Hamshire Fannett vs Silsbee

2 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

How was it not a choice?
It was still Silsbee’s option to play there… they won the “venue flip” and got it. What’s crazy to me is Silsbee wanted Monday, but Johnson doesn’t come available until Tuesday…? 

I was referring to it being a choice for both teams. That both agreed to play there without having to flip.

That simply wasn't the case.

Sigler wanted Monday because Silsbee played last Thursday night and HF played Friday. 

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I am looking forward to seeing the new place.

Got my spot reserved this morning at the media table.

Looking forward to your review.   I’ve only seen videos.  From those though, looks like it might be the new gold standard for the Triangle area.  

30 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Looking forward to your review.   I’ve only seen videos.  From those though, looks like it might be the new gold standard for the Triangle area.  

Attended the Silsbee game there and it's very nice.  Great venue.  Don't know the capacity but it's about 40 million times better than that ridiculous Bryan gym where the region tourney was last year.  I assume the tourney is there again this year because the girls' was.  

The WOS Event Center is out at the edge of the galaxy limiting it's appeal.   

6 hours ago, Who That said:

First of all Silsbee doesn't need Johnson to beat HF. Second of all if you know coach Sig" you should know Johnson might not play at all this game. And if he does it most likely won't be till the starter's come out. Coach Sig" is going to play the same player's he has been playing thats been putting in the work. Johnson will haft to put in a little work before coach Sig" plays him. Between 3:30 to 1:30 on the clock in the 4th you might see him in just to see how he performs and carries himself. We will haft to just sit back and wate an see what happens. Johnson will be a big step up for Silsbee but I've seen enough of games to know how coach sig" works. And that's my opinion on this with Johnson... Go Silsbee Tigers..! 🐅🏀

First of all Never did I say Silsbee needed Johnson to beat HF. Lmao. So chill on that one. I have Silsbee winning this one fairly easy tbh. But all of Silsbee faithfuls on here and on the Facebook group are raving about him joining the team and “how much of an impact player he is coming off the bench and he will become a future Silsbee star…etc.” just was curious why not Tuesday instead of gunning for Monday that’s all. 

57 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

First of all Never did I say Silsbee needed Johnson to beat HF. Lmao. So chill on that one. I have Silsbee winning this one fairly easy tbh. But all of Silsbee faithfuls on here and on the Facebook group are raving about him joining the team and “how much of an impact player he is coming off the bench and he will become a future Silsbee star…etc.” just was curious why not Tuesday instead of gunning for Monday that’s all. 

I'm sure playing Monday would have gave HF alot less time to prepare. 

3 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

I wouldn’t say all the Silsbee faithful but a few have. A couple thought the same during football season as well… but regardless Johnson or no Johnson HF is out of their weight class in this game 

56 minutes ago, Mballler#1 said:

I said after the Silsbee West Orange game that Silsbee is going to make the new West Orange area their new home away from home it’s a very Classy arena up their with a lot of really good 6a schools facilities if not better than that. 

I’m all for it.  I will even make an exception to my “never, ever wear maroon” rule.