Jeremy Johnson is leaving West Virginia

The West Virginia head coach confirmed today they Jeremy Johnson is leaving the program:

[quote]Coach Bill Stewart confirmed on his radio show last night that third-string freshman quarterback Jeremy Johnson is leaving WVU.  Johnson has been dealing with homesickness all semester, and at one point this season updated his facebook page to say he was transferring to Baylor.  While that post has since been removed, it seems a likely landing spot for Johnson, since it is much closer to his hometown of Houston, Texas.
[/quote]

http://pittsburgh.sbnation.com/west-virginia-mountaineers/2010/10/13/1748619/jeremy-johnson-is-leaving-wvu-football-morgantown

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="coachacola" post="873966" timestamp="1286994091"]
The West Virginia head coach confirmed today they Jeremy Johnson is leaving the program:

[quote]Coach Bill Stewart confirmed on his radio show last night that third-string freshman quarterback Jeremy Johnson is leaving WVU.  Johnson has been dealing with homesickness all semester, and at one point this season updated his facebook page to say he was transferring to Baylor.  While that post has since been removed, it seems a likely landing spot for Johnson, since it is much closer to his hometown of Houston, Texas.

Question?  What eligibility does Jeremy have remaining?  Since he did not play a down this season does he still have 4 years eligibility?

[/quote]

http://pittsburgh.sbnation.com/west-virginia-mountaineers/2010/10/13/1748619/jeremy-johnson-is-leaving-wvu-football-morgantown
[/quote]

I had a feeling that was going to happen after watching their sophomore QB. Dude is pretty good! So if he is red-shirting this year. He'll have to red-shirt next season if he transfers to Baylor. He'll lose a year of eligibility.

He may want to re-think where he wants to transfer. I'm not saying to come to Lamar but in his position a FCS program looks better than sitting out another season.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="874014" timestamp="1286997270"]
[quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=74394.msg874010#msg874010 date=1286996355]
Surely AAW has the skinny on this and can update us.
[/quote]

Yes I do. But I have been asked by his family to not make anything public just yet.

Soon, guys, soon.
[/quote]

Never doubted it! ;)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="874014" timestamp="1286997270"]
[quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=74394.msg874010#msg874010 date=1286996355]
Surely AAW has the skinny on this and can update us.
[/quote]

Yes I do. But I have been asked by his family to not make anything public just yet.

Soon, guys, soon.
[/quote]Sometimes it's not what you say in a conversation but what you don't say  :D

[quote name="bigred360" post="873977" timestamp="1286994611"]
I had a feeling that was going to happen after watching their sophomore QB. Dude is pretty good! So if he is red-shirting this year. He'll have to red-shirt next season if he transfers to Baylor. He'll lose a year of eligibility.

[color=red][/color][size=12pt]He may want to re-think where he wants to transfer. I'm not saying to come to Lamar but in his position a FCS program looks better than sitting out another season[/size].
[/quote][color=red]Yeah but Bevil has 1 more year left. Red Shirt Freshman coming in and taking a Senior [/color] [color=red]job [/color] :o :o :o :o

[IMG]http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h366/bryce4904/jj.jpg[/img]

He has already left WVU twice?  No doubt he is talented, but I wonder if this is just homesickness or an indication of future problems?  I don't know the kid or his situation (other than that he was 3rd on the depth chart at WVU behind a soph starter) but the leaving twice in less than a semester causes me concern.

[quote name="Ruckdad" post="874088" timestamp="1287003612"]
He has already left WVU twice?  No doubt he is talented, but I wonder if this is just homesickness or an indication of future problems?  I don't know the kid or his situation (other than that he was 3rd on the depth chart at WVU behind a soph starter) but the leaving twice in less than a semester causes me concern.
[/quote]Dude, he's 18yrs old, 2,000 miles away and 3rd on the depth chart.

[quote name="Scalabrine" post="874106" timestamp="1287005189"]
[quote author=Ruckdad link=topic=74394.msg874088#msg874088 date=1287003612]
He has already left WVU twice?  No doubt he is talented, but I wonder if this is just homesickness or an indication of future problems?  I don't know the kid or his situation (other than that he was 3rd on the depth chart at WVU behind a soph starter) but the leaving twice in less than a semester causes me concern.
[/quote]Dude, he's 18yrs old, 2,000 miles away and 3rd on the depth chart.
[/quote]

Loaded with talent and has a free ride to college.  Poor little fella.

I was watching Nebraska the other night.  Their freshman or sophomore backup qb came in to play during mop up time.  This is the kid from Dayton that was extremely good a year or two ago.  I was thinking...hmmm, maybe this kid will want to leave Nebraska since he was beat out by a freshman?  You never know.....

To all those saying "called it"...etc...maybe it just wasn't a fit for him....lesson learned...you move on...support the local athlete....I say this...pray about it and be ready to go back to work this off season...be on a mission!  Get an organizer and plan your days carefully and reasonably(don't overload yourself and included some relax time)....you'll be alright, at least it's a starting point....come find me if you need anything JJ.  Aggies knows how to find me.

Guest baseball25
What is  it with all these kids that can't stay at the college they sign with, they all end up coming home it's a shame, they need to be more tough mentally and realize that maybe the first 2 yrs of there college career they might not play but that doesn't mean they should come home!!!! Work hard and win a position, I mean he could play wr or db and be a starter next yr......

If he wanted to play db or wr he could have gone ANYWHERE in the country.  He was told when he was recruited he would have a fair shot at the starting QB position.  Maybe he didnt get a fair shake.  It's what he wanted to do and that is the only important thing here.  WHAT HE WANTS.  Not you or me.  He's 18.  Let's all try and support him in whatever he does.

Guest baseball25
All i am saying  is he needs to realize that he's a freshman and he prob won't get the opportunity to play as a true freshman and he prob won't play as a sophmore, get in the weight room  get faster, bigger, and stronger and win the battle at the qb position but kids these days want everything handed to them and don't want to work for it i mean he's been the best athlete in his school all his career now he's in college and there are athletes just like him and its a little bit tougher for him now not just being the best!!!!Kids gotta learn to work hard , I mean nothing against the kid he's a heck of a athlete, I just don't see why all these kids come home...

[quote name="basketball25" post="874442" timestamp="1287063303"]
All i am saying  is he needs to realize that he's a freshman and he prob won't get the opportunity to play as a true freshman and he prob won't play as a sophmore, get in the weight room  get faster, bigger, and stronger and win the battle at the qb position but kids these days want everything handed to them and don't want to work for it i mean he's been the best athlete in his school all his career now he's in college and there are athletes just like him and its a little bit tougher for him now not just being the best!!!!Kids gotta learn to work hard , I mean nothing against the kid he's a heck of a athlete, I just don't see why all these kids come home...
[/quote]All of our local D1 talent coming home could be a good thing. Lamar may be a power house before we know it.

[quote name="sleepy" post="874411" timestamp="1287060207"]
If he wanted to play db or wr he could have gone ANYWHERE in the country.  He was told when he was recruited he would have a fair shot at the starting QB position.  Maybe he didnt get a fair shake.  It's what he wanted to do and that is the only important thing here.  WHAT HE WANTS.  Not you or me.  He's 18.  Let's all try and support him in whatever he does.
[/quote]

My youngest brother played football for Navy and his first year away from home he cried and was home sick bad and was going to transfer to SHSU with me and my other brother but my parents and the coaches worked with him and got him through and looking back on it he is so thankful that they didnt allow him to do what HE WANTED at the time.  Im not sure what JJ's situation is and it may be one where he needed to come home so I wont speak specifically to it, but across the country you see young players who were the big fish in a small pond in HS come home cause they arent used to being the small fish in the big ocean KOKO Smith(an SHSU recruit)  is a prime example of this...Sometimes some of these guys need to pop their Momma's titty outta there mouth suck it up and work for something...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder