Ryan Jones

Robie Robbins

Mathew Pace

Jeff Breaux

Michael Trahan

Parker James

10 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

Better interview? 

Jenkins and Prouse have done all the interviewing they will ever need to do with their on the field success. Like I've said before, I wish Breaux all the luck, but if he got this job simply because the LLCA dads in town want to run a more wide-open offense, then Orangefield may wish they could have this one back. 

4 hours ago, 2wedge said:

Jenkins and Prouse have done all the interviewing they will ever need to do with their on the field success. Like I've said before, I wish Breaux all the luck, but if he got this job simply because the LLCA dads in town want to run a more wide-open offense, then Orangefield may wish they could have this one back. 

Fact

6 hours ago, 2wedge said:

I agree, however does any of that matter if jenkins only here for 2 years? I'd rule him out first just for that reason in my opinion.

1 hour ago, setxathlete14 said:

I agree, however does any of that matter if jenkins only here for 2 years? I'd rule him out first just for that reason in my opinion.

Same could be said of any coach that wanted to move to a bigger school. 
Jenkins had a son that will be playing at Lamar, being at a school closer would have been ideal for him, I wouldn’t have seen him moving anytime soon. 

37 minutes ago, Bobcat1 said:

Jenkins had a son that will be playing at Lamar, being at a school closer would have been ideal for him, I wouldn’t have seen him moving anytime soon. 

Idk anything about the situation. But hiring a job hopper in any profession is usually thought about and brought up.

1 hour ago, Bobcat1 said:

You say that but with how kids transfer at the drop of a hat these days, hiring a coach based on his kid playing at the local university is not a sound way to hire.

9 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

You say that but with how kids transfer at the drop of a hat these days, hiring a coach based on his kid playing at the local university is not a sound way to hire.

I agree and I do think the job hopping is a red flag. I don't hire people who have moved around a lot unless they're moving up. In that case, I undertand their rational more. 

The way I see it is hire a guy that will make you a district champ and get you deep into the playoffs for 2 years attracts better coaching if he did leave in 2 years vs hiring the LLCA guy to throw the ball and go .500 on the season with a relatively easy schedule for the next 5 years. No good coaches are gonna want to come.