I believe Vidor is Pho Reehl

5 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Crosby will be having flashbacks of #23 Quirante at QB and the Vidor rushing attack coming towards them at full force! But it won't be old visions of the past, it will be reality smacking them in the face again. Lets hope for a good game, see you there Pirate fans!

3 minutes ago, indianforever said:

Give me vidor by 14

Yep. Just hoping we don't get blown out!!! 

6 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Crosby will be having flashbacks of #23 Quirante at QB and the Vidor rushing attack coming towards them at full force! But it won't be old visions of the past, it will be reality smacking them in the face again. Lets hope for a good game, see you there Pirate fans!

6 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

I doubt any of these kids will be having flashbacks from six years ago.  

19 minutes ago, robanadana said:

Like I said, good win tonight for you boys. I can sense your excitement. I think you're going to walk out of Stallworh stadium knowing you definitely weren't on the field with BH, PNG or PAM.  After Vidor's win tonight I expect the Pirates to give Crosby everything they can handle.

I also think when Crosby puts it all together there aren't many in D2 I believe can beat us. I do believe this game would possibly be tougher than the 2nd round game though. I can respect that Crosby would have an 8 consecutive year bi-district winning streak if it wasn't broken up by Vidor in 2011. 

All I can tell you is this ain't Flannigan's Crosby. 

5 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Like I said, good win tonight for you boys. I can sense your excitement. I think you're going to walk out of Stallworh stadium knowing you definitely weren't on the field with BH, PNG or PAM.  After Vidor's win tonight I expect the Pirates to give Crosby everything they can handle.

I also think when Crosby puts it all together there aren't many in D2 I believe can beat us. I do believe this game would possibly be tougher than the 2nd round game though. I can respect that Crosby would have an 8 consecutive year bi-district winning streak if it wasn't broken up by Vidor in 2011. 

All I can tell you is this ain't Flannigan's Crosby. 

Sure would be embarrassing to lose to a team that averages 3 pass attempts a game and runs a gimmick offense.

34 minutes ago, easttexiasbias said:

Remember when everyone thought this would be a sweep and now everyone thinks vidor,png, & memorial will win.  lol. I love this time of year

Who is everyone? I don't really see anybody on this side of the river relaying that sentiment. I personally think we go 3-1. 

8 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

The NO MORE RUNNING game....  literally...

And 14.2, you know I won't let you live this down if y'all come up short against the Pirates....  again....

Just like Jayhawk pointed out, playoff games are about matchups. Vidor is an all-run squad and Crosby specializes in playing run defense. Vidor got four extra possessions on lost fumbles, another extra possession on an onside kick recovery yet were only up three points halfway through the fourth.

If we can stay away from the turnovers and personal fouls I think you might see this defense put together a performance like they did against Port Lavaca's slot-t a couple of years ago. 

5 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Just like Jayhawk pointed out, playoff games are about matchups. Vidor is an all-run squad and Crosby specializes in playing run defense. Vidor got four extra possessions on lost fumbles, another extra possession on an onside kick recovery yet were only up three points halfway through the fourth.

If we can stay away from the turnovers and personal fouls I think you might see this defense put together a performance like they did against Port Lavaca's slot-t a couple of years ago. 

Agree. But that's Vidors game. If you make mistakes they'll take the ball and keep it away from you. Can't give away possessions. 

39 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Yea you know it all. What happen to your expert analysis on what was gonna happen between Vidor - Memorial game. Keep chirping!