PORT NECHES-GROVES VS. LITTLE CYPRESS-MAURICEVILLE BROADCAST/LCM wins 35-6!

Everyone knew this would be a down year for PNG. The talent just isn't their!!

PNG has a great core of talent beginning next year and the following 4 years.

Just need to continue to support the kids the rest of the year, there is still time to be a sleeper in this district.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="PNGFan" post="1294460" timestamp="1349695101"]

Just need to continue to support the kids the rest of the year, there is still time to be a sleeper in this district.
[/quote]

Do you have an effective running game at your subvarsity levels?  Are there key defensive kids moving up to varsity next year?

From all games, info, I have it may be a few more lean years for PNG unless transfers come in.

[quote name="Green and Bold" post="1294388" timestamp="1349666172"]
[quote author=marshman link=topic=104175.msg1293875#msg1293875 date=1349619155]
[quote author=Txdragon link=topic=104175.msg1292966#msg1292966 date=1349544129]
[quote author=77 link=topic=104175.msg1292883#msg1292883 date=1349538407]
[quote author=bobbymcgee link=topic=104175.msg1292869#msg1292869 date=1349537571]
Out with Faircloth and bring home Todd Dodge!!!
[/quote]No way, Dodge is settin up to retire in the hill country he's not comin back this way!
[/quote]

Just wonder what WOS could have been in the early years had Dodge not transfered.
[/quote]

I have often wondered that as well. Could be a lot of people didn't realize he would have have to WO-S instead of TJ if his dad hadn't been transferred.
[/quote]

Wouldn't have worked out. WO-S  was committed to the run. TJ's offense was light years ahead of most high school teams.
[/quote]

Very true.

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1294464" timestamp="1349696537"]
[quote author=PNGFan link=topic=104175.msg1294460#msg1294460 date=1349695101]

[/quote]

Do you have an effective running game at your subvarsity levels?  Are there key defensive kids moving up to varsity next year?

From all games, info, I have it may be a few more lean years for PNG unless transfers come in.
[/quote]Actually the freshman class coming up is pretty stout, not just the QB but they're loaded. The sophmores have some really good players. There is a running back on JV that is a sophmore that has dominated, also Ky Walker is a sophmore. I don't know how our juniors are. JV record is good. I don't know if they have lost yet. We have an eigth grader,Kenell, that has the potential and probably will play varsity next year and start. This kid is one of those rare kids that come thru. He is running JV speeds as a 8th grader. Plus that 8th grade team is crazy good....So this year and next year may be our drought.....or maybe just this year....we will see...but after that we will be big and more important fast....

well first of all congrats to lcm, they whooped us like they should have. Now with that said, no pun intended, this team just isn't. Where it needs to be talent wise. To be truthful, we don't have a running back, our qb has thrown more interceptions than tds, not good at all. Defense stays out on field for the whole game because the offense can't get a first down. Mcm is gonna be brutal, if ned doesn't hang 50 on us something is wrong. If the offense can't a couple of first downs to give them a breather it will be over by the end of the first quarter. Our boys play hard but they just don't have it. Rose can't do it by himself, #30 plays hard and # 5 is probably our best runningback. On offense that is about it. The defense seems to be out of place just about all the time, #2 is our go to guy, and he can't do it all by himself either, Pevato tries but just can't get any help. Whoever we play will look like superstars weekend and weekout. We are just that bad, but win or lose I'm still there, yes I am hard on them but it is what it is. Down year, don't expect them to win another game, but I will be there just in case they do. Looking forward to going to the butch, well soulja1 your bet is paid in full, you can take that crap off of your signature, I don't see a fourpeat this year. Lol

[quote name="biaplayer" post="1294779" timestamp="1349718562"]
well first of all congrats to lcm, they whooped us like they should have. Now with that said, no pun intended, this team just isn't. Where it needs to be talent wise. To be truthful, we don't have a running back, our qb has thrown more interceptions than tds, not good at all. Defense stays out on field for the whole game because the offense can't get a first down. Mcm is gonna be brutal, if ned doesn't hang 50 on us something is wrong. If the offense can't a couple of first downs to give them a breather it will be over by the end of the fourth quarter. Our boys play hard but they just don't have it. Rose can't do it by himself, #30 plays hard and # 5 is probably our best runningback. On offense that is about it. The defense seems to be out of place just about all the time, #2 is our go to guy, and he can't do it all by himself either, Pevato tries but just can't get any help. Whoever we play will look like superstars weekend and weekout. We are just that bad, but win or lose I'm still there, yes I am hard on them but it is what it is. Down year, don't expect them to win another game, but I will be there just in case they do. Looking forward to going to the butch, well[b] soulja1 your bet is paid in full, you can take that crap off of your signature,[/b] I don't see a fourpeat this year. Lol
[/quote] ;D 8)

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1294464" timestamp="1349696537"]
[/quote]

I don't know what information you have, but I have followed our sub-varsity teams closely this year and have now personally seen our freshman purple team play. Make no mistake about it, they are very good.

However this season turns out, PN-G has bright years ahead.

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1294894" timestamp="1349725035"]
[quote author=thedogs1987 link=topic=104175.msg1294464#msg1294464 date=1349696537]
[/quote]

I don't know what information you have, but I have followed our sub-varsity teams closely this year and have now personally seen our freshman purple team play. Make no mistake about it, they are very good.

However this season turns out, PN-G has bright years ahead.
[/quote]

Down to your sophomore group, it's lean, even the ones that have moved up.  No disrespect.  Where's your player makers on offense, speed and size on defensive.  Maybe I missed them on the sidelines, sorry.

Dont know much about your freshmen. (I am sure they'll have their chance on varsity next season)

[quote name="biaplayer" post="1294779" timestamp="1349718562"]
well first of all congrats to lcm, they whooped us like they should have. Now with that said, no pun intended, this team just isn't. Where it needs to be talent wise. To be truthful, we don't have a running back, our qb has thrown more interceptions than tds, not good at all. Defense stays out on field for the whole game because the offense can't get a first down. Mcm is gonna be brutal, if ned doesn't hang 50 on us something is wrong. If the offense can't a couple of first downs to give them a breather [i][b]it will be over by the end of the fourth quarter[/b][/i]. Our boys play hard but they just don't have it. Rose can't do it by himself, #30 plays hard and # 5 is probably our best runningback. On offense that is about it. The defense seems to be out of place just about all the time, #2 is our go to guy, and he can't do it all by himself either, Pevato tries but just can't get any help. Whoever we play will look like superstars weekend and weekout. We are just that bad, but win or lose I'm still there, yes I am hard on them but it is what it is. Down year, don't expect them to win another game, but I will be there just in case they do. Looking forward to going to the butch, well soulja1 your bet is paid in full, you can take that crap off of your signature, I don't see a fourpeat this year. Lol
[/quote]
I agree.  The game will probably be over by the end of the 4th quarter unless there is a tie at that time.  JK  I guess you meant 2nd or 3rd quarter.  And biaplayer I will be with you supporting our Indians.

Lol actually meant the first quarter. Typing on this dang phone my mind is thinking one thing and my fingers are pressing another. I don't go back and proof readem so it is what it is , either way win or lose I'm there, and usually griping and complaining, that's just me .

[quote name="badndn" post="1295251" timestamp="1349780931"]
Bulldog fans got it all figured out!
[/quote]

Not half as well
as the Nederland Bulldogs Football Team....I guess, instead of telling PNG, Nederland will show you this at Mid County Madness 8) 8) 8) 8)

But first, we'll help with LCM to save the reputation of Mid County.

That's mentioning both PNG and LCM..... in this thread ::) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

I would be careful Ned fans... Don't get sucked into the talk of Ned hanging 50 on PNG and it being over by the 2nd quarter. Everyone knows this is a special game. Throw the records out of the window. This will be a slugfest. how many mcm's can you remember being blowouts?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder