Hamshire Fannett vs Silsbee

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

NO!!!!!!!!! Absolutely positively no bands!!!!

😄 I thought that might prompt a reaction.   This isn't college basketball after all is it?  

At the Silsbee game I attended WOS didn't have a pep band.  No pep band.  They had they're ENTIRE marching band, color guard and dance team at one end, drumline and all, in uniform.  It was DEAFENING, like the loudest pep rally.  But who can blame them?  Celebrating the opening of a remarkable facility.  I think we were only the second game ever played there.  Hopefully that won't be the norm.

HF breaks the press pretty well.  Last night they scored some baskets without dribbling the ball on their side of the court with 2-3 quick passes.  If they can do that against Silsbee, which is obviously a taller task, they have a chance to keep it pretty interesting.  But it’s going to take a great game from the horns and a mediocre one from the tigers for HF to have any chance at an upset.  I’m rooting hard for them, but I’m with everyone else in the “Silsbee by 20ish” camp.  

2 hours ago, JimThorpe said:

😄 I thought that might prompt a reaction.   This isn't college basketball after all is it?  

At the Silsbee game I attended WOS didn't have a pep band.  No pep band.  They had they're ENTIRE marching band, color guard and dance team at one end, drumline and all, in uniform.  It was DEAFENING, like the loudest pep rally.  But who can blame them?  Celebrating the opening of a remarkable facility.  I think we were only the second game ever played there.  Hopefully that won't be the norm.

They brought all that to Winnie for their playoff game last Tuesday.

I was told that would not happen again.

1 hour ago, Tigers94 said:

Doe HF understand Silsbee gets another player back agreeing to Tuesday. A pretty good one at that. He'll probably see limited minutes off the bench at first, but a little extra firepower never hurts.

Are we supposed to know the answer to this question or is this rhetorical 

25 minutes ago, Midcountyman89 said:

I believe you forgot a question mark. Asking a question with “does” not “doe” typically requires a question mark. I do not have their contact info, but why was this player out to begin with? If it was academic ineligibility, hopefully he doesn’t learn from you and it’s not in English!

Come on man 

47 minutes ago, Midcountyman89 said:

Are we supposed to know the answer to this question or is this rhetorical 

Johnson will be available to play by Tuesday. Very good combo guard and will definitely provide more depth for the Tigers.

Lot's of folks been waiting to see this young man play with this group.

1 hour ago, navydawg31 said:

I’m glad they are playing at WOS! Great choice. I mentioned that in bi district and well I was told teams wouldn’t play their because they wasn’t familiar… 😂😂

Wasn't really a choice.

Hamshire-Fannett won the flip for what day to play (they wanted Tuesday, Silsbee wanted Monday). In return Silsbee got to pick which venue. They wanted WO-S, HF wanted PA Memorial.

It was a coin flip, not necessarily a choice.

8 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Wasn't really a choice.

Hamshire-Fannett won the flip for what day to play (they wanted Tuesday, Silsbee wanted Monday). In return Silsbee got to pick which venue. They wanted WO-S, HF wanted PA Memorial.

It was a coin flip, not necessarily a choice.

How was it not a choice?
It was still Silsbee’s option to play there… they won the “venue flip” and got it. What’s crazy to me is Silsbee wanted Monday, but Johnson doesn’t come available until Tuesday…? 

2 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

How was it not a choice?
It was still Silsbee’s option to play there… they won the “venue flip” and got it. What’s crazy to me is Silsbee wanted Monday, but Johnson doesn’t come available until Tuesday…? 

First of all Silsbee doesn't need Johnson to beat HF. Second of all if you know coach Sig" you should know Johnson might not play at all this game. And if he does it most likely won't be till the starter's come out. Coach Sig" is going to play the same player's he has been playing thats been putting in the work. Johnson will haft to put in a little work before coach Sig" plays him. Between 3:30 to 1:30 on the clock in the 4th you might see him in just to see how he performs and carries himself. We will haft to just sit back and wate an see what happens. Johnson will be a big step up for Silsbee but I've seen enough of games to know how coach sig" works. And that's my opinion on this with Johnson... Go Silsbee Tigers..! 🐅🏀

4 minutes ago, Who That said:

First of all Silsbee doesn't need Johnson to beat HF. Second of all if you know coach Sig" you should know Johnson might not play at all this game. And if he does it most likely won't be till the starter's come out. Coach Sig" is going to play the same player's he has been playing thats been putting in the work. Johnson will haft to put in a little work before coach Sig" plays him. Between 3:30 to 1:30 on the clock in the 4th you might see him in just to see how he performs and carries himself. We will haft to just sit back and wate an see what happens. Johnson will be a big step up for Silsbee but I've seen enough of games to know how coach sig" works. And that's my opinion on this with Johnson... Go Silsbee Tigers..! 🐅🏀

Yeah he will be a welcome addition but the guys like Elam Gaines, and Boldwen are usually the guys who come in 1st. I will also say Johnson led JV in scoring last season im pretty sure could come in and give us a solid 4 min a half. I believe Silsbee will need him more if we play Wheatley and Booker T.

2 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Yeah he will be a welcome addition but the guys like Elam Gaines, and Boldwen are usually the guys who come in 1st. I will also say Johnson led JV in scoring last season im pretty sure could come in and give us a solid 4 min a half. I believe Silsbee will need him more if we play Wheatley and Booker T.

Why has the Johnson kid not been playing?