PORT NECHES-GROVES VS. LITTLE CYPRESS-MAURICEVILLE BROADCAST/LCM wins 35-6!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="77" post="1292883" timestamp="1349538407"]
[quote author=bobbymcgee link=topic=104175.msg1292869#msg1292869 date=1349537571]
Out with Faircloth and bring home Todd Dodge!!!
[/quote]No way, Dodge is settin up to retire in the hill country he's not comin back this way!
[/quote]i agree, after Marble Falls wins State in a couple years he'll retire and Riley will takeover.

[quote author=bobbymcgee link=topic=104175.msg1292869#msg1292869 date=1349537571]
[/quote]No way, Dodge is settin up to retire in the hill country he's not comin back this way!
[/quote]

Just wonder what WOS could have been in the early years had Dodge not transfered.

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1292813" timestamp="1349533177"]
[quote author=Baseballswag22 link=topic=104175.msg1292120#msg1292120 date=1349491855]
I can just hear the PNG parents blaming the coaches as they have since this Senior group was in middle school. Get ready because it will be a down year in every sport at PNG! You heard here first, Faircloth WILL LEAVE after this season!
[/quote]

Note:  These are a lot of the same football  players that played STJFL a few years back, now playing high school football for PNG.

Correct, if I am wrong (which I am not)....PNG for the next several years is football poor because of the current talent pool of football players.  Back in STJFL a few years ago, PNG got whipped by Nederland and other teams to say the least for several years in a row.  I remember a game that was 55-0 and Nederland held back from scoring more, and that was one game of many for PNG. PNG could not stop us defensively and they could not move the ball on us anyway, passing or running. (Faircloth didn't coach those teams and it was terrible for PNG, then, which are a lot of your varsity players today).

The best option to improve the football team quickly is to have transfers come in for key positions. (Of course, for academic reasons or relocation).  ;D

PNG has many talented athletes but sometimes there is a drought at key positions.  This would make a difference for athletes already there.

Most importantly, the defense for PNG is what I have said all year is a big key to PNG improving.  You need to buy a couple of linebackers and size/speed would not hurt either.

I do dread MCM and am thinking of  renaming it MCS (Mid-County Sadness).  It will be terrible for PNG to face the Nederland team.  That is not being cocky, it's hoping that PNG faithful understand understand sometimes you just don't have the tools to compete.  This is one of those years for PNG.

Hope things improve for PNG.  They have a great tradition.

Go Dogs!

Also, I do hear good things from STJFL current PNG football teams.  There is hope in a few years for PNG.
[/quote]

A good coach would recognoze his talent and adjust to help them be successful. Running the spread when you do not a spread personel IMO is not good coaching. The problem with the spread is yougive your opponent to many possesions. Then add turnovers and you are looking at some losses.
I hope they adjust, MCM could get ugly. I like when the game is competative.

[quote name="Bulldog8" post="1293041" timestamp="1349551622"]
[quote author=thedogs1987 link=topic=104175.msg1292813#msg1292813 date=1349533177]
[quote author=Baseballswag22 link=topic=104175.msg1292120#msg1292120 date=1349491855]
I can just hear the PNG parents blaming the coaches as they have since this Senior group was in middle school. Get ready because it will be a down year in every sport at PNG! You heard here first, Faircloth WILL LEAVE after this season!
[/quote]

Note:  These are a lot of the same football  players that played STJFL a few years back, now playing high school football for PNG.

Correct, if I am wrong (which I am not)....PNG for the next several years is football poor because of the current talent pool of football players.  Back in STJFL a few years ago, PNG got whipped by Nederland and other teams to say the least for several years in a row.  I remember a game that was 55-0 and Nederland held back from scoring more, and that was one game of many for PNG. PNG could not stop us defensively and they could not move the ball on us anyway, passing or running. (Faircloth didn't coach those teams and it was terrible for PNG, then, which are a lot of your varsity players today).

The best option to improve the football team quickly is to have transfers come in for key positions. (Of course, for academic reasons or relocation).  ;D

PNG has many talented athletes but sometimes there is a drought at key positions.  This would make a difference for athletes already there.

Most importantly, the defense for PNG is what I have said all year is a big key to PNG improving.  You need to buy a couple of linebackers and size/speed would not hurt either.

I do dread MCM and am thinking of  renaming it MCS (Mid-County Sadness).  It will be terrible for PNG to face the Nederland team.  That is not being cocky, it's hoping that PNG faithful understand understand sometimes you just don't have the tools to compete.  This is one of those years for PNG.

Hope things improve for PNG.  They have a great tradition.

Go Dogs!

Also, I do hear good things from STJFL current PNG football teams.  There is hope in a few years for PNG.
[/quote]

A good coach would recognoze his talent and adjust to help them be successful. Running the spread when you do not a spread personel IMO is not good coaching. The problem with the spread is yougive your opponent to many possesions. Then add turnovers and you are looking at some losses.
I hope they adjust, MCM could get ugly. I like when the game is competative.
[/quote]

What would you suggest the offense do, run?

I don't see a power running game for them either.  I would utilize some athletes on defense currently more on offense,also. 

I think QB Smith could be developed to be more of an athletic running QB.  He has nice size and quickness.  They need to mix it up for him.  (Florida Tebow offense - it doesnt have to be pretty, just effective)

I agree these are coaching issues and do believe it will be tough for  PNG vs Ned.

I never go into that game confident BUT it will get ugly real fast, if PNG doesn't make adjustments.

If I were coach(which TG I am not), I would look for stiffening up of the defense for PNG.  There's got to be another kid on the sidelines who is not playing that could come and make defense plays and wants to hit somebody.  I think I'd be challenging every player if I had this team.  Telling the players I have nothing to lose, I'll try anybody in your position if you are not getting the job done.  There needs to be some old fashioned firing lighting on the reservation.

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1292422" timestamp="1349496886"]
[quote author=NDNation link=topic=104175.msg1292272#msg1292272 date=1349493927]
On my way home from the game...smh.....gotta call out my fellow Indians in the stands beside me...ridiculous the way they were yelling at our offense when they came off the field to the bench. Way to support the team.
[/quote]

Did you call them out in front of everyone?? If not, you're just as guilty.
[/quote]

My Husband and several others around us were shouting back. I always support the team, win or lose. I know everyone has obnoxious fans...but some are overboard crazy..and they seem to love sitting around me.

Not to throw fuel on the Faircloth fire but here we go..... BF's system here is a good one. I like the way he set it up. When you dive into specifics is where I take issue. Defense wins games. We haven't had a good defense since Doty's junior year. That was Burnett's trained kids. WHen you focus mainly on offense and neglect defense things go bad. Our mechanics as tacklers are horrible. If you remember Doty's senior year we won basically by outscroing our opponents. Look at Willis. We even scored 40 something points on Manvel. They just scored more. Also, last year our defense was the same way and they had some good talent on that team. Look I know you have ups and downs, but the team we have now is not this bad. They fail on some basic things, ie wrapping up and gang tackle. Talent assessment has troubled me, too. Some players just seem out of position. Now I am not trained in this but some things are just so glaring you have to wonder. If you remember last year many posters on here talking about a player named Arvie. Many fans did not understand why he didn't play more. He had proven himelf over the years and he did get a little playing time. Bertrand was a stud, I know, but it just seemed that with both on the field the defense couldn't key on just one of them. I know his offense calls for something different, but in highschool you must adjust to the talent you have. Larry Nueman does this well. Again, I am an armchair coach here, but I don't come to this with just guessing, there are those on the inside that are not armchair that wonder the same thing. I have been hearing about AJ since he was in middle school and that he has the size and speed, but just not the coordination yet and was hoping that he would catch up with his body. He was put at quarterback and did not play his junior year except a few plays. To me that is not fair to him if you expect him to be your number one guy as a senior especially with this form of offense. Should have been down on JV getting experience. But then I see him at wide receiver and he seems a natural there. 6'5' receiver with speed is a good thing. Should have been there all along. If I see this, then you would think the professionals would see this. Again, I know we are in a down year but this isn't just about this year. I am still willing to give BF a chance because he has good ideas and maybe he will adjust some of his philosophy on the defense side.

[quote name="NDNation" post="1293148" timestamp="1349561384"]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=104175.msg1292422#msg1292422 date=1349496886]
On my way home from the game...smh.....gotta call out my fellow Indians in the stands beside me...ridiculous the way they were yelling at our offense when they came off the field to the bench. Way to support the team.
[/quote]

[/quote]

My Husband and several others around us were shouting back. I always support the team, win or lose. I know everyone has obnoxious fans...but some are overboard crazy..and they seem to love sitting around me.
[/quote]That is sad if that happened. I didn't go to the game but listened to it online. I would have called them out too....their just kids people.....

[quote name="FrodoNDN" post="1293171" timestamp="1349563286"]
[quote author=NDNation link=topic=104175.msg1293148#msg1293148 date=1349561384]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=104175.msg1292422#msg1292422 date=1349496886]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]That is sad if that happened. I didn't go to the game but listened to it online. I would have called them out too....their just kids people.....
[/quote]
Yeah that's good that you called them out. No need for that. Some people don't understand that you can't win every year. I think we can all agree that this is a pretty down year for PNG so it's not meant to down them, but some fans can't handle losing when they are used to winning. Same can be said for the opposite of that (as you can clearly see on this board.) The kids practicing and playing their hearts out all week long deserve more than that...

We were unable to make this game but the hubby and I were listening to the radio. I will always cheer on the Indians weather they win or lose. This might be a down year but I will stand behind those boys on the field.  I will also cheer on our cross town rivals the Bulldogs except for MCM.

Did anyone else notice that there were hardly any penalties..a couple flags at the start and a couple at the end. Don't get me wrong..I'm all for a clean game, but usually between two competitive teams...some flags will fly. Indians not getting fired up enough...and it starts with us fans.

i could not agree more... very disappointed in PNG fans... They are great school fans... community fans... terrible football fans... as a collective group they do not seem near as interested in the game being played as they do the pride, honor ,tradition.....Not that that is a bad thing but... doesnt mean they are football fans....

[quote name="dmeast11111" post="1293741" timestamp="1349585072"]
i could not agree more... very disappointed in PNG fans... They are great school fans... community fans... terrible football fans... as a collective group they do not seem near as interested in the game being played as they do the pride, honor ,tradition.....Not that that is a bad thing but... doesnt mean they are football fans....
[/quote]

Well.... While your at it.... Why don't we just bash everything PNG. The Indian Spirit didn't dance hard enough, the Indianettes were not in sync, the band didn't play loud enough, the stadium parking is horrible, they play the fight song too much and the concession stands food isn't good.  ::) - I mean come on people. The jealously and venom spewing from your keyboards is quite comical.

They are having a down year. It happens. Still doesn't take away that many kids are giving their best each and every week and their crowds (away and home) will still out number most all of the other local teams -- even though they are having a down year.

No PNG did not have another viable QB option against LCM. Remember folks the coach you are bashing for not making adjustments and for not playing his junior QB on JV last year to get playing time for this year, well the QB that he went to the week before broke his hand so AJ had to move back to QB and the next best option is a Freshman. So the fact is AJ played well enough in a pinch against Lumberton to get another shot against LCM, but rather than have the Fish sit on the sidelines on Friday night and get no PT he had him playing on Thursday. So, shot taken...He missed...Now time to reload.
Big question now is do you play the Fish on Friday night for a few weeks until Walker comes back? This would get AJ back at WR, but could also rattle a young QB??
One other thing...the strength and conditioning at PNG today is light years ahead of where it was when Burnett was HC, for the poster that spewed that crap earlier.
BRANDON FAIRCLOTH IS NOT THE PROBLEM with PNG football this season!!! There are a handful of local good ole boy supporters out there that just couldn't wait to jump on this opportunity to bash BF because MB is their buddy! Let it go. Burnett's winning percentage was one of the worst at PNG. Go check it! MB teams would win every 4th year (when the talent matched his bruising system). Take away the 3 year Dustin Long/Mike Long run and see what MBs record was.

[/quote]

Hmm...Lets see...retire in the hill country or SETX??? Thats not much to decide there!!

[quote name="Txdragon" post="1292966" timestamp="1349544129"]
[quote author=77 link=topic=104175.msg1292883#msg1292883 date=1349538407]
[/quote]

Just wonder what WOS could have been in the early years had Dodge not transfered.
[/quote]

I have often wondered that as well. Could be a lot of people didn't realize he would have have to WO-S instead of TJ if his dad hadn't been transferred.

PNG's best option at QB now is the freshman.  That kid can flat out play and is pretty developed for his age.  I would be shocked if he isn't starting for the next 3 years so get him experience now while you're down.

As far as the overall talent, y'all won't be down for long.  Your 8th and 9th grade groups are loaded, despite what anyone says about STJFL (which I am still trying to process and understand how that relates to 4A varsity football.)

[quote name="Mr. Happy" post="1293887" timestamp="1349620234"]
PNG's best option at QB now is the freshman.  That kid can flat out play and is pretty developed for his age.  I would be shocked if he isn't starting for the next 3 years so get him experience now while you're down.

[/quote]

He IS good for his age.  But,  I would be concerned that he would not perform up to everyone else's expectations, and be branded no good before he gets a legitimate shot at maturing and playing the way he can down the road.
Bottom line is,  every team cycles (except Nederland  ;) ), and we will finish as best as we can and rebound.  It's just a strange position for us,  since we are normally the team to be worried about,  but this yr. we are not.
We'll be back...  and so will Coach Faircloth.  :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mmj0
    Newest Member
    mmj0