Hamshire Fannett vs Silsbee

I'm wondering what the Horns might do to alter the experiment.  I'm a Tigers fan so this is devil's advocate stuff. 

The Tigers like a fast paced game and they're streaky so don't let them be that way.  Do whatever you can to break up the flow and continuity of the game.  Even if it's going against your own nature.  Go very slow when the clock is not running.  I'm not saying go slow when the clock is running.  I'm saying play with speed and high energy and use that energy to limit the number of possessions,

And as I've said before sacrifice offensive rebounding for defense.  Backcourt guys can't get sucked into going after careems unless it's coming right at them.  Certainly if you're beyond 15' from the goal and a shot goes up don't pass go don't collect $200 but immediately start back peddling until you see you're guy get the rebound head back on defense.

And no errant passes.  An intercepted pass is the worst kind of turnover.  It would be better to just throw the ball into the stands.  A turnover that results in a back court inbounds is usually not going to result in a quick layup or open 3.  And getting tied up is the best kind of turnover because you get the ball back half the time.  

Otherwise it's going to be that 20+ Silsbee win that everybody (including me)  seems to expect.  Frankly it's mathematical or like before the fact memory, something that's already happened before it's happened.  

1 hour ago, JimThorpe said:

I'm wondering what the Horns might do to alter the experiment.  I'm a Tigers fan so this is devil's advocate stuff. 

The Tigers like a fast paced game and they're streaky so don't let them be that way.  Do whatever you can to break up the flow and continuity of the game.  Even if it's going against your own nature.  Go very slow when the clock is not running.  I'm not saying go slow when the clock is running.  I'm saying play with speed and high energy and use that energy to limit the number of possessions,

And as I've said before sacrifice offensive rebounding for defense.  Backcourt guys can't get sucked into going after careems unless it's coming right at them.  Certainly if you're beyond 15' from the goal and a shot goes up don't pass go don't collect $200 but immediately start back peddling until you see you're guy get the rebound head back on defense.

And no errant passes.  An intercepted pass is the worst kind of turnover.  It would be better to just throw the ball into the stands.  A turnover that results in a back court inbounds is usually not going to result in a quick layup or open 3.  And getting tied up is the best kind of turnover because you get the ball back half the time.  

Otherwise it's going to be that 20+ Silsbee win that everybody (including me)  seems to expect.  Frankly it's mathematical or like before the fact memory, something that's already happened before it's happened.  

Silsbee plays well in the half court as well. I watched them play West Brook and United. They played well in the half court vs bigger teams. Unfortunately you will have to run alot playing the Tigers. Having 5 guys who start who can shoot the 3 helps in the half court.