Crosby v. Vidor (Stallworth 7pm 11/10)

Cougtalk

9 hours ago, jayhawk said:

This should be a good game but I think Vidor's strength ( run offense) plays right into Crosby's strength (run defense) - Crosby's d-line is athletic & fast and will give Vidor fits. If Vidor can't hang in the first half it might get ugly in the second half.

Memorials D-Line was athletic & fast too but we shall see.

4 hours ago, Red Dawn said:

no talking Vidor down. Quality team. Just don't try to act like your kids are the only ones that play hard for each other and has a coach that cares about them  

I've paid my respect to the Pirates consistently. Y'all beat us last time. I'd say it's Crosby that has something to prove.  Not Vidor.  You're the one slinging insults and name calling  

Two district champions getting after it on Thursday. Should be a good battle. 

Red Dawn I think he's confusing you with 14.2. Rob is good guy. But I have to admit 14.2 has belittled our town & team all year long acting like a donkey. You have given Vidor respect through out the year. Hoping for a good injury free game.

4 hours ago, CCRed said:

Probably right.  If we do happen to win, will we get a special trophy engraved that we just beat the "best offense in Texas" ?  Wait, BH or PNG might have that one already this year.

I believe he said Vidor runs the slot - T better than any one in the state. Nobody from Vidor believes we have the best offense in the state. Come on Man, Really.

5 minutes ago, Red Dawn said:

Dang. This worries me. Our DBs have speed and are good at pass coverage but they aren't very physical. 

Just saying we average 3 pass attempts a game. We hardly every send a wide receiver out wide. So it forces the DBs to pretty much play a linebacker role. Not trying to talk tough it's just a fact.

6 minutes ago, Realville said:

I believe he said Vidor runs the slot - T better than any one in the state. Nobody from Vidor believes we have the best offense in the state. Come on Man, Really.

You are correct. CCRed misquoted. The statement was that Vidor runs the Slot T better than anyone in the State. I hope Crosby can stop the run better than they have been. 

3 minutes ago, Realville said:

Just saying we average 3 pass attempts a game. We hardly every send a wide receiver out wide. So it forces the DBs to pretty much play a linebacker role. Not trying to talk tough it's just a fact.

Is a different kind of defense needed when you have to come up and play the run everydowm. It can wear a defense down that counts on speed over physicality. Hope our speed only DBs can hold up to the pounding. 

3 hours ago, Red Dawn said:

You need to understand how track works. A few fast kids con vault you to a state championship.  Being good at track is great. I'd take it over not being good at track. But it doesn't always translate to 22 players having great fb team speed. 

But your prob right. Crosby prob not as talented as PAM. Not as much heart as PAM. Not as well coached as PAM. 

If I were Vidor I'd be prepping for round 2. 

Alright Red Dawn your starting to lose some credibility with me. Vidor is very aware of how talented of football team Crosby has , now your talking stupid. 

21 minutes ago, Realville said:

Red Dawn I think he's confusing you with 14.2. Rob is good guy. But I have to admit 14.2 has belittled our town & team all year long acting like a donkey. You have given Vidor respect through out the year. Hoping for a good injury free game.

Belittle your town? If I'm not mistaken it was someone from Vidor who said something about trailers. I want you to go all the way back to threads at the beginning on the year and see how many times someone makes inferences about Crosby before I ever say anything. People that get sensitive or are really bothered by things are usually because those things are true.

For instance, Rob's trailer comment is probably laughable to most Crosby people and got blown over but if I were to say that to someone from Vidor they would feel like you're trying to stereotype them. Me not praising their football team has nothing to do with belittling a town. Stop being so sensitive dude. Hope for an injury free game too, maybe Craig Willimas even plays in this one. 

8 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Belittle your town? If I'm not mistaken it was someone from Vidor who said something about trailers. I want you to go all the way back to threads at the beginning on the year and see how many times someone makes inferences about Crosby before I ever say anything. People that get sensitive or are really bothered by things are usually because those things are true.

For instance, Rob's trailer comment is probably laughable to most Crosby people and got blown over but if I were to say that to someone from Vidor they would feel like you're trying to stereotype them. Me not praising their football team has nothing to do with belittling a town. Stop being so sensitive dude. Hope for an injury free game too, maybe Craig Willimas even plays in this one. 

The statistical Donkey is awake. The only reason I say that is because you can't have an objective conversation with him. 

21 minutes ago, Red Dawn said:

Dang. This worries me. Our DBs have speed and are good at pass coverage but they aren't very physical. 

Dang, you don't think Tay'lor Perry and Johnny Harper are physical? They've been sending players to the sideline all year. I think Gray-Brooks is pretty salty too. Maybe the other kid isn't as physical but he had a game stopping hit against Humble where I'm not sure if the player came back in and he probably had the hardest hit of the game against New Caney that made it 3rd and 5 I believe. I would also throw Alec Lewis in there who probably leads the district in sacks from the rover position. I thought pass coverage was where we struggled in games like Dayton and Porter where we gave up multiple tds through the air. 

6 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Dang, you don't think Tay'lor Perry and Johnny Harper are physical? They've been sending players to the sideline all year. I think Gray-Brooks is pretty salty too. Maybe the other kid isn't as physical but he had a game stopping hit against Humble where I'm not sure if the player came back in and he probably had the hardest hit of the game against New Caney that made it 3rd and 5 I believe. I would also throw Alec Lewis in there who probably leads the district in sacks from the rover position. I thought pass coverage was where we struggled in games like Dayton and Porter where we gave up multiple tds through the air. 

Definitely pass coverage. You know how many rushing TD's we gave up this season?

18 minutes ago, Realville said:

Alright Red Dawn your starting to lose some credibility with me. Vidor is very aware of how talented of football team Crosby has , now your talking stupid. 

10-4. I'll quit messing with you all. I know you all are fired up but I got fed up with reading how your kids play for each, how much your coach cares about them and this being the secret to success. As if we just roll out a bunch of athletes that don't work hard and love each other and play for a coach they respect and love. I found that very disrespectful. Not bc your proud of your kids but bc of the insinuation that Vidor has the monopoly on good kids and caring coaches.

My honest opinion is that I think Crosby wins this game. I think our run defense will make things difficult for the slot T. I do agree that Vidor runs it very well tho and your kids play very hard. If Crosby gives away possessions (penalties, turnovers, onside kicks) & our offense doesn't execute better, Vidor can win this game. Basically, like I've said this will be an epic battle. 

I hope for several things:

1) A good, clean game that can help to heal some of the historical wounds between these two great communities. 

2) Safe travels for all to Stallworth

3) That both team's fans understand that both teams coach's and players have sacrificed blood, sweat and tears to get to this point.

4) That everyone remembers that these are kids and we should support them, not criticize them. 

5) BTH out of the Vidor Pirates. 

12 minutes ago, Realville said:

The statistical Donkey is awake. The only reason I say that is because you can't have an objective conversation with him. 

Objective as in shoot from the hip instead of do reaearch and use data you find? Believe it or not you just don't win games because "We play hard" or "We hit people in the mouth". I choose not to look at the game that simplistically. Every poster on here can come up with your standard "Should be a good game between two good teams" post. Vidor likes to run it, Crosby likes to stop it. We'll see how those statistics work out Thursday in Baytown. 

Yes 14.2. I was just messing with the Pirate fans that said our safeties better be ready to play like linebackers. I actually laughed to myself. Our struggle has been getting our safeties to understand that they are not deep linebackers. 

Ill quit messing with the Vidorians now. 

4 minutes ago, Red Dawn said:

10-4. I'll quit messing with you all. I know you all are fired up but I got fed up with reading how your kids play for each, how much your coach cares about them and this being the secret to success. As if we just roll out a bunch of athletes that don't work hard and love each other and play for a coach they respect and love. I found that very disrespectful. Not bc your proud of your kids but bc of the insinuation that Vidor has the monopoly on good kids and caring coaches.

My honest opinion is that I think Crosby wins this game. I think our run defense will make things difficult for the slot T. I do agree that Vidor runs it very well tho and your kids play very hard. If Crosby gives away possessions (penalties, turnovers, onside kicks) & our offense doesn't execute better, Vidor can win this game. Basically, like I've said this will be an epic battle. 

I hope for several things:

1) A good, clean game that can help to heal some of the historical wounds between these two great communities. 

2) Safe travels for all to Stallworth

3) That both team's fans understand that both teams coach's and players have sacrificed blood, sweat and tears to get to this point.

4) That everyone remembers that these are kids and we should support them, not criticize them. 

5) BTH out of the Vidor Pirates. 

Great post!

I will say that many of the Crosby post are almost verbatim to many of the PAM post prior to last nights game.  And although I've never seen either team play this year, just looking at the game post, yes the Coog DB's will be doing more than their share of tackling.  What I keep hearing from those Vidor has defeated is, "we missed to many tackles".  I'd assume that's due to the hard running of the Pirates RB's.  And "our defense is fast" seems to play into the Pirates wheelhouse.  To defend the Slot T does not require speed.  It requires discipline.  The discipline to not use that great speed, but to stay home on D.  I'd bet PAM has as much speed or more than Crosby (and that's not a put down, PAM is very fast), but those fast kids couldn't stay home.  Their defense is use to attacking against today's modern O's, and it works, as I'm sure Crosby's does.  But it doesn't work against the Slot T.  If the Coog D doesn't stay at home, you probably lose.  If they do, you probably win.

30 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Objective as in shoot from the hip instead of do reaearch and use data you find? Believe it or not you just don't win games because "We play hard" or "We hit people in the mouth". I choose not to look at the game that simplistically. Every poster on here can come up with your standard "Should be a good game between two good teams" post. Vidor likes to run it, Crosby likes to stop it. We'll see how those statistics work out Thursday in Baytown. 

Agreed, I think your coming around 14.2. Should be a good game.

8 minutes ago, Red Dawn said:

Yes 14.2. I was just messing with the Pirate fans that said our safeties better be ready to play like linebackers. I actually laughed to myself. Our struggle has been getting our safeties to understand that they are not deep linebackers. 

Ill quit messing with the Vidorians now. 

Lol, good post.  Says volumes about your DB's mentality.  That'll help Crosby.

41 minutes ago, MrFleet23 said:

Anybody know how many rushing TD's Crosby gave up all year? 14.2?

For whatever reason the Chronicle isn't keeping the box scores like normal this year. It's hard to say but I do know after playing Manvel, Heights and BH the starters had only given up 1 rushing TD in the first three games. I would say starters have given up 6 or 7 rushing tds on the year without having completes stats to check.