Liberty hires Kedrick Harrison AD/HC

• Bigdog changed the title to Liberty is Open
On 3/28/2024 at 10:02 PM, navydawg31 said:

What’s he going to do at BH? 

This was posted several weeks ago. Maybe this since he was the DC at Coppell? He didn’t do to well as the AD at Liberty, but hopefully can improve our Defense

Barbers Hill High School has a defensive assistant football job, 2nd sport best fit opening.  Looking for, High energy, great with kids.  Great school district, kids and facilities.

Not sure what he is going to do at BH but I would say (my opinion) that he moved on to increase the visibility of his daughter.  She is one of the best athletes Liberty has/had and one of the best young basketball players in the area.  She is a pretty good volleyball player too, but I think basketball is her best sport by far. 

What's odd is for some reason I thought BH was 5A, but they're 4a D-1? Have they ever been 5A or am I thinking incorrectly? 

13 minutes ago, highsky said:

Not sure what he is going to do at BH but I would say (my opinion) that he moved on to increase the visibility of his daughter.  She is one of the best athletes Liberty has/had and one of the best young basketball players in the area.  She is a pretty good volleyball player too, but I think basketball is her best sport by far. 

What's odd is for some reason I thought BH was 5A, but they're 4a D-1? Have they ever been 5A or am I thinking incorrectly? 

You are indeed “thinking incorrectly”. BH has been 5A for several years 

22 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

You are indeed “thinking incorrectly”. BH has been 5A for several years 

Well, I was actually thinking correctly then.  I only said 4a D-1 because an earlier poster made a post saying "Moved up to 4a D1 for a beat down" and I thought the poster was referring to Lackey moving to BH.  I just misread it. 

BH is currently 5A Div 1 and knocking on the 6A Door. I read that  Lackey has like 5 kids mostly daughters, so if they are Athletes BH would be the place to be.Girls athletes at BH are very strong and have always been so. Good news for BH on that front.

2 hours ago, highsky said:

Well, I was actually thinking correctly then.  I only said 4a D-1 because an earlier poster made a post saying "Moved up to 4a D1 for a beat down" and I thought the poster was referring to Lackey moving to BH.  I just misread it. 

The poster was talking about Liberty opting up the 4A-D1 from 3A. Hid post was in reference to Libertys team itself and not the coach

20 hours ago, BHFAN said:

BH is currently 5A Div 1 and knocking on the 6A Door. I read that  Lackey has like 5 kids mostly daughters, so if they are Athletes BH would be the place to be.Girls athletes at BH are very strong and have always been so. Good news for BH on that front.

He has 6 kids.  4 girls and two boys.  Regardless of what the "highsky" Hardin assistant coach says, he didn't "move to BH" for his oldest daughter.  There were several reasons, but this wasn't one of them.

2 hours ago, LIBERTY82 said:

He has 6 kids.  4 girls and two boys.  Regardless of what the "highsky" Hardin assistant coach says, he didn't "move to BH" for his oldest daughter.  There were several reasons, but this wasn't one of them.

I did say it was my opinion (whether I was right or wrong) in my original post and I was very complimentary of his daughter.  It is fact that many coaches have moved for their kids so I presented that as a theory about why he moved.   

Liberty82, I'm sorry you have a problem with me.  I did nothing here to be called out by someone who obviously dislikes me or the Hardin program.  You used to be part of the Hardin program once upon a time. 

2 hours ago, LIBERTY82 said:

I find it hard to believe that if there were several reasons, taking his talented athlete daughter to a better school and the extra visibility that comes with it played ZERO part in his decision as you suggest.  

8 hours ago, bullets13 said:

I find it hard to believe that if there were several reasons, taking his talented athlete daughter to a better school and the extra visibility that comes with it played ZERO part in his decision as you suggest.  

You're probably right.  I should not have said it was not a factor.  Let me re-word that.  It wasn't in the "top 3" reasons why the move was necessary for him and his family during this time.

36 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Put his kids in a better situation?  

That’s what I read… didn’t know about his family situation and him having talented daughters. That’s great he’s a family man first and putting his daughter’s future ahead of his own ambitions. 

but I was more asking what position he will hold at BH… on what’s he going to do.

4 hours ago, 2wedge said:

Word on the street is Liberty has a pretty big fish nibbling on the hook. Queue the Big Moe in L Town!!!! “Now for all y'all who ain’t heard of me….”

Fingers crossed!

• Bobcat1 changed the title to Liberty hires Kedrick Harrison AD/HC