NON-DISTRICT OPPONENT 2024-25 THREAD/Post here

5 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

You only play 10 non district teams and you lost to Bellville in bi district. Somehow I missed a game. My mistake, i thought i was referring to WOS.

We didn't lose to bellville we went to state for the 4th year in a row. The team they were speaking of was Shepherd.

4 hours ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Wow, lumberton parents can be over the top or he knew he just lost a-lot of talent and was moving on. 

I think it’s the latter. Lumberton parents are on par with most schools. Passed a huge bond for the schools, renovated stadium and field house, put in turf. I think they’re losing a lot of talent though. Hopefully I’ll be surprised. 

I have a ton of respect for the coaching profession, always have and always will. I have not been unfair to any coach or the coaching profession 

I have stated under Barrow’s leadership and his assistants, the Bulldogs have been very bad. That is not unfair , it is a true statement

I have said that Reyes assistants do like working for him and that he doesn’t know much about football. Simply talk to the assistants and see what they say. Maybe they will tell you something different than they told me

As for Silsbee, yes they have been good, however people always overrate them by suggesting they are state champions every year

There are a ton of excellent head coaches and assistant coaches in the SE Texas area

Examples: BH, PNG, EC, HF, Anahuac, Silsbee, LCM, and many more

I suggest that your statement is totally incorrect, when stating I am unfair

On 2/3/2024 at 12:49 AM, wo-s#1 said:

Big Ned plays UP when they schedule the Mustangs and the Tigers…not sure who you wanna see ,maybe the boudain balls or the sand sharks!!

Yes, just play Duncanville, Aledo and Carthage and you will be on your way to win state.  

On 2/6/2024 at 8:53 PM, spidersal said:

Yes it does and that makes it weaker than well water. I guess that is what happens when you go 6-15 the past 2 seasons and the program has a losers mentality philosophy!

Hate is a sinful terrible thing.

If I didn’t know better I would think some of these people that post all this hate stuff took one too many dives off the deep end without any water in the pool!  I just don’t where you come up with this stuff. I am finding out that you do not like the truth stated!!!

2 hours ago, spidersal said:

If I didn’t know better I would think some of these people that post all this hate stuff took one too many dives off the deep end without any water in the pool!  I just don’t where you come up with this stuff. I am finding out that you do not like the truth stated!!!

I have thought the same thing. Especially when people suggest that Nederland should schedule Pearland, Katy schools and other 6As. 

My suggestion on non district games was to better prepare them for district It had nothing to do with wins and losses. It had to do with playing better competition that will help get you ready for district I would say IMO there will at least 4 district teams better than their non district opponents, so again it is about getting them prepared 

You can rest assured if they lose to their scheduled non district opponents, you will see another 2-8 to possibly 4-6 season

On 2/2/2024 at 8:17 PM, spidersal said:

I do not know. If they wanted an easy win, they have agreed If they wanted an opponent to get them ready for district, they would have declined They could have possibly tried Barbers Hill, LaPorte, Galveston Ball, Texas City for better competition, but in my opinion they went the easy route with WOS and Silsbee since they have been playing each other. These are positives for WOS and Silsbee and a negative for the Bulldogs. I would imagine that their 1st opponent will possibly weaker that those 2

How would a teams like North Shore or katy playing Nederland get them ready for their district. 

8 hours ago, spidersal said:

My suggestion on non district games was to better prepare them for district It had nothing to do with wins and losses. It had to do with playing better competition that will help get you ready for district I would say IMO there will at least 4 district teams better than their non district opponents, so again it is about getting them prepared 

You can rest assured if they lose to their scheduled non district opponents, you will see another 2-8 to possibly 4-6 season

And you can "rest assured" that losing to Pearland, Katy, etc in non-competitive games will not help them do any better in district either. 

14 hours ago, Longhorn62 said:

Tarkington schedule

Scrimmage- Hull-Daisetta and Legacy Prep academy.

8/30- @Corrigan-Camden

9/6- Snook

9/13- @Anderson-Shiro

9/20- Hardin

9/27- @Crockett

10/11-@ Shepherd

10/18 Silsbee

10/25- @ Hampshire-Fannett

11/1- @ West Orange Stark

TBA- Jasper

Man.. after that shepherd game Tarkington in for a rude awakening as far as skill of opposition goes. Best of luck

Well Mr Falcon, I believe when you play good non district opponents , who all will be better than the 4 district opponents( who will be better than the non district opponents they have on their schedule) then you will have a much better chance of winning since you have faced better opponents than your district opponents vs facing weaker opponents than your district opponents 

Your non district record will not be good, however you will have a better chance to do well in district 

17 hours ago, spidersal said:

I have a ton of respect for the coaching profession, always have and always will. I have not been unfair to any coach or the coaching profession 

I have stated under Barrow’s leadership and his assistants, the Bulldogs have been very bad. That is not unfair , it is a true statement

I have said that Reyes assistants do like working for him and that he doesn’t know much about football. Simply talk to the assistants and see what they say. Maybe they will tell you something different than they told me

As for Silsbee, yes they have been good, however people always overrate them by suggesting they are state champions every year

There are a ton of excellent head coaches and assistant coaches in the SE Texas area

Examples: BH, PNG, EC, HF, Anahuac, Silsbee, LCM, and many more

I suggest that your statement is totally incorrect, when stating I am unfair

Unfair. yes      Coach bashing, yes.   I did security  for coach WT Johnston who said it best to the athletes who played for him “ Keep your eyes on the cross “ Hate is a terrible sinful thing. 

19 minutes ago, spidersal said:

purple eagle you need to state IYO  Nothing I have stated has been unfair. My comments have simply been the truth

So you tell me Has Nederland been good under Barrow’s leadership?  Have his assistant coaches done a good job?

I checked your profile and all of your posts are negative . 

16 minutes ago, spidersal said:

I see that you did not answer my question, so you can forget the negative comment. If you have checked all post, you will have noticed they are all truths

So anything that comes out of your mouth is the truth.

Your view is an opinion.  Opinions are like %##% holes, everyone has one, some stink more than others!!!

8 hours ago, spidersal said:

Well Mr Falcon, I believe when you play good non district opponents , who all will be better than the 4 district opponents( who will be better than the non district opponents they have on their schedule) then you will have a much better chance of winning since you have faced better opponents than your district opponents vs facing weaker opponents than your district opponents 

Your non district record will not be good, however you will have a better chance to do well in district 

How did it work for PNG last year?