Mosley Or Charles

Guest Nederland Bandit

I dunno....maybe because UT is loaded and the other rb may be pretty good as well.

There is no doubt the Mosely kid played well, but the Nederland faithful need to be realistic. It is one thing to be a good hs athlete, but it is another to have world class talent.

Adrian Peterson didn't have the most yards nor will he win this year's Heisman, but does anyone really believe he won't be the first rb taken if he declares for the draft?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is really a silly topic' date=' J. Charles is a World Class sprinter and a major force on a National Championship Team last year and at the top of the D-1 level.

Mosley is a very good HS rb, but he is not even the best runner that has come out of Nederland....that belongs to Troy Summeral (spelling) although I did argue for him.

And do you really beleive that Mosley would have those kinds of numbers at a huge D1???

Admin. Time for you to chime in here......[/quote']

I would never underestimate Micah's' chance of playing at the next level. What he accomplished this year was remarkable. I’m not going to compare him to other Nederland running backs because it’s not fair to him or the previous backs such as Troy Sumrall.

Could Troy produce under the same circumstances as Micah had to work with? Could Micah produce what Troy did, with strength of that district when Troy played?

Well i would pick Mosley!

Obviously it was a homer thread wanting to validate Mosley as the greatest, but there have been several from SETX who were better - Charles included (as well as his brother, Shanderrick). I think the answers were honest and true. Charles is by far the better back. Mosley was a great one, but not of the same caliber.

I cant believe you just asked who we would chose out of Micah Mosley or Jamaal Charles. Hmmmm. lets see. Would i want an all-state world class speed back with more talent than anyone to ever come out of setx, or a Nederland hs superstar whos days are over, who wont do good in college and ownt go to the nfl? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....... Yall can make the choose

Lets see if I can get this straight:

J Charles 400 yards against 5A Div1 state finalist Spring Westfield

Mosley 406 against 4-6 last place in district Lumberton

J Charles 350 yards against 5A West Texas Power Midland Lee

Mosely 340+ yards against 5-4 Waller

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I will say this, again if he doesn't go D1(Mosley) this falls on Neumann who I still say doesn't do enough for his players as far as getting them scholarships. I played against Greg Moore from Huffman who had legit speed(he ran track for the Falcons) and he got a scholarship to play OLB for TCU. I think Mosley should go somewhere like the Air Force where he would flourish in their wishbone.....

I will say this' date=' again if he doesn't go D1(Mosley) this falls on Neumann who I still say doesn't do enough for his players as far as getting them scholarships. I played against Greg Moore from Huffman who had legit speed(he ran track for the Falcons) and he got a scholarship to play OLB for TCU. I think Mosley should go somewhere like the Air Force where he would flourish in their wishbone.....[/quote']This talk about Neumann not doing enough for his players is a bunch of crap. You guys do all this talking and then when asked to give one name of a player from Nederland who should have gone D-1 and didn't, you can't name one. Bottom line is, if Micah doesn't play D-1 football it will be because he chose not to, not because Neumann didn't help. The entire coaching staff at Nederland will help anyone who wants to play at the next level. This is a fact not an opinion.......

I will say this' date=' again if he doesn't go D1(Mosley) this falls on Neumann who I still say doesn't do enough for his players as far as getting them scholarships. I played against Greg Moore from Huffman who had legit speed(he ran track for the Falcons) and he got a scholarship to play OLB for TCU. I think Mosley should go somewhere like the Air Force where he would flourish in their wishbone.....[/quote']

That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard, so Coach Neumann is the one passing out scholarships?

Y'all can say what you want. Marler help us who could go to the next level, Bone Washington, bad coach, but he had kids go D-1 off 1-9 teams. Owens did the same at TJ.

11 years of excellence and it stops after high school.......

Y'all can say what you want. Marler help us who could go to the next level' date=' Bone Washington, bad coach, but he had kids go D-1 off 1-9 teams. Owens did the same at TJ.

11 years of excellence and it stops after high school.......[/quote']This is not us saying what we want, it's about you saying what you THINK. Still waiting on one player you can name that should have continued playing in College and didn't. Yoder - Tulsa, Mayhew boys - Rice and Sam Houston, Robins - McNeese, D. Smith - East Texas Baptist, Matt - Arkansas Central, Gentile - Texas State, Bass - Mary Hardin Baylor, Askew & Pillitere went somewhere and quit their first year, Parks - Sam Houston, R. Butler - Trinity, Sumrall - Louisiana team, Barbay - played somewhere, I know I'm leaving out some who went on to play so help me understand your point. Truth is, this is what makes Nederland football so great, we beat teams with D-1 talent, continue to go to the playoffs year in and year out with slow, small, overachieving young men who are well coached. Name someone...........

Feris Patio which brings me to my next point. I see you in MC kinda proud to have players that should be at PAM. If I were Grogan's mom and or Roy's parents, I'd take them where the coach will help them get to the next level. But again that's just me....

sfa 85

To me football is a means to an end. A very very small percentage of those that play college ball ever make it to the pro level. If they can go to school on scholarship, play football, and get an education then sports have done there job. d-1, d-2 who cares, education is key.

Y'all can say what you want. Marler help us who could go to the next level' date=' Bone Washington, bad coach, but he had kids go D-1 off 1-9 teams. Owens did the same at TJ.

11 years of excellence and it stops after high school.......[/quote']And I guess Ben Wells going D-1 on a 1-9 Ozen team is due to Coach Clayton. One player in 13 years is all you can name. Why didn't you throw in Ben Davis as well. Obvious where you are going with this!

Feris Patio which brings me to my next point. I see you in MC kinda proud to have players that should be at PAM. If I were Grogan's mom and or Roy's parents' date=' I'd take them where the coach will help them get to the next level. But again that's just me....[/quote']

Just what the hell does that mean????? Would you do us all a favor and quit looking through those colored glasses you wear for one minute??? Exactly what does this have to do with Mosley vs. Charles?

Feris Patio which brings me to my next point. I see you in MC kinda proud to have players that should be at PAM. If I were Grogan's mom and or Roy's parents' date=' I'd take them where the coach will help them get to the next level. But again that's just me....[/quote']

Djohnson is getting looks from several D1 teams as a junior and what team does he play for?

Guest ECBucFan

.......' date=' who wont do good in college and ownt go to the nfl? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....... Yall can make the choose[/quote']

Won't do good in college???? I suppose you are referring just to athletics, but the article in the PA News indicated he might be on his way to being an engineer, possibly at Rice, Tulane, or UH. Charles um, well, lets just say he struggled quite a bit.

There is so much more to "doing good" than simply accumulating yardage :!:

This thread was posted to see who you would pick on the feild Charles or Mosely... Not for you EC to slander Charles as a student. Mosely is an intellegent kid...good for him, I am an engineer and proud to see someone go for it. But being an engineer is not for everyone. I am intellegent but that gives me no right to call someone esle stupid. Charles may have struggled a bit but he is making his way. He will probaly spend four years in college and may not become a pro but he will have his degree. And if he becomes a pro his pay check will be far greater than the engineer. For a kid that let's say struggled. He used his talents to get himself somewhere... and will have a college degree. For you smart A$$ ECBUCFAN, stay in your place and talk football!!!! That is what this thread was about! And not to slander Mosely but he did well and I am proud to see him do well. He did not come out of one of the best districts in 5A... He came out of a 4A district on a down year... Great Kid, Great Year but no Jamal!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder