Dallas ISD considering filing a grievance over PNG win

bullets13

This won’t go anywhere. Even if the complaint wasn’t ludicrous, what is the result they think will happen? Overturn every other moment in the game and give the championship to SOC? 

I would very much like to see every email and other written communication exchanged between the teams, and between the teams and the ref crew, as well as all of the information that was made available to both sides. SOC is claiming a “lack of transparency,” but I think this is going to more a case of, “you tricked me by me not reading what I was supposed to read.” 

I AM curious how a guy with “Port Neches” in his bio ended up on the crew. It seems like something he should have recused himself from. On the other hand, if both sides agree, what harm has been done? 

None of this changes the fact that everyone has to deal with bad, even heart-breaking calls. All of us remember games, even in the playoffs, where a ref didn’t call a penalty - or did call a penalty - that we disagreed with. There were several such instances against PNG in this playoffs. If PNG had lost, SOC wouldn’t be complaining about the non-call on PI in the end zone (by the same guy who did the PI that later got called) that stopped a PNG touchdown. They are teaching their kids and community a horrible lesson. 

49 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

This won’t go anywhere. Even if the complaint wasn’t ludicrous, what is the result they think will happen? Overturn every other moment in the game and give the championship to SOC? 

I would very much like to see every email and other written communication exchanged between the teams, and between the teams and the ref crew, as well as all of the information that was made available to both sides. SOC is claiming a “lack of transparency,” but I think this is going to more a case of, “you tricked me by me not reading what I was supposed to read.” 

I AM curious how a guy with “Port Neches” in his bio ended up on the crew. It seems like something he should have recused himself from. On the other hand, if both sides agree, what harm has been done? 

None of this changes the fact that everyone has to deal with bad, even heart-breaking calls. All of us remember games, even in the playoffs, where a ref didn’t call a penalty - or did call a penalty - that we disagreed with. There were several such instances against PNG in this playoffs. If PNG had lost, SOC wouldn’t be complaining about the non-call on PI in the end zone (by the same guy who did the PI that later got called) that stopped a PNG touchdown. They are teaching their kids and community a horrible lesson. 

Come on, let's get real:  Nobody complained about the officiating crew before the game.  WHY?!  Because SOC thought they were not going to lose the game!!

6 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

Amen. 

8 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

This is the hidden content, please

35 minutes ago, CS. said:

So it sounds like he thinks the guy who called the PI is the guy from Groves.  That simply is not the case.  Ignorance.

Probably not, I think he knows that it wasn't him and is saving face for losing by blaming refs. He knows what his team did offensively and is gaslighting. Had some respect for him but losing some with that interview.

I have no dog in this. 

That picture shows a PI. 

If a ref from Groves was on the state championship crew he shouldn't have been and the UIL needs to fix their process to prevent this because even if he was completely objective it will never look objective. 

I also believe the people who are eligible to ref a state championship game are substantially less than the general ability to agree upon officials in other playoff games, that also the UIL's fault. 

If I am PNG I not only think it's UIL and SOCs fault a Groves official was on the field but if your PNG you also would not want that and should have pointed it out prior to the game. I'm assuming that PNG staff and crew just simply didn't know that specific information. 

That being said this is and should not be a grievance with PNG but with UIL. 

32 minutes ago, Matthew328 said:

He did and I corrected him....the official who lives or works in Port Neches threw one flag the entire game and that was a hands to the face

Todd even said the ref warned him 2-3 times before he flagged them for hands to the face.

The ref knew he should not be calling that game.

Perception is reality no matter if anything happened or not

The ref has kids that go to PN-gisd and he owns a business that services the PN-g community.

You know if he would have made a call against PN-g it would have effected his business.

It is a no win situation for him and PN-g.

If the ref wasn't from PN-g this would not even be an issue today.

8 minutes ago, pine curtain said:

Todd even said the ref warned him 2-3 times before he flagged them for hands to the face.

The ref knew he should not be calling that game.

Perception is reality no matter if anything happened or not

The ref has kids that go to PN-gisd and he owns a business that services the PN-g community.

You know if he would have made a call against PN-g it would have effected his business.

It is a no win situation for him and PN-g.

If the ref wasn't from PN-g this would not even be an issue today.

Who says he has kids that go to PNG? Not arguing - I don’t have any personal knowledge, but I heard he had no kids at PNG. 

The coaches probably saw Houston Chapter and went with it. Do they take time to go over each ref and where they're from?

Would Coach Joseph recognize a name of ref as being a business owner in Groves? He's only been here 2 years and he's been a little busy with trips to state.

Coach Todd agreed with the choice.

Hopefully the ref isn't getting harassed by their fan base. Posting his entire address is just inciting people to do stupid things.