Crosby v. Vidor (Stallworth 7pm 11/10)

Cougtalk

1 hour ago, Red Dawn said:

Agree. But that's Vidors game. If you make mistakes they'll take the ball and keep it away from you. Can't give away possessions. 

If we give away four fumbles we're probably going to lose to a lot of teams, not just Vidor. Last time we lost we gave away possessions and compounded it with 100 yards in penalties which scares me with this team. Another 10 penalty for 100 yards night for Crosby against New Caney.  

Watch the video I just posted on a new thread if you wanna know why our kids are good this year. They have been playing together since they were babies and Mathews has been right there with them since the beginning. ANY team that wants the winning formula, that's how it's done. Crosby vs. Vidor will be the best game of bi-district. The difference won't be their defense vs. our offense. It will be our defense vs. their offense. We're gonna score; we run that offense BETTER THAN ANYONE IN THE STATE! (yes, I just said that). If our defense gives the same performance as they gave against PAM, we win. If not, gonna be a lot of scoring and who has the ball last.

22 minutes ago, robanadana said:

Watch the video I just posted on a new thread if you wanna know why our kids are good this year. They have been playing together since they were babies and Mathews has been right there with them since the beginning. ANY team that wants the winning formula, that's how it's done. Crosby vs. Vidor will be the best game of bi-district. The difference won't be their defense vs. our offense. It will be our defense vs. their offense. We're gonna score; we run that offense BETTER THAN ANYONE IN THE STATE! (yes, I just said that). If our defense gives the same performance as they gave against PAM, we win. If not, gonna be a lot of scoring and who has the ball last.

And our kids haven't played together and grown under Riordan's guidance? 

Good kids on both sides of the ball. Two good communities. Two coaching staffs that work hard for their kids. 

Will be a fun night. I just don't think there's any need to share that "secret recipe". 

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

If we give away four fumbles we're probably going to lose to a lot of teams, not just Vidor. Last time we lost we gave away possessions and compounded it with 100 yards in penalties which scares me with this team. Another 10 penalty for 100 yards night for Crosby against New Caney.  

+1

Limit penalties

Limit turnovers

Play good defense 

Offense peaks

Play a long time

1 hour ago, Red Dawn said:

Good kids on both sides of the ball. Two good communities. Two coaching staffs that work hard for their kids. 

Will be a fun night. I just don't think there's any need to share that "secret recipe". 

Well put Red Dawn.  I suspect it'll be a great, close game.  Kind of ho-hum for the Cougars, but this is big stuff for the Pirates.  I can bet the Vidor side will have a big crowd, with all the football happy Vidorians, and many others from 22-5A.  Be plenty of black & gold from Vidor and Ned, and purple from PNG (and Dayton? Lol), and some maroon Jags, and red from Ltown.  If Crosby side matches, the stands will be pretty durn full.

I went to the Crosby vs New Caney game last night. Crosby is good but they need to remove Netherly if he's hurt. To be honest the defense made stops when needed and saved a potential loss last night. Well the refs called a block in the back on a Crosby TD that was straight BS as well. Crosby is dangerous none the less and can make some noise. New Caney is a good team IMO... but those DB's can't stop the pass at all. 

I haven't seen Vidor but last night they beat a very athletic team that is possibly under coached to say the least. I would not be surprised if their ball control offense puts them over the top. Wing T/Slot T is very hard to stop when it gets rolling... plus it kills the clock and keeps Crosby weapons off the field. Vidors confidence is sky high right now. 

Should be a GREAT GAME!! Hard to call it!

9 minutes ago, REBgp said:

Well put Red Dawn.  I suspect it'll be a great, close game.  Kind of ho-hum for the Cougars, but this is big stuff for the Pirates.  I can bet the Vidor side will have a big crowd, with all the football happy Vidorians, and many others from 22-5A.  Be plenty of black & gold from Vidor and Ned, and purple from PNG (and Dayton? Lol), and some maroon Jags, and red from Ltown.  If Crosby side matches, the stands will be pretty durn full.

1) Not ho-hum for the Cougars. Vidor beat us last meeting and Vidor is 22-5A district champ. Crosby is far from taking the Pirates for granted. 

2) Cougar Nation will show up. Significantly larger crowd on visitors side last night at Texan Drive Stadium. Will be lots of Red in Stallworth. Vidor is not only community supporting their kids. 

I'm gonna do my best to make this game. At the beginning of the year I laughed at the thought of Vidor having any chance to make the playoffs this year. I watched them play central and became a believer/fan very quickly.

Their running backs very rarely go down at first contact, or even second contact for that matter. They play hard and tough. And Rob is right, they run this offense probably better than anyone in the state. This is their year, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if they make a good run. Coaches know that their best defensive scheme is to keep the other offense off the field, and that's what they do and they do it well. 

2 hours ago, Red Dawn said:

Not up to me to talk about Cosby's kids and don't really care if you like the secret recipe or not. Got a good one for crow gumbo if you want it. Been listening to y'alls' crud and talking down my team all year long. Keep barking nederville west.

14 minutes ago, robanadana said:

Not up to me to talk about Cosby's kids and don't really care if you like the secret recipe or not. Got a good one for crow gumbo if you want it. Been listening to y'alls' crud and talking down my team all year long. Keep barking nederville west.

no talking Vidor down. Quality team. Just don't try to act like your kids are the only ones that play hard for each other and has a coach that cares about them  

I've paid my respect to the Pirates consistently. Y'all beat us last time. I'd say it's Crosby that has something to prove.  Not Vidor.  You're the one slinging insults and name calling  

Two district champions getting after it on Thursday. Should be a good battle. 

2 hours ago, robanadana said:

You guys may score but it won't be much. I doubt PAM has our speed on both sides of the ball. Get ready to be hit hard and often! 

4 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Just like Jayhawk pointed out, playoff games are about matchups. Vidor is an all-run squad and Crosby specializes in playing run defense. Vidor got four extra possessions on lost fumbles, another extra possession on an onside kick recovery yet were only up three points halfway through the fourth.

If we can stay away from the turnovers and personal fouls I think you might see this defense put together a performance like they did against Port Lavaca's slot-t a couple of years ago. 

Id add that the team that beat them PNG runs an offense somewhat similar to the Cougars. Hay I didn't think they could be PAM so they must be pretty decent. #noeasywins

5 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

I'm pretty sure PAM could match yalls speed... this argument sounds strangely familiar.. I think we read this from memorial fans all week lol

Meh I think that's poor analysis from both. 

1) it's not about having speed it's about how you use it. 

2) I feel PAM was over confident Vidor got a big lead and PAM didn't have enough time to come back. (Got out coached.) 

3) the bad analysis from others is that this game will be about speed. It won't be I think the cougar defense is the lynchpin of this team. If the Cougars can control the line of scrimmage like they have this will be a W.