Crosby v. Vidor (Stallworth 7pm 11/10)

Cougtalk

3 hours ago, The Last Dragon said:

This is 16 and I see you didn't mention 15 , how many rbs was close to 1000 last year with that all star offensive line ? It seems you know a lot about  Craig Williams , Mrs Williams I don't think that 10 yards a carry is accurate either and how many yards is he averaging a game , you didn't  bother mention that while you throwing stats out there? I thought Grace came back for the playoffs last year and Edwards can't be to good if he didn't get to play in the playoffs. And how many yards Craig Williams average per carry against ridge point and how many yards did he finish with ? I'm not here to blow smoke but it seems to me , your running game is not bad from what I just saw on max preps. 

Last year Williams ran for 985 yards on only 89 carries. Grace had 246 yards in the five quarters he go to play last season before he tore his ACL against Angleton where he already had 7 carries for 99 yards in the first quarter. Williams actually averaged over 11 yards per carry last season. Edwards not playing was a coach's decision, I think the way he punked Dayton and CE King showed he was good enough to play in the playoffs. You have to do it the right way if you want to play for Riordan though, it's not like Dayton.   

4 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Last year Williams ran for 985 yards on only 89 carries. Grace had 246 yards in the five quarters he go to play last season before he tore his ACL against Angleton where he already had 7 carries for 99 yards in the first quarter. Williams actually averaged over 11 yards per carry last season. Edwards not playing was a coach's decision, I think the way he punked Dayton and CE King showed he was good enough to play in the playoffs. You have to do it the right way if you want to play for Riordan though, it's not like Dayton.   

I am a firm believer in discipline. Mike and Mike had this same convo this morning, because some Jets D Lineman had to sit out a quarter for being late to team meeting and they got pounded in the run game in the 1st quarter and eventually lost. The question was do you put your best athletes on the field if they give you the best chance to win despite their issues. 

Surprisingly they said "Yes". I say no especially on the high school level. Accountability off the field equates on the field.  Thats what I liked about David Aymond at North Shore. It didn't matter how good you were if you didn't buy into the system you were gone.

12 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Didn't need it's not like Dayton comment. So no back has went over a 1000 yards since Walters from Crosby? Did Grace go over a 1000 this year? Max Preps had him at 944 prior to the New Caney game? And Edwards might have punked Us & King in your eyes but seems like y'all needed that more against ridge point 

And I didn't no it was a acl , I'm pulling for the kid , that's a serious injury to fight back from and in a years time is awesome. Leave me alone 14:2 and go win state buddy. I'm pulling for you guys and if you guys bring 21-5a back a state championship 2 rounds on me. Hopefully Williams and Netherly is healthy , I keep hearing Netherly hasn't been healthy all season but he's putting up some pretty nice numbers. 

13 minutes ago, Gurulyfe4football said:

I am a firm believer in discipline. Mike and Mike had this same convo this morning, because some Jets D Lineman had to sit out a quarter for being late to team meeting and they got pounded in the run game in the 1st quarter and eventually lost. The question was do you put your best athletes on the field if they give you the best chance to win despite their issues. 

Surprisingly they said "Yes". I say no especially on the high school level. Accountability off the field equates on the field.  Thats what I liked about David Aymond at North Shore. It didn't matter how good you were if you didn't buy into the system you were gone.

+1

2 hours ago, L-Train11 said:

I was actually asking a serious question, if there backs are THAT good or does their line not get enough credit. Obviously there backs are good.

Why does the conversation keep leading back to my team? Assuming from your post you are a Dayton fan, so if you want to play that game: The answer to your very first question, when and where is my team playing? The same place and time the Dayton broncos will be playing.

Sounds good , I'll see you there buddy. Don't be late . I believe we play each other.  And nothing personal L-Train did not know you were asking a serious question , there's a lot of sarcastic people on here , including me. But I'll see you at our game Friday. 

30 minutes ago, Gurulyfe4football said:

Did he suit up? if so the kid plays and the coaching staff could discipline him in practice all week , don't punish the rest of the team behind a bone head mistake. I believe in discipline to but I also believe in playing the player if they suit up and we will handle the problem at the right time. He is a kid , we all make mistakes but not season ending mistakes. Just my opinion. 

7 minutes ago, The Last Dragon said:

Did he suit up? if so the kid plays and the coaching could discipline him in practice all week , don't punish the rest of the team behind a bone head mistake. I believe in discipline to but I also believe in playing the player if they suit up and we will handle the problem at the right time. He is a kid , we all make mistakes but not season ending mistakes. Just my opinion. 

You don't come to practice, you don't play. 

4 minutes ago, The Last Dragon said:

Did he suit up? if so the kid plays and the coaching could discipline him in practice all week , don't punish the rest of the team behind a bone head mistake. I believe in discipline to but I also believe in playing the player if they suit up and we will handle the problem at the right time. He is a kid , we all make mistakes but not season ending mistakes. Just my opinion. 

Yes he did suit up. I agree with you on the NFL level and depending on nature of the infraction. On the high school level discipline beats talent all day. If you look at Katy they are like a machine. They are never the most talented team in the state, but everyone of those kids buy into the program from day 1.

6 minutes ago, The Last Dragon said:

I get where you coming from but Katy always have talent buddy but they also have discipline to go along with it. 

They have talent don't get me wrong but never the talent of a North Shore or Westlake. With an exception of a few kids you never hear about Katy athletes doing anything after high school.

1 hour ago, The Last Dragon said:

Sounds good , I'll see you there buddy. Don't be late . I believe we play each other.  And nothing personal L-Train did not know you were asking a serious question , there's a lot of sarcastic people on here , including me. But I'll see you at our game Friday. 

lol should be a good game :) 

On 11/5/2016 at 9:34 AM, jayhawk said:

This should be a good game but I think Vidor's strength ( run offense) plays right into Crosby's strength (run defense) - Crosby's d-line is athletic & fast and will give Vidor fits. If Vidor can't hang in the first half it might get ugly in the second half.

Athletic and fast D-Line is not going to stop Vidor's offense. You need big, strong, well-coached Defense that is committed and experienced with playing Assignment Football. I honestly don't know anything about the Crosby D but if Athletic and Fast are the two best words to describe them, then they are in trouble. 

If Crosby stuffs the middle, Vidor has try and beat crosby to the edges with the running game. I just don't see Vidor doing enough to win. If d-line pinches and clogs middle, Vidor won't beat Crosby on outside. You might see some time consuming drives by Vidor that stalls out, but then Crosby will strike fast making Vidor work against themselves due to a time consuming offense.

3 minutes ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

Athletic and fast D-Line is not going to stop Vidor's offense. You need big, strong, well-coached Defense that is committed and experienced with playing Assignment Football. I honestly don't know anything about the Crosby D but if Athletic and Fast are the two best words to describe them, then they are in trouble. 

Vidor will hang with Crosby the first half then half time adjustments will see Crosby stuffing the run. 4th quarter the clock usually Vidor's friend turns on them and panic sets in. Vidor abandons  the running game try's to air it out and goes down in flames. Crosby is on a different level than Vidor ask BH who destroyed Vidor.

53 minutes ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

We're not in trouble 

3 minutes ago, Seadog said:

Everyone still basing things off of BH @ Vidor .
Vidor has changed things up since that game and looks like a different team.
I have know doubt that Vidor would stomp BH if they met again.

And BH hasn't become a more  prolific improved team with one of the most proven coaches in the State if they play again the outcome would be the same.