Jeremy Johnson is leaving West Virginia

[quote name="geezer" post="878107" timestamp="1287314017"]
No excuses, Lamar offense played terrible, but how many players are out with injuries?  I saw at least ten last night.  Defense has performed resonably at least in the red zone.
[/quote],everyone wants a peice of the pie when everythings going perfect, and the team is winning, but start to backslide and lose a few in a row, and you'll start to see who's tough, and who's not, this is obviously the reason there are so many hurt guys on the sidelines. quit making excuses. man up, it's simple.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lamar doesn't have the depth to handle injuries like other teams can.  They only have 57 scholarship players, not the full 63 scholarships like most other teams.  Not really an excuse, just the way it is as a first year program.

If Jeremy Johnson was at the game last night he can see that he can step right in next year and make a big impact.

Someone on a Baylorfans.com forum who says they are from Silsbee wrote this:

[quote]He is from Silsbee, where I live. He has not played at all this year, hell I would not have played him either after he talked about leaving. He should have never gone to WVU. The kid has mad skills. From a few coahces of his they say he is great at QB, but an even better corner. So good one swears he could play in the NFL at corner. My understanding is a lot of top 10 schools wanted him to switch, but he wants to be a QB.

I hope he enrolls in the fall.

He may end up at Lamar though. Just my thoughts. I'll see if I can get more info. [/quote]

Then this:

[quote]After speaking to a few coaches they feel Lamar is the spot and they are not sure WVU will allow Baylor as a choice for his release. [/quote]

http://www.baylorfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199309&page=2

[quote name="JJWooten" post="878062" timestamp="1287294037"]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=74394.msg878018#msg878018 date=1287290148]
wasting time on the computer while his pit bulls are starving, kids are in dirty diapers  and the plumbing on the double wide is backed up
[/quote]

Takes one to know one.
[/quote]

I'm rubber, you're glue....

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="878388" timestamp="1287339880"]
[quote author=BCgrad05 link=topic=74394.msg878371#msg878371 date=1287339138]
I saw JJ at the BC & Silsbee game
[/quote]

JJ was at the BC/Silsbee game and was on the sidelines for the Lamar game.

It's my understanding that a decision has been made, but not ready to make it public just yet.
[/quote]
this is awesome!

[/quote]

It's my understanding that a decision has been made, but not ready to make it public just yet.
[/quote]

Any word of how long it is going to be until he announces? I guess they have to wait for the proper paperwork, etc.

This was posted on BaylorFans.com today by the same person from Silsbee:

[quote]The coaches can put all sorts of stipulations into a release. Most will do conference and opponets for the next coule of years, but they may try to stick it to him.

He is still enrolled in school, now if he goes back I don't know. I hope he does. He needs at least 12 hours to transfer I think. He may have to end up JUCO. Not sure. Lamar is holding a spot for him. I would love to have him at BU. [/quote]

At first I was thinking this was not the best game for him to go to, if he's thinking about transferring, but in hindsight, it's the best position for him. Lamar has competitive facilities and a QB that needs to be replaced (I think that's the general consensus).

Also, if you look around the SLC
Sam has a true Freshman QB
SFA's star QB is leaving, but his backup (Brady Attaway) is also a Freshman
TSU-SM's starter is a freshman
McNeese is starting a freshman

This is his best opportunity to get in early and make an impact.

[quote name="JJWooten" post="879580" timestamp="1287419408"]
At first I was thinking this was not the best game for him to go to, if he's thinking about transferring, but in hindsight, it's the best position for him. Lamar has competitive facilities and a QB that needs to be replaced (I think that's the general consensus).

This is his best opportunity to get in early and make an impact.
[/quote]

As long as someone is eligible I don't care if he is 4 or 40.  Play whoever is the best.

[quote name="AggiesWeAreNot" post="879795" timestamp="1287430892"]
[quote author=JJWooten link=topic=74394.msg879580#msg879580 date=1287419408]

This is his best opportunity to get in early and make an impact.  ;D ;D
[/quote]

As long as someone is eligible I don't care if he is 4 or 40.  Play whoever is the best.
[/quote]

If a 4 year old is eligible, I'd be more impressed that he passed the SATs then his ability to throw the football.

[quote name="the sports guy" post="879809" timestamp="1287431625"]
If he comes back to Lamar.....Do you think it help Lamar on recruiting?
[/quote]

Heck yes it would help recruiting. He would be transferring from a FBS conference school and is a top dual threat QB meaning he can run and pass. That will make the OL look a lot better.

Anyone think Lamar (Coach Woodard and co) will give Willie Jefferson (dismissed from Baylor last week) if he were to request a transfer here an opportunity.

I know it would be a high risk with him but after talking to a co-worker who lost a scholarship offer to Oklahoma State due to getting busted with cocaine in high school and I know it is personal stuff here but I had to go to drug rehab twice. I think he could change if he wanted to but it would not be easy and he should be on a one strike and you are out situation.

If my co-worker didn't confide his pass to me I would have never guess he had a problem because he is highly thought of at the place of my employment. I didn't share with him my past because I was at work and I didn't want the conversation to go into which person had the best stories to tell.

[quote name="bigred360" post="879846" timestamp="1287434322"]
[quote author=the sports guy link=topic=74394.msg879809#msg879809 date=1287431625]
If he comes back to Lamar.....Do you think it help Lamar on recruiting?
[/quote]

Anyone think Lamar (Coach Woodard and co) will give Willie Jefferson (dismissed from Baylor last week) if he were to request a transfer here an opportunity.

[/quote]

I am all for second chances also br360. However if you look at our WR, we are very deep at the position.

The mistake was about as dumb as it gets too. Falling asleep in the Taco Bell drive thru with a lot of marijuana on you- sounds like a great idea  ::)

[quote name="coachacola" post="879065" timestamp="1287361805"]
Someone on a Baylorfans.com forum who says they are from Silsbee wrote this:

[quote]He is from Silsbee, where I live. He has not played at all this year, heck I would not have played him either after he talked about leaving. He should have never gone to WVU. The kid has mad skills. From a few coahces of his they say he is great at QB, but an even better corner. So good one swears he could play in the NFL at corner. My understanding is a lot of top 10 schools wanted him to switch, but he wants to be a QB.

I hope he enrolls in the fall.

He may end up at Lamar though. Just my thoughts. I'll see if I can get more info. [/quote]

Then this:

[quote]After speaking to a few coaches they feel Lamar is the spot and they are not sure WVU will allow Baylor as a choice for his release. [/quote]

http://www.baylorfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199309&page=2
[/quote]University of Texas also told Deon Beasley he was good enuff to go pro if he switched from offense to defense. See how that worked out. Dude was awesome with the ball.

[/quote]

[/quote]Might want to stay off the sidelines since both teams lost!!!!!!! Must be a bad luck charm. and why all of the secrets?? like it really matters? i guess only to silsbee folks??

Marijuana is a negligible offense in my books when it comes to drug possession. However, I do thin Baylor was in their right to dismiss him, as would any school that chooses to do so (Just last week, two Wash. State Freshman were caught with over 30 plants in their house). However, with him moving back home, I think it'd be hard for him to get straight. If he were going somewhere else (out of Texas or away from Beaumont) then I think he'd be able to get straight again. I would assume (pure assumption) that he started using in high school, and coming back to with his old friends won't make quitting any easier. Just my opinion though

[quote name="JJWooten" post="879970" timestamp="1287440121"]
Marijuana is a negligible offense in my books when it comes to drug possession. However, I do thin Baylor was in their right to dismiss him, as would any school that chooses to do so (Just last week, two Wash. State Freshman were caught with over 30 plants in their house). However, with him moving back home, I think it'd be hard for him to get straight. If he were going somewhere else (out of Texas or away from Beaumont) then I think he'd be able to get straight again. I would assume (pure assumption) that he started using in high school, and coming back to with his old friends won't make quitting any easier. Just my opinion though
[/quote]

No, you are right about changing places you hang out and friends. You can't get straight if you don't make those changes.

Will it be harder in Beaumont? Probably.

[quote name="Raiders99LHS80" post="879950" timestamp="1287438800"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=74394.msg878388#msg878388 date=1287339880]
[/quote]

[/quote]Might want to stay off the sidelines since both teams lost!!!!!!! Must be a bad luck charm. and why all of the secrets?? like it really matters? i guess only to silsbee folks??
[/quote]

Jeremy was not on the sidelines at the Silsbee game.

As for what you are calling "secrets", when the family asks me to keep it under wraps for now, I will respect that. Also, I am sure proper paperwork and NCAA legalities may have something to do with it. ;)

Of course, a hater would not see it that way. ::)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="880007" timestamp="1287443201"]
[quote author=Raiders99LHS80 link=topic=74394.msg879950#msg879950 date=1287438800]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=74394.msg878388#msg878388 date=1287339880]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Jeremy was not on the sidelines at the Silsbee game.

As for what you are calling "secrets", when the family asks me to keep it under wraps for now, I will respect that. Also, I am sure proper paperwork and NCAA legalities may have something to do with it. ;)

Of course, a hater would not see it that way. ::)
[/quote]if that's true, and the family wants you to keep it under wraps , why even say anything to begin with? i guess it gives you an ego boost! like you know something no one else knows. lol too bad ur the only one who really cares. at best, the guy was a great h.s. player, that's all. so quit acting like his next move is going to make national news. sure, it'll be big to you and the other locals here, but come on, if he was that great he would still be competing for the job at W.V. not bowing ouy at the first sign of competition. like i said, just my opinion. not a hater.

I know you might not mean to but you come across as a "hater". JJ was a great HS QB and received scholarship offers from several schools. He chose WVU for some reason and it probably wasn't the best decision.

They had Geno Smith who is a sophomore stud. He is 6'3, 210 and was a Parade High School All-American after his senior season at Miramar High School in Miami, Fla.

This season he has passed for 1358 yards, 14 TD's and 2 int's. He has rushed 38 times for 143 yards.

Now, JJ isn't the only college football player to transfer. Heck, Troy Aikman transferred from OU to UCLA. Was he a quiter?  ::)  

You starting your post with this statement, [b]"Might want to stay off the sidelines since both teams lost!!!!!!! Must be a bad luck charm"[/b], says everything about "your opinion". ::)

What bigred360 just stated says it all.

It's no secret that JJ is transfering, but to what school, that is a decision that the family wants to wait on before making it public. Nothing about me, just trying to be as informative as I can be to the folks here on the site.

If you haven't noticed, I am an administrator here and that is part of my job.

If someone else reveals what Jeremy does, so be it. I just know that I did what I was asked.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder